Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

It wouldn't be a true top 25 schedule in difficulty. But it would be an example used for years on how to manipulate the SOS because the computer would spit our name out in the top 25.

I'll ask it this way. Team a plays a team ranked 1 and a team ranked 350. Team be plays a team ranked 50 and a team ranked 300. Which team has a stronger SOS and by roughly how much. To me it's obvious team A has a much harder schedule. But if it works how I thought it did, they would be about the exact same.

I'll ask it this way. Team a plays a team ranked 1 and a team ranked 350. Team be plays a team ranked 50 and a team ranked 300. Which team has a stronger SOS and by roughly how much. To me it's obvious team A has a much harder schedule. But if it works how I thought it did, they would be about the exact same.

I'm not sure. Do you know the answer to that?

Which would you prefer?

1. Good run in the NIT.
2. Quick exit from the NCAA in a play-in game.

I think most would prefer the NCAA because it has the opportunity to do more. However, the best I've see the fans act in recent years at the end of basketball season was after the good run in the NIT.

I'm not sure. Do you know the answer to that?

Nope. It was a legit question. I always hear how much terrible teams hurt you compared to really bad teams so just assume it was something close to an "add up all numbers and divide by the amount of games played" type of equation. Or something close to it. Anyone else know?

Nope. It was a legit question. I always hear how much terrible teams hurt you compared to really bad teams so just assume it was something close to an "add up all numbers and divide by the amount of games played" type of equation. Or something close to it. Anyone else know?

I'm pretty certain that isn't the case

Which would you prefer?

1. Good run in the NIT.

I think most would prefer the NCAA because it has the opportunity to do more. However, the best I've see the fans act in recent years at the end of basketball season was after the good run in the NIT.

It's a lot more fun to watch your team win than lose. That said, there are no guarantees for a quick exit.

I'm pretty certain that isn't the case

The other thing is after every team plays one game, shouldn't half the teams be tied for first place and the other half be tied for last? Obviously some pretty season rankings come into play.

The op made it clear that this wasn't a thread about our chances of making it. It is about what it would take to make it. I say it takes winning all our home games, any 2 road games, and 2 in the Big 10 tourney. The odds of that happening are slightly above zero. That said, if we could somehow play like we did against Purdue the rest of the year (again, not happening) we would end up with a 14-4 or 13/5 record in conference and be locks. There is still time, but not much.

I pretty much do that.

Which would you prefer?

1. Good run in the NIT.

NCAA for sure

Iowa has got to figure out a way to win a couple games on the road for them to have any hope of getting into the NCAA tournament and so far they haven't looked very good.

Iowa has got to figure out a way to win a couple games on the road for them to have any hope of getting into the NCAA tournament and so far they haven't looked very good.

Illinois is a must win. Of course, when you have to go at least 8-4 the rest of the year with at least 2 or 3 no chance games, they're all must wins.

Illinois is a must win. Of course, when you have to go at least 8-4 the rest of the year with at least 2 or 3 no chance games, they're all must wins.

Agreed. I consider myself a pretty big Iowa homer and I can pretty much say if we don't win our next two we are done as far as NCAA chances.

I would love to get into the tournament, but it would take a miracle. I'm good with a deep NIT run. Even without Jok, this team will be better next season and phenomenal the following season.

Latest posts