Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

I said I think Maryland is overrated, that's my opinion. I gave them #4 yesterday because they're 16-2 but I don't think that is sustainable

You've also said that Iowa is the second worst team in the conference and has the second worst talent. You're also a big believer in having a "true" PG and Maryland has two of them. Where is your spine troll?

You've also said that Iowa is the second worst team in the conference and has the second worst talent. You're also a big believer in having a "true" PG and Maryland has two of them. Where is your spine troll?

Maryland is much more talented than us this year, still think we win at home. Purdue was much more talented than us too

Probably yeah. Fran's 2015 and 2016 classes and his inability to get a high level PG just killed us

So we only more talented than Rutgers? Would you be willing to be that the B1G conference standings reflect your opinion on who is talented and who isn't? I think Iowa is more talented that you do, and would be willing to bet on it.

You gonna start backing up any of your trolls? Iowa missing the NIT......Iowa least talent in the B1G......LOL man, you are stepping up and diversifying your troll game past Jordan now.

So we only more talented than Rutgers? Would you be willing to be that the B1G conference standings reflect your opinion on who is talented and who isn't? I think Iowa is more talented that you do, and would be willing to bet on it.

You gonna start backing up any of your trolls? Iowa missing the NIT......Iowa least talent in the B1G......LOL man, you are stepping up and diversifying your troll game past Jordan now.

He doesn't want to bet because he thinks there is a 35% chance Iowa has the second least talent in the Big 10.

Probably, is there any other teams you can think of that are more talented to us? The worst part is we have some good offensive players who are bad defensive players which hurts us

Maryland is much more talented than us this year, still think we win at home. Purdue was much more talented than us too

I don't quite understand. They say home court advantage accounts for roughly 6 points in college basketball, meaning on a neutral site Maryland would be favored by 4. If Maryland is MUCH more talented than us according to you, how can this be?

I don't quite understand. They say home court advantage accounts for roughly 6 points in college basketball, meaning on a neutral site Maryland would be favored by 4. If Maryland is MUCH more talented than us according to you, how can this be?

Maryland is much more talented than us but they're not playing as good as their talent level. Same with Ohio State and Michigan State so far this season except I think Michigan State will improve a lot by the end of the season

You ask so much out of me, why don't you rank the B1G in terms of talent so I can see your opinion instead of just always attacking mine

You ask so much out of me, why don't you rank the B1G in terms of talent so I can see your opinion instead of just always attacking mine

I'm not really into ranking the B1G, that is your thing.

I'm into results actually. I think that Iowa will easily finish above where you have them pegged talent wise, and that is why I would bet on it...

Jok and Cook is one of the most talented duos in the conference. It's hard to be 13th in talent with a duo like that.

There are different ways to measure talent, including playing as a team. To be Frank, Hawk 22 probably isn't very far off on the talent thing as the team stands right now. And we struggled to be Rutgers at home. I have no idea how the Big Ten will do in the Tourney, but win I watch the ACC I see a bunch of very slow teams playing zone and shooting 3's. So I wouldn't say being low on talent in the conference is as much of an insult as it might be. Give us a few road wins and beat Maryland or IU at home and I'll switch my mind. I do think that the team will have to rely less and less on Jok as teams figure things out. The key will be if the point can stand up to teams with quick and experienced guards. They didn't at NW. Young of course. A tough place to play...of course.

Wait a second. You are referring to defensive talent throughout the league? I've never heard someone talk about team defensive talent before.

It was discussed all the time with Uthoff last year so I'm not sure if this is serious

There are different ways to measure talent, including playing as a team. To be Frank, Hawk 22 probably isn't very far off on the talent thing as the team stands right now. And we struggled to be Rutgers at home. I have no idea how the Big Ten will do in the Tourney, but win I watch the ACC I see a bunch of very slow teams playing zone and shooting 3's. So I wouldn't say being low on talent in the conference is as much of an insult as it might be. Give us a few road wins and beat Maryland or IU at home and I'll switch my mind. I do think that the team will have to rely less and less on Jok as teams figure things out. The key will be if the point can stand up to teams with quick and experienced guards. They didn't at NW. Young of course. A tough place to play...of course.

Is Hawk 22 me?

The BTT is in DC. There will be no Purdue/Indiana or Illinois/Northwestern advantage that comes with Indianapolis or Chicago. It's a whole new environment, court, setting, etc. Maryland likely gains some sort of advantage.

We can go 11 or 12 deep. Fran massages the rotation on a game to game basis. Dale Jones is also a wild card. We are built to play 4 games in 4 days. And all of this young undisciplined talent will be more experienced and most likely know they have to win it.

So...the BTT is the obvious path and requires no assistance from anyone else. And every team in the conference already has a loss so none are unbeatable on a neutral court.

Note - I still think we will go 11-7 in conference which means winning a couple in the BTT is probably enough...if the 2nd win is against a quality opponent (Wisconsin, Maryland or Purdue).

It was discussed all the time with Uthoff last year so I'm not sure if this is serious

Anyone who has that kind of talent on offense has pretty much the same talent on defense. They just don't play as hard at that end. That's why when people talk about talented players, it's always based on offense. Mike and Sapp would not be mistaken for one of the most talented duos in the conference last year.

Latest posts