Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EstronHawkKing

I am. I would not want to experience it, especially since they have no cure for it and you would feel pretty crappy for a while. I have been wearing gloves everywhere I go now, even if I'm inside and I have been washing my hands a lot. The skin on my hands is getting pretty dried out.

Here is a link to a news story about a woman in Colorado who caught the virus while traveling. She explains what symptoms she felt and went through. It's pretty interesting.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/c...ent-speaks-out-shares-her-symptoms-and-story/

Last edited:
the only thing that worries me if I get it is all the stupid paperwork I would have to fill-out before I go back to work.

It is a serious issue but I think the hysteria is being taken to the ultimate extremes by some and to a point is being politicized which is heightening the awareness of it.

giphy.gif

Nope.

I am not worried for myself even though my lungs have been scarred by previous pneumonia illness. But I am in generally good health. I have relatives and in-laws who have respiratory problems and illness like asthma and copd so I do hope they do not catch it. I think a lot of them are staying in right now, somewhat secluded which helps them.

My wife and I are retired and we havent been going many places.

We bought plane tickets to fly to Seattle area, actually Bainbridge Island, for our grandson's birthday the first part of April but now that is delayed. We were going to drive out instead until our daughter said maybe come out later.

Yeah concerned about my father who is in a permanent care facility that is understaffed

I understand that worry because of the problem in the WA State nursing/care home.

China not taking quick precautions and measures as well as Italy having quick spread are what could happen.

I am. I would not want to experience it, especially since they have no cure for it and you would feel pretty crappy for a while. I have been wearing gloves everywhere I go now, even if I'm inside and I have been washing my hands a lot. The skin on my hands is getting pretty dried out.

Here is a link to a news story about a woman in Colorado who caught the virus while traveling. She explains what symptoms she felt and went through. It's pretty interesting.

https://kdvr.com/news/coronavirus/c...ent-speaks-out-shares-her-symptoms-and-story/
All those precautions are not a bad thing. But it's an air born virus. Short of wearing a respirator, none of those will stop coronavirus.

My dad is 75, on oxygen, and in poor health. He would not survive this. That's who I worry about.

I worry about my job more. I absolutely cannot work from home nor can i afford to be quarantined for two to four weeks.

We are at holiday peak level volume with tax return season and more people shopping on line. We may get even busier in the coming weeks.

I'm very worried about a few things:

1. The vulnerable family members I have but thats been the case for a few years now. When they get sick its scary.

2. When tests are ready a lot of people are going to get them and a lot of people are going to test positive, even though their symptoms are mild and they will recover but it will still elevate the panic that is already alarming.

3. A vaccine isn't likely to be available for another 18 months to 2 years in the best case. Which means next winter we'll could be dealing with this shit again. From an economic standpoint thats a killer.

I have a close person who has some lung issues when sick. If I get it they'll get it so yes.

For personal reasons, the thought of drowning in my own bed doesn't sound very appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.