Woodbury gets UNC offer

I thought Krafcisin did attend UNC out of Chicago,then transferred to Iowa....or is my memory wrong?
I do not remember winning any recruiting battles with UNC for prep players...JR whatshisname chose UNC,and so did Calabria's son.

Think of this team on the court. Meyer, KA, White, Ogelsby, Gessel.

That team would be the most annoying team in college basketball to play.

If Adam comes to Iowa, he would get immediate playing time, gaining much more actual game experience than he would at UNC. Game experience is a bit better than practice experience. He would have a year of Big Ten game experience as a starter. He will get much more highly deserved recognition starting and actually playing for the Hawks, and have as good if not better chance of achieving All-American status at Iowa because of the extra national exposure . All Big Ten conference games are televised. Adam would certainly be noticed nationwide his first season at Iowa. He would fit Fran's style perfectly, Fran is developing a team that is quick, athletic and smart. One attribute the recruits share is their passing ability and team play above all else.

There is a strong possibility that Zeller will be the starting center his senior year, Adam's first. UC is in the runnning for the DaJuan Coleman, a 5 star recruit, who is the third ranked center in the 2012 class. They are also after Kaled Tarczewski, who is a 5 star center, who is the fourth ranked center in the 2012 class. Adam probably would not be the starting center in the ACC his first year. At Iowa he gets a full season starting in the B1G, and a ton of recognition.

It is outstanding that Adam was offered a scholarship by UNC. That is a very prestigious honor, and well-deserved, as are his other offers by top basketball schools. To be on Kansas and Duke's list of potential recruits is outstanding. A just reward for the work Adam has done this Summer, getting a lot of glowing national attention. I am proud of him as I am of all in state top recruits. Something to do with pride concerning the state of Iowa. I really do hope and believe he will come with Mike G. to Iowa. It has been a dream of his and his parents growing up. He could make it so.

Last edited:
Woodbury committing to Iowa is no different than Gunner Kiel committing to play football for Indiana. What I am telling you is that there is a chance....

I think that Iowa has the best chance of signing him among his offers besides UNC. If I had to guess I would say it is probably a toss up right now between them and if KU offers that could be another blow to Iowa's chances. Although KU is feeling good about their top big man targets. UNC might be appealing to Woodbury because there is going to be a lot of playing time to go around with Henson, Zeller and possibly McAdoo all going pro.

I think that Iowa has the best chance of signing him among his offers besides UNC. If I had to guess I would say it is probably a toss up right now between them and if KU offers that could be another blow to Iowa's chances. Although KU is feeling good about their top big man targets. UNC might be appealing to Woodbury because there is going to be a lot of playing time to go around with Henson, Zeller and possibly McAdoo all going pro.
This. I don't think Woodbury is some kind of backup plan for Roy. With his frontcourt likely evaporating after next year, he should take a couple of post players like Woodbury and Drummond. I don't think he is turning anyone away or hedging his bets.

This. I don't think Woodbury is some kind of backup plan for Roy. With his frontcourt likely evaporating after next year, he should take a couple of post players like Woodbury and Drummond. I don't think he is turning anyone away or hedging his bets.

The fact that UNC is/was in on like 4 centers rated higher than Woodbury, I'd say that he qualifies as a backup plan. The fact that Roy seems to have initiated said backup plan doesn't change that.

The fact that UNC is/was in on like 4 centers rated higher than Woodbury, I'd say that he qualifies as a backup plan. The fact that Roy seems to have initiated said backup plan doesn't change that.

This. If he was a priority or Plan A, then he would have been offered long ago. Just like Paige was.

This. If he was a priority or Plan A, then he would have been offered long ago. Just like Paige was.

Priorities change as players narrow down the schools they like and coaches get the idea that they might not get a couple of their top targets.

Also, Woodbury wasn't producing on the AAU circuit before they way he did this summer, so the fact that UNC didn't offer earlier is not surprising and does not mean that he is a backup plan.

Priorities change as players narrow down the schools they like and coaches get the idea that they might not get a couple of their top targets.

This is the definition of a back up plan

Also, Woodbury wasn't producing on the AAU circuit before they way he did this summer, so the fact that UNC didn't offer earlier is not surprising and does not mean that he is a backup plan.

It kind of does

Woodbury is a backup plan for Roy.
Yesterday proved it.

However, Fran and Iowa have put Woodbury #1 on their list and haven't wavered.
Much different.

And, yes, I realize UNC has that privilege to offer Top 100 players as backups, while Iowa doesn't. Still doesn't change the fact.

This is the definition of a back up plan

It kind of does

Not necessarily. That is what I am saying. If they weren't recruiting him before because they didn't think he was good enough and then he shows them something they really like. At that time he might have become a priority. Just because you offer someone second, third or 50th doesn't mean that they are a back up plan. That is like saying everyone offered after the first offer at a position is a back up plan. He could very well be a back up plan but who knows maybe he is a priority now after his performance in the summer.

Not necessarily. That is what I am saying. If they weren't recruiting him before because they didn't think he was good enough and then he shows them something they really like. At that time he might have become a priority. Just because you offer someone second, third or 50th doesn't mean that they are a back up plan. That is like saying everyone offered after the first offer at a position is a back up plan. He could very well be a back up plan but who knows maybe he is a priority now after his performance in the summer.

If you are the first player offered you are plan A, if you are second you are the back up plan to plan A. (This isn't true in football where you need multiple OL, RB, DB etc) but when you need 1 center and you offer A, then wait a while to offer B, that is called a backup plan. Especially if you are option 7 (or #7 offered as it seems AW is for UNC) then even if you had a special summer performance wise you are still the backup plan. Especially if you offer because you think that backup plan may choose another institution while you're still waiting on your first options. That is a back up plan.

UNC wants to bring in 2 centers, Woodbury was their 6th offered center... and it just happened yesterday.

That is the definition of back-up plan.

Adam blew up on the AAU circuit in June. If Roy liked what he saw, he would have offered him then, not two months later... especially after Adam had a down July.

Is it just me, but it appears that the despicable clown, Williams, is starting to resemble a panic-stricken rat frantically running around a maze, long shriveled claws skittering around, as he scrambles in a vain attempt to score a center for the 2012 class. His timing on the Woodbury offer is a trifle suspect, and reeks of a supreme lack of class and tact.

smartrat.jpg

Adam....Adam....You still there, Adam.....

Last edited:
Is it just me, but it appears that the despicable clown, Williams, is starting to resemble a panic-stricken rat frantically running around a maze, long shriveled claws skittering around, as he scrambles in a vain attempt to score a center for the 2012 class. His timing on the Woodbury offer is a trifle suspect, and reeks of a supreme lack of class and tact.

Any more I believe that Roy Williams and class and tact don't belong in the same sentence, unless the word "lack" is in there somewhere.

Latest posts