Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How accurate are those numbers though? Those numbers are only based on those that have been tested. I'm from Des Moines County and I've heard credible talk of individuals who have been quarantined that were told they had it by physicians, but were never tested. We keep hearing talk about those cases that have been confirmed and the tests that came back negative. What I really want to know, and am shocked it isn't being reported, is how many people in each individual community have been quarantined but never tested. I think those numbers needed to get back to the department of public health so that they can be followed up on as well.

I see a number of counties that have no confirmed cases. Are those counties that fortunate not to have any cases or is it simply a matter of those counties not having access to any of the tests. Testing is great if everyone is being tested, but I'm not sure that's the case.

It's really not relevant how many positive cases there are. What's relevant is how many people are in the hospital. As long as hospitals aren't too full, we are doing a good job.

It's really not relevant how many positive cases there are. What's relevant is how many people are in the hospital. As long as hospitals aren't too full, we are doing a good job.

How do we "contain" the spread of the virus to determine if social distancing is truly affective if we aren't tracking who's been quarantined and deemed as likely to carry the virus. I definitely see your point though. We can only do so much, but it surprises me that those numbers aren't being reported.

Pritzker has shut down Illinois through the end of April.

In our quest to save the lives of the mostly elderly who had health problems anyway we are risking sending our kids out into a second Great Depression.

The ripple effect of the damage to the economy will linger long after we have this virus vaccinated. I have kids 22, 19, and 16. I'm pissed off and scared as hell for them at the same time.

In the grand scheme of things and down the road it will be relevant To know the mortality rate, but not at the present. When you have a Virus spreading that Is very contagious with no treatment data and no vaccine that’s real problem and to not know all of where the positive cases are is a big problem..

In the grand scheme of things and down the road it will be relevant To know the mortality rate, but not at the present. When you have a Virus spreading that Is very contagious with no treatment data and no vaccine that’s real problem and to not know all of where the positive cases are is a big problem..
Chloroquine has shown to have a near 100% cure rate. Supposedly, there's plenty of it as well.

Those numbers are great on Hydroxychloroquine TK, but it is this number that’s the most Troublesome 25 percent of people infected with the new coronavirus may not show symptoms, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns — a startlingly high number that complicates efforts to predict the pandemic’s course and strategies to mitigate its spread.

I am not sure, what did you see? Is the font different on each page, is the text not aligned correctly????

Doesn't look like the same book to me. One has the name and page number at the top and the other has only the page number at the bottom.

And yes - the fonts look different as well.

It’s shown to work, but TK I’m not biting on that 100% cure rate number.

As I posted awhile back (you will have to go look up the links, I am too lazy to repost), a small French study showed that it was effective in improving illness outcome, and a small Chinese study found it had no impact on outcome.

More work has probably been published (open-source) in the last few days, but I haven't seen it.

As this is considered an "essential" drug by WHO for its role in fighting malaria, I wonder if there is concern about creating resistant forms of pathogens? Not really sure, but lots of groups seem to be trying this out right now, so we should hear fairly definitively if it helps pretty soon.

If that drug is used for only critically ill patients and has that high of a success rate, then that's a big deal. If its prescribed to everyone, including people showing mild symptoms, then it doesn't mean near as much. Hopefully it's the former.

Pritzker has shut down Illinois through the end of April.

In our quest to save the lives of the mostly elderly who had health problems anyway we are risking sending our kids out into a second Great Depression.

The ripple effect of the damage to the economy will linger long after we have this virus vaccinated. I have kids 22, 19, and 16. I'm pissed off and scared as hell for them at the same time.

This is exactly the fine line that the experts and politicians have been straddling when making decisions and why it is not that easy. Some state that in Jan. and Feb. drastic measures should have happen like shutting down the state but when doing that there is extensive collateral damage. It's a balancing act.

Yes, I don't want people to die, but, tanking the economy affecting 97% of the population who would recover from the virus is measured against going ahead and causing economic collapse to attempt to save 3% of an elderly population with chronic health problems, many who unfortunately may have passed away in the coming months without the virus. I'm just pointing out the realistic points and what goes into the experts decisions. Where is that line at?

It's easy to state that "Damn it, they should have been more proactive and shut the state down 2 months ago", but that causes extensive collateral damage to recover from for the majority of the population. The experts hold off causing frenzy and chaos.

I'm a realistic individual who for the most part states it the way it is. I may not like it, but this is the realism of the situation in a large society and what the experts and politicians have been grappling with. Freezing the economy starts a horrible snowball effect.

Last edited:
Chloroquine has shown to have a near 100% cure rate. Supposedly, there's plenty of it as well.

I know this has been discussed and they have been looking at it, but where is the documentation claiming 100% success or anything close to that.

I do doubt if true there is plenty of it to treat everybody diagnosed, if we are talking millions. there most likely would be a shortage of those resources as well. But, I don't know.

This is exactly the fine line that the experts and politicians have been straddling when making decisions and why it is not that easy. Some state that in Jan. and Feb. drastic measures should have happen like shutting down the country but when doing that there is extensive collateral damage. It's a balancing act.

Yes, I don't want people to die, but, tanking the economy affecting 97% of the population who would recover from the virus is measured against going ahead and causing economic collapse to attempt to save 3% of an elderly population with chronic health problems, many who unfortunately may have passed away in the coming months without the virus. I'm just pointing out the realistic points and what goes into the experts decisions. Where is that line at?

It's easy to state that "Damn it, they should have been more proactive and shut the country down 2 months ago", but that causes extensive collateral damage to recover from for the majority of the population. The experts hold off causing frenzy

I'm a realistic individual who for the most part states it the way it is. I may not like it, but this is the realism of the situation in a large society and what the experts and politicians have been grappling with. Freezing the economy starts a horrible snowball effect.
Imagine the political backlash if Trump would have shut the country down in February. I know I would have bee. Irate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts