Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="

01.jpgC937E6ED-0E12-427A-ACF3-E22A9C5B7E71Zoom.jpg

This could be the new standard for office dress codes. Can you tell me if the tie goes on top of or underneath the suit coat?[/QUOTE]

Just don't let the tie go past the navel level.

That's been the whole problem with this robust virus, the long incubation period coupled with asymptomatic people unknowingly roaming around passing the virus. Add into that the virus lives so long in the air and on surfaces, it is a recipe for a disaster, which is what we are currently living.

It's almost like this baby was manufactured and got out into the wild. I was going to bring this up to discuss in this thread. Guess might as well do it now. I'm usually NOT of the conspiracy theory type and usually side on the side of science and/or evolution, but, China has been really trying to hide this thing and does not want their named tied to it which really makes one wonder. We know countries work on developing germs for germ warfare. Was this a situation where a scientist may have accidentally got infected in the lab and brought it to the outside world? This virus is a different dog secondary to the above paragraph.

Go back and read the article that @HawkGold posted a day or two ago. Apparently China has been really sketchy on biosecurity for awhile now. Not sure how much I can believe from the article, it feels like propaganda, but it is definitely interesting.

Speaking of conspiracies, it sure feels like organizations are afraid to say anything negative about China for fear of economic repercussions. The NBA couldn't have kowtowed any faster or harder, and they certainly are not alone in that regard. Who is willing to report fairly/truthfully on China? National Review Online has been very harsh, but you see nothing in more mainstream media. Is that because nothing is there, or because they are afraid to take on that economic monster?

Tagging on to this item

If there was a huge amounts of tests available and you had not shown symptoms would you want to get a test to find out if you have already had it?? I would, I would want to know if I have antigen immunity so I could go outside with my test results with me if in case any authorities wanted to stop me.

If I was no longer contagious I wouldnt stay at home but could go see family and friends and even volunteer or work somewhere. If I was immune and I could help at a hospital or get trained to do tests myself I would do it.

I could also right in a golf cart with another person.

I've thought the same thing. I was going ask the very same question. I'd like to know if what I had for an illness a few weeks ago was this coronavirus. If I knew, I could live much differently right now and maybe be of some help somewhere.

How did those two countries get that damn many people anyway? Do they have much larger families on average? I don't get it. I mean I don't think of Asian families with 5-6 kids each.

Well China has a had a one child per family policy since 1979 with some modifications on and off for some rural families having two children. Just imagine how many people they would have without this policy the last 40 years.

Well China has a had a one child per family policy since 1979 with some modifications on and off for some rural families having two children. Just imagine how many people they would have without this policy the last 40 years.

How the hell can they have 4 times the population of the US then? Again, I don't get it.

That's been the whole problem with this robust virus, the long incubation period coupled with asymptomatic people unknowingly roaming around passing the virus. Add into that the virus lives so long in the air and on surfaces, it is a recipe for a disaster, which is what we are currently living.

It's almost like this baby was manufactured and got out into the wild. I was going to bring this up to discuss in this thread. Guess might as well do it now. I'm usually NOT of the conspiracy theory type and usually side on the side of science and/or evolution, but, China has been really trying to hide this thing and does not want their named tied to it which really makes one wonder. We know countries work on developing germs for germ warfare. Was this a situation where a scientist may have accidentally got infected in the lab and brought it to the outside world? This virus is a different dog secondary to the above paragraph.

I posted an article in this thread or the Economic thread about Tulane Univ researchers showing to a high level of accuracy based on genetic info that the covid virus was not manufactured in a lab. I read the article and just barely sort of understood the genetic base pair mappings etc but the article also said the head of the US NIH National Institutes of Health and their people peer reviewed and agreed with Tulane.

Organic molecules have isomers or mirror images and some or many of them actually are favored naturally but not sure if this is part of the findings.

I believe that you are correct that they are two different books. If you google End of Days by Sylvia Brown and The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz I think you will find that this is a comparison of the two.

This had to be intentional by whoever started it because they literally had to have two different books in front of them.

However, we see crap like this in the main stream media all the time. Just the other day CBS News was busted for presenting a photo of a NY hospital when in actuality it was a hospital in Italy.

There has never been a more important time for us to do our own homework and use our reasoning minds - independent of what the talking heads say.

Let truth be your authority, not authority be your truth.

As I posted awhile back (you will have to go look up the links, I am too lazy to repost), a small French study showed that it was effective in improving illness outcome, and a small Chinese study found it had no impact on outcome.

More work has probably been published (open-source) in the last few days, but I haven't seen it.

As this is considered an "essential" drug by WHO for its role in fighting malaria, I wonder if there is concern about creating resistant forms of pathogens? Not really sure, but lots of groups seem to be trying this out right now, so we should hear fairly definitively if it helps pretty soon.

I don’t trust a single word from China on this. With what’s going on here in the States the China numbers are total FAKE in my opinion!!

(KWWL) -- "A new analysis predicts Iowa will make it through the coronavirus pandemic without a shortage in hospital beds, if social distancing mandates are maintained.

The University of Washington's Institute for Health Metrics & Evaluation (IHME) released an interactive projection for every state.

As of Monday, that analysis found Iowa's peak resource use will come in 15 days, on April 15."

I’ve got to assume most the Midwest will survive without being over run by this. Just due to our location and how more spread out we are.

Imagine the very real age demographic problem they are facing.

I posted an article in this thread or the Economic thread about Tulane Univ researchers showing to a high level of accuracy based on genetic info that the covid virus was not manufactured in a lab. I read the article and just barely sort of understood the genetic base pair mappings etc but the article also said the head of the US NIH National Institutes of Health and their people peer reviewed and agreed with Tulane.

Organic molecules have isomers or mirror images and some or many of them actually are favored naturally but not sure if this is part of the findings.

But, can't they still be natural and manipulated in a lab? Not synthetic, per se. Kind of like cross breeding an animal or plant?

The mayor of Teaneck NJ just made a very good point. He said the US Armed Forces or Army has 10,000 nurses and it would be great if maybe 100-200 could be staged in NJ. The mayor said if this is like a war then maybe we should get the military involved.

This is an excellent idea and the military healthcare people will bring their own PPE with them.

But, can't they still be natural and manipulated in a lab? Not synthetic, per se. Kind of like cross breeding an animal or plant?

Not sure as I know more than the basics of RNA and DNA chemistry and biology but not to this level of genetics and genetic drift. These researchers might be able to tell based on whether one carbon atom has a chemical bond that goes one direction vs another. And with electron microscopy and xray crystallography they can get images of the layout of the atoms. I will try to post a picture from a scanning tunneling xray microscope which shows atoms as bumps and the bumps are a measure of the electron could around a nucleus.

How the hell can they have 4 times the population of the US then? Again, I don't get it.

Another thought.

I'm glad the US doesn't have 4X the people in it. I can't stand driving around it now let along add 4X the people, well at least east of I-35 anyway. The east coast is horrific. In Iowa, there is a drastic change driving around NW Iowa compared to SE and east Iowa. I couldn't believe how barren it looked while heading to Sioux City one trip.

They've been around for thousands of years while the US has been around hundreds of years. Obviously there is more to it than that. But that's probably the biggest factor.

Another thought.

I'm glad the US doesn't have 4X the people in it. I can't stand driving around it now let along add 4X the people, well at least east of I-35 anyway. The east coast is horrific. In Iowa, there is a drastic change driving around NW Iowa compared to SE and east Iowa. I couldn't believe how barren it looked while heading to Sioux City one trip.
Think about the east coast compared to the rest of the county. They've been around 100 years or so longer than everyone else. The west coast has filled in fast because it's a great place to live, but the east coast is where everyone populated before they decided to go west. Their foothold was already established. It's very similar to a virus actually. Wherever it takes foothold fastest, the population grows more and more. It's always ahead of the area it it populated later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts