Woodbury gets UNC offer

How deep would he be on the depth chart at UNC 4? They have centers already and are going to get a more highly ranked one this class. How much dies AW want to play?

They'll lose a lot after this year. Henson and Zeller both will be gone and there's a good chance McAdoo is one and done, assuming the NBA doesn't completely dissolve.

Really Roy? There's not enough talent on the east coast for you to poach? You have to come in and ruin our day yet again?

The timing was definitely a reaction offer. I honestly believe he would have offered eventually.. but having Gesell coming out and say he was going to work on Woodbury sped up the process. He may have had to make up ground which is sometimes hard to get traction when asked "why hadn't you offered sooner?".

IF Iowa still gets Woodbury, Roy will start having a more difficult time getting their "high quality fall back guys" away from Iowa. If Roy offers early in the process, he will likely still get them.

I think beating Roy for Woodbury would boost our Recruiting pull for years and we would be looking at starting another string of NCAA Tournament appearances.

As naive as it sounds, I still like Iowa's chances.

Stormin, unfortunately I'm going against you on this one. I hope your right but I know he has really been hoping for a NC offer. Of course any player would like a offer from them, but I'd be surprised if we pull it off. Gessel does help us however.

I ****in hate Roy W.

+1. Dude is really pi$$ing me off.

That said, we can always hope that UNC gets commits from their other offers to bigs before Woodbury decides in November.. Not sure how many schollies UNC has to offer. Hopefully they fill their needs soon and Woodbury ends up a Hawk.

I keep remembering Roy's comments to an Iowa fan at the Iowa state tourny last year about Fran: '' he is going to struggle to get these top recruits here in Iowa because he has not been here that long'' or something to that effect.

Hey Roy...bite me.
Clearly, he is bigfooting our top of the ESPN BB page recruiting news with this offer to Adam. Try to kill Fran's progam in the crib,before he gets momentum. Roy has offers to 5-6 other higher rated center prospects...maybe he pushes them a bit with another offer?

I see that he jumped in to offer forward Jabari Parker,Simeon HS 2013 #1 recruit in the nation yesterday. Not really recruiting him that hard til yesterday,but now...oh yea. Illinois is also on high Roy alert now,as they had designs on Parker...but he also has offers from Duke,KU and KY...good luck Weber.
Meanwhile the other Simeon top 2013 recruit,guard Kendrick Nunn,shocked everyone at Illinois by committing to Texas A & M yesterday...the dominos are falling early.

As naive as it sounds, I still like Iowa's chances.

Liking our chances here to me doesn't come off as naieve. The Woodbury situation represents a crossroads with Roy making a calculated move to rain on our parade. Signing Woodbury now will give Fran even more momentum and the tide will have begun to turn. Whether Adam turns right around and commits to Iowa to give Roy the big FU or feels honored to have the offer but waits things out and picks the Hawks anyway in the end I think he goes with his heart and stays home. I bet on scenario #2.

Adam did say that the fact that Mike just committed to Iowa helps Iowa's chances even more. As some have stated that getting an NC offer or the other upper tier teams offering really looks good on the resume. However it dose not really mean he will fit in well with that team. Adam does know the Iowa staff and the guys he would be balling with. He said many times in several interviews that he could really see him self playing for Iowa.
Once again even though one of the big boys come a prowling dose not mean it's time to throw in the towel.

Adam has said that he is a very loyal person. He has said that Fran was the first to offer him. He has said that his family is the most important thing in his life. He and his parents are longtime Hawkeye fans. I live down here in Atlanta, Georgia and just stopped in two weeks ago to visit my parents. The 18 hour drive was not a lot of fun. It wouldn't be fun for Adam's family to make the trip to watch the games. Adam hints to the Iowa fans to stay with him until November to see what he says one day.

Adam Woodbury is a HAWKEYE...... End of story!

It was pure reaction from Roy today since he lost some big ground. He is also just mad that he cant seem to beat Iowa since we punk slapped them twice when he was at KU. Adam, you can be a local hero and get this thing rolling or sit on the bench for 3 years at UNC. Show Fran some love!

No worries at all here. I've thought all along that Adam would be a Hawkeye regardless of who offers and this latest offer will make it all that much sweeter when he pledges to Iowa.

Woodbury would be an idiot not to go to UNC. But... it all depends on how big of a Hawkeye fan he is I guess? It's tough to not want to play for your favorite school growing up.

With that being said, does he want to be the next Gatens? Not that Gatens had an offer from UNC, but I wonder if he ever asks himself what could have been if he hadn't gone to Iowa? Iowa's been a morgue for Gaten's entire career. Kinda feel for him actually.

Woodbury would be an idiot not to go to UNC. But... it all depends on how big of a Hawkeye fan he is I guess? It's tough to not want to play for your favorite school growing up.

With that being said, does he want to be the next Gatens? Not that Gatens had an offer from UNC, but I wonder if he ever asks himself what could have been if he hadn't gone to Iowa? Iowa's been a morgue for Gaten's entire career. Kinda feel for him actually.

I guess Iowa State's been an elite program though during that time right? :rolleyes:

Latest posts