Woodbury gets UNC offer

Barnes did ISU a favor by picking UNC. GMac was not going to get it done even with Barnes. It worked out for Barnes (duh) and I think it will work out for ISU. GMac was not the answer. Whether Fred is or not only time will tell.

If you have to ask if Williams is the devil you haven't been paying attention. Yes, he is.

Barnes did ISU a favor by picking UNC. GMac was not going to get it done even with Barnes. It worked out for Barnes (duh) and I think it will work out for ISU. GMac was not the answer. Whether Fred is or not only time will tell.

If you have to ask if Williams is the devil you haven't been paying attention. Yes, he is.

This. Honestly, I don't think it was any big secret that McDermott was on a pretty hot seat, even heading into Barnes' senior year. No in-state school had a realistic chance with him.

Back on topic, someone please post a poll asking whether Roy Williams is, in fact, teh devil.

Previously, I was raked over the coals for calling him a carpetbagger, but I'll go with devil. Same idea. I don't think a vote is necessary.

Previously, I was raked over the coals for calling him a carpetbagger, but I'll go with devil. Same idea. I don't think a vote is necessary.
Roy, that carpetbagging weasel, narrowly avoids a tar and feather session while pushing his snake oil to unsuspecting teens.....
url

Last edited:
Roy, that carpetbagging weasel, narrowly avoids a tar and feather session while pushing his snake oil to unsuspecting teens.....
url

Put little horns on that guy, and you've perfectly captured RW. (He's even facing the correct direction - east, back to Chapel Hill) :)

Put little horns on that guy, and you've perfectly captured RW. (He's even facing the correct direction - east, back to Chapel Hill) :)
He will probably jump on a riverboat at the Mississippi, try to shark a few cards to pad his pockets going back down to Tarhell Land.....

:)

No i'm a realist and if he was my son and I'm a life long Hawk fan and alumnus I would suggest he go to NC and not Iowa. What gives him the best chance of getting to the NBA? What would you suggest to your son?

This is ignorant. At UNC,he might sit behind other high school all americans while at Iowa he is getting maximum playing time,developing his game to it fullest potential. NBA scouts do not give a crap about where a player goes to school. As the old adage about MJ went...who was the only coach who could hold MJ under twenty?...Dean Smith.
If Smith had let him play, MJ would have gone #1 not #3 in the draft...thanks,Dean,from a Bulls fan.

It references this Q&A from a Dave Telep chat on Wednesday...

Hawks (Iowa)
Best guess at where Adam Woodbury ends up? Thanks.

Dave Telep
(12:31 PM)
I always thought he was an Iowa lean and getting Mike Gesell certainly doesn't hurt Iowa's chances. He has really grown over the last six months. I think he will take some visits and explore UNC and other high-majors but at the end of the day I think someone will have to knock is socks off to beat Iowa.
Then, it goes on to say that it appears that Iowa and UNC are the favorites for Woodbury.

The Hawks need you Big Fella. Tell Roy and Bo Ryan you're staying in Iowa.

Last edited:
Could the offer be a technique to push another highly rated recruit to take a UNC offer before Woodbury takes it?

Latest posts