Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Public Health says a middle aged person between the ages of 41 and 60 is the most recent death, this time from Muscatine County.

Not sure what worries me more, the virus or the fact that if you are only 41 years old that you are considered "middle aged"

Might be a while before we have to implement the penalties for breaking quarantine that might exist elsewhere

“Throw them in a big hole, bury them, let them die in it.”
— Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov speaking of those who break quarantine.

Last edited:
I think most counties are going to get hit hard by the virus and the ones that don't are run by dictator governments we don't want. Ironically, those governments are probably best to have at a time like this.

Yes, dictators have large military and police forces that are mainly to keep order and the dictator in power. Those armed forces can certainly force quarantines and go so far as to shoot people out in the streets and shoot to kill.

Man, the national news networks & the White House are reporting that the next two weeks are going to be really, really bad. This is going to be tough to go through.
What I want to know is if the next two weeks are really bad, how will the weeks right after be better?

I'm not trying to say something's going down, but we've received several flyers in the mail from churches saying they're having Easter services (in person). The wife's boss/business owner (who is a really religious person) said he's reopening on the 13th. I'm just wondering if churches and other businesses have decided that Easter is their own deadline, and they're taking a stand or something. One of the flyers we got is from one of those mega churches that's having a breakfast for the congregation.

I'm not trying to say something's going down, but we've received several flyers in the mail from churches saying they're having Easter services (in person). The wife's boss/business owner (who is a really religious person) said he's reopening on the 13th. I'm just wondering if churches and other businesses have decided that Easter is their own deadline, and they're taking a stand or something. One of the flyers we got is from one of those mega churches that's having a breakfast for the congregation.
My church has already cancelled Easter services. Another church that I like actually records their services and posts them on Youtube. No one is allowed to attend the service, it's just the minister, piano player and about two - three other people.

Easter is also huge for restaurants and Easter brunch, big money maker that may not happen this year.

Linn County really jumped in the last 24 hours

March31_map.png
What's up with Washington county being so high? There's nothing to do in Washington county except count the tractor tire treads on the gravel and dirt roads. Just ask @HawkGold.

I know, it's the proximity to Johnson county and many Washington county residents commute to Iowa City.

My church has already cancelled Easter services. Another church that I like actually records their services and posts them on Youtube. No one is allowed to attend the service, it's just the minister, piano player and about two - three other people.

Easter is also huge for restaurants and Easter brunch, big money maker that may not happen this year.
Good Friday fish fries are the biggest moneymakers for many church parishes after the annual picnic or maybe bingo if it's held often enough.

This year they will be limited to carry outs if they have them at all.

Public Health says a middle aged person between the ages of 41 and 60 is the most recent death, this time from Muscatine County.

Not sure what worries me more, the virus or the fact that if you are only 41 years old that you are considered "middle aged"
I turn 55 this year. That makes me eligible for senior citizen discounts at Perkins, and probably a few other places.

I can't possibly getting that old. At least I look younger than my age. Many people think my 47 year old brother is older than me.

Yes, dictators have large military and police forces that are mainly to keep order and the dictator in power. Those armed forces can certainly force quarantines and go so far as to shoot people out in the streets and shoot to kill.
Or throw them in concentration style camps, where anything can happen.

As bad as this could get, I thank God I live in a country where crap like that won't happen.

Empire State building did a cool thing. The top of the building resembled the rotating light of an ambulance as a tribute to our medical personnel.

Dubuque could do this as well. There is a tower on top of the twelve story American Trust Bank building that has a red, flashing red, green or white light depending on what weather is forecast. It would be simple to simulate an ambulance as a tribute to our medical personnel.

Watch for that light the next time you're in Dubuque, which also has lights that move up, down, or hold in place depending on whether temperatures are supposed to get warmer, colder, or hold steady. I've had people who work on the river barges tell me they rely on the bank tower for a weather forecast when they pass by Dubuque (I used to shuttle barge workers to and from the airport as part of a business my dad once co-owned on the side)

That is funny. I have 3 grandsons and if I live long enough to see them into their teens I will have to remember to greet them sometimes by saying "what you been doing whittling away on your wood"?

Well maybe many of you have never seen the old TV western show called Maverick. But in one episode that I distinctly remember Bret Maverick, played by James Garner who was the reason my two older sisters watched the show. was whittling away on some wood and said he would make a decision about some issue when he was done. Sort of the old Penelope wife of Oddyseus story. Yes people actually carved on wood to make sprear points, forks and spoons, bowls, plates and who knows what all.
I think of Jed Clampett

LOVED Cheers. I've got approximately 40 episodes saved on my DVR (I also recently recorded the entire "Hogan's Heroes" series and just started going through it).

Ironically, I just watched that Cheers episode a couple of months ago.

LOVED Cheers. I've got approximately 40 episodes saved on my DVR (I also recently recorded the entire "Hogan's Heroes" series and just started going through it).

Ironically, I just watched that Cheers episode a couple of months ago.
It's called foreshadow, why didn't you warn us? I have Cheers seasons 1, 5, 10 & 11 on DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts