Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like maybe we'll get a 2nd wave!!!
giphy.gif

"Fox NFL Sunday co-host Terry Bradshaw predicted on Saturday that despite the coronavirus outbreak, the NFL would continue to hold games.

"We’re going to have the NFL season, we’re all sitting here, I’ve already had two phone calls this morning about what’s going to happen, do you think the fans will be in the stands and so on, so forth," he told "Cavuto Live."

"That just depends on how this virus continues, if it starts going the downward trend and we feel safe enough, and people go with the masks and the rubber gloves and whatever, they will have people in the stands. If we don’t have people in the stands, I think the games go on. I do believe you’re going to have football and at Fox, I mean, with Tom Brady coming over with Tampa Bay now, it’s an exciting time for us and I think our viewers out there should sit back and relax ... But I do believe that the NFL will be broadcast, absolutely."

Bradshaw added that even with "empty stands," the players will be "thrilled" to be at the games.

"The players may not feel the energy from the crowd but they’ll be thrilled to be out there playing, and it will just be different and we can adjust to being different. We have to," he said."

"The NCAA has made it clear that unless college campuses are open to the entire student body in the fall, there are no plans to risk the health of student-athletes for the sake of sports.

President Mark Emmert plainly said Friday night that the NCAA will not play fall sports if the coronavirus pandemic forces schools to close campuses in the coming months.

“College athletes are college students, and you can’t have college sports if you don’t have college [campuses] open and having students on them,” Emmert said, according to the NCAA’s Twitter. “You don’t want to ever put student-athletes at greater risk than the rest of the student body.”

https://twitter.com/NCAA

https://www.businessinsider.com/deborah-birx-cdc-comments-coronavirus-task-force-meeting-2020-5

Birx said 'there is nothing from the CDC that I can trust' in a White House coronavirus task force meeting

"There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust," she told CDC Director Robert Redfield, two people familiar with the meeting told the newspaper.

The Post reported that Birx and others feared that the CDC's statistics on mortality rate and case counts were inflated by up to 25%.

Birx later told The Post in a statement that "mortality is slowly declining each day."

I don't really know what else can be said on this topic. Obviously this is a continuing saga and won't be going away any time soon. In this day and age of polarized politics I seriously doubt if anyone's viewpoints have been changed for the most part But we're living through a momentous period of time in history. Everyone stay safe and see you on the other side.

I thought this thread was going to be locked by now....The "will there be football" thread on the football forum can replace this one....

d6e1f32e4fa18c99e8d4d7f6f586fbfb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.