Hawks in the NCAA Tournament:

I don't know why... and I think it's just a gut feeling and the way sports works - but I feel like Iowa wins tonight. It just seems like when ISU loses a game they shouldn't, Iowa turns around and wins one it shouldn't and the opposite which just twists the knife a little to Iowans.

Minne is a 7-7.5 pt favorite tonight. That line seems... crazy.

Its already fallen to -6.5 which still seems high. I assumed the opening line would be -4. Minnesota is playing pretty well though, can't deny it. I'll be at the game tonight getting told by tens of farm animals that they hate iowa. :rolleyes:

Fellow Hawk fans, this NCAA talk is fun and all but let's face it we need close to a miracle. Winning on the road is tough even for veteran teams let alone young teams. Iowa is going to have a tough time tonight against Minnesota, a team considered to be on the bubble.

I don't think a "miracle" is needed lol. We just need to keep playing the way we have been and we will surprise a lot of our remaining opponents. This team CAN play with just about anybody. Will they? Who knows.

I don't think a "miracle" is needed lol. We just need to keep playing the way we have been and we will surprise a lot of our remaining opponents. This team CAN play with just about anybody. Will they? Who knows.

They cannot play with anybody in the half court. They can run with a lot of teams that don't shut them off from running. The teams Iowa beat in the 3 game streak combine for 10 Big wins, 1 less than Wisky. They struggled in the 1st half against a not very good Nebby team at home.

MN lost at MSU, at PSU, at home in OT v Wisky, at OSU, and at Maryland. The won fairly decisively at Illinois to break the 5 game skid.

They have a true and effective Pt Guard and strength inside. This is a formidable task. If they win what they should from here on out they are a lock on the dance, even leaping Iowa if tied or slightly behind.....

If Iowa wins, they will show to be a legit contender for the dance. If not, its an uphill battle against a few even better teams on the road.

This could be the game that shows Iowa desperately needs a true Pt Guard. As Bobby says, it's hard to get fouled 24 feet out. That works game to game and against certain teams, but the big boys play differently.

Playing Michigan State after they got pounded by 29 at Michigan is not my dream scenario. I suspect we will go 0-2 this week. I will be happy with 1-1.

If we somehow go 2-0 we should be in 4th place. NW is 1 game ahead of us. Their next 2 games are at WI and home against MD.

The BTT seeding is going to be crazy this year...probably will be up in the air until the last regular season game is played.

Latest posts