Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly the fine line that the experts and politicians have been straddling when making decisions and why it is not that easy. Some state that in Jan. and Feb. drastic measures should have happen like shutting down the state but when doing that there is extensive collateral damage. It's a balancing act.

Yes, I don't want people to die, but, tanking the economy affecting 97% of the population who would recover from the virus is measured against going ahead and causing economic collapse to attempt to save 3% of an elderly population with chronic health problems, many who unfortunately may have passed away in the coming months without the virus. I'm just pointing out the realistic points and what goes into the experts decisions. Where is that line at?

It's easy to state that "Damn it, they should have been more proactive and shut the state down 2 months ago", but that causes extensive collateral damage to recover from for the majority of the population. The experts hold off causing frenzy and chaos.

I'm a realistic individual who for the most part states it the way it is. I may not like it, but this is the realism of the situation in a large society and what the experts and politicians have been grappling with. Freezing the economy starts a horrible snowball effect.
Economists, financial planners, family counselors, psychologists, and others have charts, graphs and curves showing the effects of tanking the economy, domestic violence, crime, murder, suicide that are more grim than the stats the corona nazis are cramming down our throats. But you will hear very little of the potential B side of all this from the media bubs.

Economists, financial planners, family counselors, psychologists, and others have charts, graphs and curves showing the effects of tanking the economy, domestic violence, crime, murder, suicide that are more grim than the stats the corona nazis are cramming down our throats. But you will hear very little of the potential B side of all this from the media bubs.

Great point. That is more collateral damage beyond economics.

I know this has been discussed and they have been looking at it, but where is the documentation claiming 100% success or anything close to that.

I do doubt if true there is plenty of it to treat everybody diagnosed, if we are talking millions. there most likely would be a shortage of those resources as well. But, I don't know.
It's been posted in these threads multiple times.

Weekly update: I am being sent to work from home tomorrow dilholes! I am gonna survive the rona after all!

I think most would agree with you. That said, I think what you will here a great deal about is how this fallout both in terms of mortality rate and economic impact could have been much lower had it been handled differently and taken much more seriously earlier on.

I said in other posts that I still don't know where I stand on shutting things down, however if that is the best course of action and in the best interest of our country at this time I support it. However, from a medical, economical and social perspective, if shutting down the country is the answer I think the question should be; "did we wait to long to do it?". In a situation like this its all hindsight as we don't know how the situation will play out going forward, but we do know that every day that things are shut down will impact our future. I guess my opinion is would we have been better off as a country to "jump the gun" and shut everything down two weeks ago to try to get a handle on things or have things play out where half the country has shelter in place established indefinitely while the rest of the country is still buying into the idea?

You're a little late. I've been sent home a week and a half ago.

Lick the door handles on the way out!!

I've been told from day one that there very little chance I'll be shutdown or working from home and will continue with day to day activities. That said my travel has been restricted, I'm confined to my office, and our office has been closed to the public so most of my job duties have been "shutdown" but I get to continue to come in to work.

You're a little late. I've been sent home a week and a half ago.

Lick the door handles on the way out!!
I really hope it's not too late and I don't have it. I work for a trucking company and come into contact with out state travelers several times a day. We finally CLOSED off our offices earlier this week and I finally convinced the boss that having half work from home and half work from the office was the smart play. I mean, we have the capability, we have the resources to do it. We only have 6 office employees and 30 drivers. If we all got it in the office at once, that potentially would put us all sick for mutliple weeks, leaving us vulnerable to no coverage. If we split it up then there is a change that if peeps go down we have coverage from the people who stayed home. IMO, that's at least proactive and smart planning.

I really hope it's not too late and I don't have it. I work for a trucking company and come into contact with out state travelers several times a day. We finally CLOSED off our offices earlier this week and I finally convinced the boss that having half work from home and half work from the office was the smart play. I mean, we have the capability, we have the resources to do it. We only have 6 office employees and 30 drivers. If we all got it in the office at once, that potentially would put us all sick for mutliple weeks, leaving us vulnerable to no coverage. If we split it up then there is a change that if peeps go down we have coverage from the people who stayed home. IMO, that's at least proactive and smart planning.

Your plan would work only if keeping away from each other from getting coughed on. Unfortunately, your plan does not work for virus germs on surfaces that each may touch and contaminate or pick up the virus contamination.

I'd recommend everyone wear gloves going to and fro, going directly to individual offices to work. I would avoid the common areas such as the work break area or kitchenette.

Here, just do this when going in. Stay safe.

01.jpgC937E6ED-0E12-427A-ACF3-E22A9C5B7E71Zoom.jpg

Your plan would work only if keeping away from each other from getting coughed on. Unfortunately, your plan does not work for virus germs on surfaces that each may touch and contaminate or pick up the virus contamination.

I'd recommend everyone wear gloves going to and fro, going directly to individual offices to work. I would avoid the common areas such as the work break area or kitchenette.

at least those are the right colors am I right?

Every time I leave my house I wear gloves. I was just at the grocery store and noticed a number of people with gloves on and some had masks as well. Whenever I arrive back home I first wash my hands.

Have any of you been laid off from work and had to file for unemployment? I have not had that happen, yet. I have a part time and full time job. My part time is not letting us work now, but they are going to keep paying the employees. They sent us all a text message last week saying that we cannot file for unemployment because they will continue to pay us (I really like that system, getting paid to not work.) My full time job I am still working, but mostly from home. Am wondering if I will eventually get laid off.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like the same book to me. One has the name and page number at the top and the other has only the page number at the bottom.

And yes - the fonts look different as well.
I believe that you are correct that they are two different books. If you google End of Days by Sylvia Brown and The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz I think you will find that this is a comparison of the two.

The problem is wearing gloves and holding stuff while unlocking doors. In the end you end up touching things with gloves you will end up touching w o gloves. Not so easy.

I work in a bank. The lobby is closed. Sometimes they let some customers in and others to the foyer.

The tellers wear gloves for driveup but don't change gloves between customers that I can see.

I do carry corn alcohol based homemade spray. We leave newly bought groceries in the garage for a few days.

I'm surprised how nervous young people seem compared to older.

Pritzker has shut down Illinois through the end of April.

In our quest to save the lives of the mostly elderly who had health problems anyway we are risking sending our kids out into a second Great Depression.

The ripple effect of the damage to the economy will linger long after we have this virus vaccinated. I have kids 22, 19, and 16. I'm pissed off and scared as hell for them at the same time.

Plenty of young and middle aged healthy people are getting seriously ill, hospitalized and dying. The govt can print money for a few more months and if they get millions tested over the next few months then those who test positive can go back to work if it is determined they cannot continue to infect.

I still dont think the experts know why certain people get hit so hard by the virus. Maybe it is the amount of virus they are first exposed to which overcomes their body before antigens are created.

If the Fed prints 4 trillion $ over the next few months to hand out then yes there will be some devaluation of the dollar and it should result in some inflation maybe, but there is not a lot of buying going on.

Do we really want maybe 30,000 more deaths just so we can open up some more businesses? Or however more deaths. I think the govt needs to be looking ahead a month or two to find a way to identify people who are now "SAFE". I think Bill Gates and a few others said we may need to identify those who can go back to work and mix.

The problem is wearing gloves and holding stuff while unlocking doors. In the end you end up touching things with gloves you will end up touching w o gloves. Not so easy.

I work in a bank. The lobby is closed. Sometimes they let some customers in and others to the foyer.

The tellers wear gloves for driveup but don't change gloves between customers that I can see.

I do carry corn alcohol based homemade spray. We leave newly bought groceries in the garage for a few days.

I'm surprised how nervous young people seem compared to older.
I have heard a report that said wearing gloves does help your chances, but scientist and doctors think that this virus can stick to gloves and clothing, but they said that they don't know how long the virus can stay attached to clothing or live on clothes before it dies out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts