Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

Our non conference schedule was just too hard to make the NCAA Tournament this year. We needed to schedule like Rutgers did

Who said this? I really think you need to LTG. I said we played a schedule to get to the NCAA's, by facing several top 50/100 RPI type teams. That gives you a chance to build up good non conference wins. If the goal was to make the NIT, then you do what Rutgers did and play all cupcakes, rack up the wins, because with that schedule, and no chance at good wins in the non con, you aint making the NCAA's. It is what Iowa did their last NIT year, and Fran learned from the mistake. They were 9-9 in B1G play and 12-2 in Non Con. You would think that would get you to the NCAA's, but it didn't. Iowa didn't beat or play many good top50/100 teams in the non con and it killed them, and put them in the NIT.

Since I am feeling generous this morning, and you so clearly need to LTG, I'll explain this further to you:

The Mid Majors have been working the RPI forever now. Take St. Mary's for instance. They have played 4 top 50 RPI teams (Dayton, Nevada, Gonzaga, and Texas-Arlington), and 6 top 100 teams total. They have played 7 top 100-200 teams and 4 sub 200 teams. That gives them a SOS rank of 50.

Iowa has played 7 top 50 teams and 9 top 100 teams. They have played 3 teams ranked 100-200 and 7 teams sub 200. Iowa has a SOS ranked 67.

Iowa's schedule is MUCH, MUCH tougher than St. Mary's, but St. Mary's knows how to work the RPI system. KenPom has Iowa as #71 SOS right now and St. Mary's as the 177 SOS. Yet RPI is "tricked" by having less sub 200 teams, and more 100-200 ranked teams. It vaults the St. Mary's SOS way to high.

56, you seriously need to LTG. It will help your overall Troll game as well if you just LTG.

I am certain the RPI formula uses your team's winning percentage * 25%, your opponents' winning percentage * 50%, and your opponents' opponents' winning percentage * 25%. Home wins/losses are worth 0.6 wins/1.4 losses in the calculation, neutral court wins/losses are worth 1 each, and road wins/losses are worth 1.4 wins/0.6 losses. The formula ignores the games you played against your opponents in calculating the opponents' winning percentage.

If you google it, you'll find it to be what I stated above or at least something close to it depending on the source.

Who said this? I really think you need to LTG. I said we played a schedule to get to the NCAA's, by facing several top 50/100 RPI type teams. That gives you a chance to build up good non conference wins. If the goal was to make the NIT, then you do what Rutgers did and play all cupcakes, rack up the wins, because with that schedule, and no chance at good wins in the non con, you aint making the NCAA's. It is what Iowa did their last NIT year, and Fran learned from the mistake. They were 9-9 in B1G play and 12-2 in Non Con. You would think that would get you to the NCAA's, but it didn't. Iowa didn't beat or play many good top50/100 teams in the non con and it killed them, and put them in the NIT.

Since I am feeling generous this morning, and you so clearly need to LTG, I'll explain this further to you:

The Mid Majors have been working the RPI forever now. Take St. Mary's for instance. They have played 4 top 50 RPI teams (Dayton, Nevada, Gonzaga, and Texas-Arlington), and 6 top 100 teams total. They have played 7 top 100-200 teams and 4 sub 200 teams. That gives them a SOS rank of 50.

Iowa has played 7 top 50 teams and 9 top 100 teams. They have played 3 teams ranked 100-200 and 7 teams sub 200. Iowa has a SOS ranked 67.

Iowa's schedule is MUCH, MUCH tougher than St. Mary's, but St. Mary's knows how to work the RPI system. KenPom has Iowa as #71 SOS right now and St. Mary's as the 177 SOS. Yet RPI is "tricked" by having less sub 200 teams, and more 100-200 ranked teams. It vaults the St. Mary's SOS way to high.

56, you seriously need to LTG. It will help your overall Troll game as well if you just LTG.

That doesn't carry much weight when you lose to Omaha at home and give up 100 to Memphis. If our SOS was any harder we'd probably have at least one more loss. You said it though, if we don't make the NIT this year it is because we scheduled too many tough teams I guess.

That doesn't carry much weight when you lose to Omaha at home and give up 100 to Memphis. If our SOS was any harder we'd probably have at least one more loss. You said it though, if we don't make the NIT this year it is because we scheduled too many tough teams I guess.

You think we won't make the NIT? Wanna bet on that?

I think there's a decent chance we don't but no I don't want to bet it. At least if we don't make it we can blame it on the schedule

I'm not sweating the NIT at all. But since you think there is a decent chance we miss the NIT, why not bet on it?

I'm not sweating the NIT at all. But since you think there is a decent chance we miss the NIT, why not bet on it?

Because I don't want to. I realize how tough are non conference schedule was so I know it's a possibility but I would hope now odds are still in our favor we make it

Because I don't want to. I realize how tough are non conference schedule was so I know it's a possibility but I would hope now odds are still in our favor we make it

I still can't believe that you think that is a "decent" chance we miss the NIT. Any other teams going to miss the NIT from the B1G?

Also, just let me know if you reconsider the NIT bet, I'll give you pretty good terms, even though you think there is a good chance we miss the NIT, you should really need good terms, but I'd be willing to give them.

I still can't believe that you think that is a "decent" chance we miss the NIT. Any other teams going to miss the NIT from the B1G?

Also, just let me know if you reconsider the NIT bet, I'll give you pretty good terms, even though you think there is a good chance we miss the NIT, you should really need good terms, but I'd be willing to give them.

We're one of the worst teams in the conference, saying there is a possibility we miss the NIT isn't crazy, especially given our incredibly difficult SOS

We're one of the worst teams in the conference, saying there is a possibility we miss the NIT isn't crazy, especially given our incredibly difficult SOS

Why do you think we will miss the NIT because of our SOS? I don't think there is any chance we miss the NIT. I'm so confident I'm willing to bet. You say there is a good chance we miss the NIT, but won't bet? I think that basically means you are just trolling, if you can't/won't back up what you claim.

Why do you think we will miss the NIT because of our SOS? I don't think there is any chance we miss the NIT. I'm so confident I'm willing to bet. You say there is a good chance we miss the NIT, but won't bet? I think that basically means you are just trolling, if you can't/won't back up what you claim.

You brought up SOS as a potential reason we could miss the NIT, not me

Your post doesn't take onto account that we would have played less top teams. You are just thinking about playing less bottom teams.

Oh wow. Is there another team in the B1G that has that great of chance missing the NIT?

Rutgers, Penn State, us and Nebraska are all possibilities to miss the NIT. I do think if we win tonight we will be in a much better spot and we should win tonight so that's good

I said I think it's a real possibility, probably 35% chance or so

Every since the Northwestern game you have talked like there is no way we even make the NIT. Now you're saying you only think we have a 35% chance of missing it? Then what's with all the posts saying we won't make it? Oh yea, just trollin.

Rutgers, Penn State, us and Nebraska are all possibilities to miss the NIT. I do think if we win tonight we will be in a much better spot and we should win tonight so that's good

The 2nd worst team in the conference shouldn't win tonight.

Latest posts