Woodbury gets UNC offer

On the flip, if he commits to Iowa, think about how that helps Iowa recruiting. Having a player receive an offer from UNC and choosing Iowa. That alone is worth it.

One thing about Adam becoming a Hawk is that he will be a Hawkeye Hero forever, having earned the respect and gratitude of the State of Iowa, for being true to his lifelong loyalty to the Hawks, along with his parents, and being the first top recruit from the State to say NO to Williams, turning the trend around finally, and opening a door for State recruits to stay home.

If he does go to NC to play for that sleezeball Williams, he will be just another player off the bench, and remembered only for that. Adam Woodbury, oh yeah, he used to play for NC, he did OK off the bench, had some good games, but he was no Jordan. That is how he will be remembered if he goes to Tarheel country and plays for that gosh-darn hick, Williams.

Stay home where you will be appreciated and loved for ages at Iowa, Adam, and give your parents a chance to live their dream and yours.

This is a remarkably insulting post to the player in question.

http://thegazette.com/2011/08/08/q-a-with-adam-woodbury-iowa-is-definitely-in-the-mix/

Great quotes by Woodbury.
Almost as if he is honored by the offer, but that's it.

Has Iowa ever landed a player that had a UNC offer?[/QUOTE]

Uh, Steve Krafcisin?

On the flip, if he commits to Iowa, think about how that helps Iowa recruiting. Having a player receive an offer from UNC and choosing Iowa. That alone is worth it.

What would help Iowa even more is for this recruiting class to be ranked in the top 25 with 2 four star athletes committed to the program. That would start the ball rolling then Iowa just needs to improve in the win column this year to get the whole effect of a program that has turned the corner.

What would help Iowa even more is for this recruiting class to be ranked in the top 25 with 2 four star athletes committed to the program. That would start the ball rolling then Iowa just needs to improve in the win column this year to get the whole effect of a program that has turned the corner.

obviously, yes that would help. Consistent improvement and a top recruit over the next 3 or 4 years will tell it all. Think about how KF got the football program back on track...similar to how you would hope a Woodbury commit might do for the bball program.

One of these days an Iowa kid will be thrilled with the opportunity to stay home and help an Iowa school return to prominence, rather than just chasing the biggest star coach he can get an offer from.

Maybe Woodbury is that kid, maybe not.

More importantly than what Woodbury chooses to do will be what Fran does with the roster he has. Yes, recruiting will make or break Fran's tenure, but those recruits won't come unless they have reason to. If Fran can make some headway this year and pull to .500 or a birth in the NIT, that would help moreso than a 4 star recruit.

With the UNC offer can Kansas be that far behind?

Possibly but I cannot see Kansas becoming a serious contender for Woodbury. He is either going to join his friend at Iowa or his AAU teammate at North Carolina. The NC offer is the one everyone was worried about him getting.

Possibly but I cannot see Kansas becoming a serious contender for Woodbury. He is either going to join his friend at Iowa or his AAU teammate at North Carolina. The NC offer is the one everyone was worried about him getting.

Don't undersell them, in terms of travel time I would guess that Lawrence is actually closer to home than Iowa City. They are an historic program, and they have tapped the Sioux City area before. IF they offer, they become the primary competition for Iowa.

People tend put too much weight in AAU teammates wanting to play together in college. Package deals are the exception not the norm.

Ole' Roy wouldn't have gotten either Hinrich or Collison out of Iowa had it not been for Iowa St. (where Hinrich was headed) or Iowa (where Collison was headed) changing coaches right when those two were deciding. Woodbury will be a Hawkeye in the end.

Ole' Roy wouldn't have gotten either Hinrich or Collison out of Iowa had it not been for Iowa St. (where Hinrich was headed) or Iowa (where Collison was headed) changing coaches right when those two were deciding. Woodbury will be a Hawkeye in the end.

Hinrich, yes.
Collison, I'm not sure.

Just once -- ONCE -- it would be great for a talented Iowa kid to decline a UNC offer and commit to Iowa so the Hawkeye fanbase can give Ol' Roy a collective F U!!!

That's not very Christian-like, I fear. :eek:

I am afraid that the North Carolina forums are not going to like us very much if Woodbury commits to Iowa. I can see all of us going over there talking smack and the Carolina being like "who is Woodbury?".

Stormin, I remember reading up on Collison and his recruitment back then and I truly believe if Tom Davis wasn't in a dead man walking stage, Nick would have been a Hawkeye.
Perhaps. However, I was in high school the same time Nick was. Some guys I hung out with knew Collison and Lindeman (I did not personally know them). And from what I was told was that it was still going to be tough sledding for Iowa to get Nick (regardless of the lame duck coach status). He really liked KU.

Latest posts