Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

Every since the Northwestern game you have talked like there is no way we even make the NIT. Now you're saying you only think we have a 35% chance of missing it? Then what's with all the posts saying we won't make it? Oh yea, just trollin.

That is what trolls do. They take the unlikely and act like it is fact and roll with it. His whole day yesterday was spent rolling that troll.

Who said this? I really think you need to LTG. I said we played a schedule to get to the NCAA's, by facing several top 50/100 RPI type teams. That gives you a chance to build up good non conference wins. If the goal was to make the NIT, then you do what Rutgers did and play all cupcakes, rack up the wins, because with that schedule, and no chance at good wins in the non con, you aint making the NCAA's. It is what Iowa did their last NIT year, and Fran learned from the mistake. They were 9-9 in B1G play and 12-2 in Non Con. You would think that would get you to the NCAA's, but it didn't. Iowa didn't beat or play many good top50/100 teams in the non con and it killed them, and put them in the NIT.

Since I am feeling generous this morning, and you so clearly need to LTG, I'll explain this further to you:

The Mid Majors have been working the RPI forever now. Take St. Mary's for instance. They have played 4 top 50 RPI teams (Dayton, Nevada, Gonzaga, and Texas-Arlington), and 6 top 100 teams total. They have played 7 top 100-200 teams and 4 sub 200 teams. That gives them a SOS rank of 50.

Iowa has played 7 top 50 teams and 9 top 100 teams. They have played 3 teams ranked 100-200 and 7 teams sub 200. Iowa has a SOS ranked 67.

Iowa's schedule is MUCH, MUCH tougher than St. Mary's, but St. Mary's knows how to work the RPI system. KenPom has Iowa as #71 SOS right now and St. Mary's as the 177 SOS. Yet RPI is "tricked" by having less sub 200 teams, and more 100-200 ranked teams. It vaults the St. Mary's SOS way to high.

56, you seriously need to LTG. It will help your overall Troll game as well if you just LTG.

Great post. Perfect example of why the SOS and RPI are junk. It's amazing though, the troll remains unphased by logic.

Rutgers, Penn State, us and Nebraska are all possibilities to miss the NIT. I do think if we win tonight we will be in a much better spot and we should win tonight so that's good

Ouch, do we have more talent than those other 3 teams?

That doesn't carry much weight when you lose to Omaha at home and give up 100 to Memphis.

RPI doesn't factor in how many points you score or allow. Losing to Memphis counted as a 1 loss since it was at a neutral site, the Omaha games blows since it was a loss at home which counts as 1.5 losses.

Rutgers, Penn State, us and Nebraska are all possibilities to miss the NIT. I do think if we win tonight we will be in a much better spot and we should win tonight so that's good

Wow. You are as gutless as they come. Just yesterday you ranked Maryland #4 and Iowa #13 in the B1G. Now you are saying that Iowa should win tonight because they are favored.
Funny, shows how much stock you put into your own word.

If there is that little difference between the teams ranked #4 and #13 in the league it seems it would be very tough to rank them and certainly very tough to judge definitively who has more talent, which is of course what everyone told you when you tried to bust out your rankings. Troll on brotha.

Wow. You are as gutless as they come. Just yesterday you ranked Maryland #4 and Iowa #13 in the B1G. Now you are saying that Iowa should win tonight because they are favored.
Funny, shows how much stock you put into your own word.

If there is that little difference between the teams ranked #4 and #13 in the league it seems it would be very tough to rank them and certainly very tough to judge definitively who has more talent, which is of course what everyone told you when you tried to bust out your rankings. Troll on brotha.

I don't think Maryland finishes #4 in the B1G but they are 16-2 so I gave them that. I think they are very overrated. KenPom has them at #49

I don't think Maryland finishes #4 in the B1G but they are 16-2 so I gave them that. I think they are very overrated. KenPom has them at #49

Everything you've ever said on this board would lead me to believe that you think Maryland should win this game.

- Iowa guards are slow (Maryland has two lightning quick guards)
- Illinois is better and more talented than Iowa. (Maryland just won at Illinois)
- Iowa is the second worst team in the conference. (You ranked Mary #4. KenPom has them 6 & Iowa 13)

But you don't have the spine to say that Maryland should win tonight. Hilarious. I'm a Hawkeye homer and I think Maryland wins tonight. If you don't believe what you say it's hard to take you seriously troll man.

Everything you've ever said on this board would lead me to believe that you think Maryland should win this game.

- Illinois is better and more talented than Iowa. (Maryland just won at Illinois)
- Iowa is the second worst team in the conference. (You ranked Mary #4. KenPom has them 6 & Iowa 13)

But you don't have the spine to say that Maryland should win tonight. Hilarious. I'm a Hawkeye homer and I think Maryland wins tonight. If you don't believe what you say it's hard to take you seriously troll man.

You realize we're favored by 2 points

Home game, Jok plays well on rest and Maryland is way overrated. There's a reason we're favored

And that reason is everyone knows we aren't the second worst team in the conference. Are you saying that Rutgers is the only team in the conference that wouldn't be favored against Maryland at home?

PG12C6_007.png

He's just setting up his troll for after the game. If we win it's no big deal because Maryland isn't very good. If we lose to a not very good team at home, it's further proof we suck.

And that reason is everyone knows we aren't the second worst team in the conference. Are you saying that Rutgers is the only team in the conference that wouldn't be favored against Maryland at home?

According to KenPom which is usually pretty close with Vegas that would be true

You realize we're favored by 2 points

I do. I bet on Maryland. Hope Iowa wins of course but I just don't think we match up well with Maryland.

Still doesn't explain why you don't trust your opinions at all. Makes it seem like you were just spewing. Oh wait..... you were.

I do. I bet on Maryland. Hope Iowa wins of course but I just don't think we match up well with Maryland.

Still doesn't explain why you don't trust your opinions at all. Makes it seem like you were just spewing. Oh wait..... you were.

I said I think Maryland is overrated, that's my opinion. I gave them #4 yesterday because they're 16-2 but I don't think that is sustainable

Latest posts