Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN anchor Chris Cuomo has tested positive. His co-worker Don Lemon wants CNN to not air the Presidents daily briefings on the virus. To me, that's sounds like what Communist would do.

I can understand the sentiment of not listening to Trump tell out and out lies and misleading statements. Maybe they can put in a 10 second delay and bleep out any lies and stupid stuff that Trump says.

I thought if very apt today that Maryland Gov Hogan who is a Repub said Trump is lying when Trump says there is nothing wrong with testing and tests are available to all. Good to hear a Repub stand up to the Prez's nonsense.

Yeah, because white guys wanting to keep their slaves and enforcing a travel ban on China due to a pandemic are the same thing right.

But wait, a travel ban was placed on Europe too...never mind.

Sorry SteveGarvey. I let a joke go to far.

I didn't get how racism was related to this when you first brought it up. But you were referring to criticism of the travel ban, which now no one seems to be critical of.

I would argue that just because Trump was unfairly criticized in the past, that does not mean he doesn't have to face criticism going forward.

I understand politics are going to be a part of this discussion, but this conversation is drifting beyond how politics are related to the virus. Let's stay on topic.

Rob is it really politics when our President many times is stating bald faced lies about our pandemic situation right on live TV and just minutes later he is corrected and the facts are put out by the medical experts? I think this is a major part of the story in the US. I think that what I just posted about the Repub Gov of Maryland saying Trump lied late yesterday and today about there being plenty of tests for everyone shows that this aspect of the situation, leadership and its consequences, is coming from all sides of our citizenry. Lying for whatever reason that can be tied to people dying/suffering is really bad. Maybe the only reason or time to lie or not let people know some truth is when the huge asteroid is just about here and only a few people know about it.

Rob is it really politics when our President many times is stating bald faced lies about our pandemic situation right on live TV and just minutes later he is corrected and the facts are put out by the medical experts? I think this is a major part of the story in the US. I think that what I just posted about the Repub Gov of Maryland saying Trump lied late yesterday and today about there being plenty of tests for everyone shows that this aspect of the situation, leadership and its consequences, is coming from all sides of our citizenry. Lying for whatever reason that can be tied to people dying/suffering is really bad. Maybe the only reason or time to lie or not let people know some truth is when the huge asteroid is just about here and only a few people know about it.
bunsinessman-in-dunce-cap-sits-on-a-stool-in-corner.jpg

Whenever you mention Presidents or certain Political parties into comments that’s injecting Politics

But you don't have to assume. We can check. What was he saying to the public?

Did he coordinate the acquisition of PPE at the federal level or did he tell the states to do it themselves?

And what did he do to the the CDC over the last 3-4 years. Proposing massive budget cuts? Eliminated the pandemic response team.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/
Now you're probably getting too political. I'll just say someone doing something that lines up with what you believe and someone doing nothing are two separate things.

Now you're probably getting too political. I'll just say someone doing something that lines up with what you believe and someone doing nothing are two separate things.

It's tough. The government is a big part of any pandemic response. To not talk about them, or the leaders who are elected to office. Well, is that the line?

I guess we can just post casualty numbers for the next 6 months.

I understand politics are going to be a part of this discussion, but this conversation is drifting beyond how politics are related to the virus. Let's stay on topic.
Hey, I noticed the difference when it started to get too political. Turns out I do understand the difference after all. I'm glad you see the difference too and allow this thread to keep going as long as it doesn't cross that line. Thanks Rob.

Yes that's political. That post is the most political post in this 59 page thread. We all know your opinion on the president now. Please stop so the thread doesn't get shut down.

It's tough. The government is a big part of any pandemic response. To not talk about them, or the leaders who are elected to office. Well, is that the line?

I guess we can just post casualty numbers for the next 6 months.
I agree, it is a fine line. Hopefully Rob continues to stay a little lenient because of that, as long as it doesn't blatantly cross the line.

I agree, it is a fine line. Hopefully Rob continues to stay a little lenient because of that, as long as it doesn't blatantly cross the line.

I think this thread occupied a lot of time on the debate of if the virus scare was real.

It seems we are getting past that.

While problems within our government are becoming easier to point out, now that people are accepting the pandemic as real. But that is very political.

Yes that's political. That post is the most political post in this 59 page thread. We all know your opinion on the president now. Please stop so the thread doesn't get shut down.

Ok. I will just post information that is out there and I will try to ascertain the validity of that information as seen by most people around the world who really are experts like the CDC and WHO , Johns Hopkins Univ, Dr. Joseph Fair, etc

Most of you guys have been around here long enough to realize how relaxed the rules have become the last few weeks. I'm just asking that we keep the discussion on the virus. Yes, it can be a blurry line. But I think you guys are intelligent enough to understand what I'm talking about.

Most of you guys have been around here long enough to realize how relaxed the rules have become the last few weeks. I'm just asking that we keep the discussion on the virus. Yes, it can be a blurry line. But I think you guys are intelligent enough to understand what I'm talking about.

I will try to talk about facts and other aspects experts bring to light even including what experts say is incorrect info.

The president has lied and the mainstream media has lied about things the president has supposedly said to make him look as bad as possible. It's a push and let's hope both do better.

I think this thread occupied a lot of time on the debate of if the virus scare was real.

It seems we are getting past that.

While problems within our government are becoming easier to point out, now that people are accepting the pandemic as real. But that is very political.

I think most counties are going to get hit hard by the virus and the ones that don't are run by dictator governments we don't want. Ironically, those governments are probably best to have at a time like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts