Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't care about reporting other infectious diseases? Even though it is required to be reported by law?

Are you a champion of reporting infections diseases not?

And it was tksirius, not PC.

You just seem to fail to realize that people have been dishonest about the severity of the pandemic, and comparing it to the common cold/flu has been a common refrain.

I have more mature arguments with my 13 yr old boys. Your whole lame strategy is to twist and automatically go to the opposite point even though it doesn't fit the debate. Go back and read why I stated this particular virus is so nasty and robust.

FWIW - What I put in a previous email explaining why this virus is so virulent.

This virus is different in a couple ways which makes it extraordinarily contagious and unprecedented. This virus has such an active life cycle when living on surfaces or even in the air. It apparently can live 3hrs in the air, like 4 hours on copper, 24 hrs on cardboard and up to 3-4 days on plastic and stainless steel.

When you add into that, that people can have the virus symptom-free for 1-2 weeks, while going around and touching all the surfaces and sneezing, it is a recipe for a disaster. This is why it spreads so rampant. Just a nasty virus to try to contain.

Many have stated that what we need is heat. I'll take anything at this point or any kind of hope, but, this virus is so weird that there is no given that heat will kill it off like other "more typical" viruses. I think it has proven to spread in pretty hot climates in a couple countries. Whose to say this virus can't tolerate the heat? This seems to be a rather rugged and robust virus. Hopefully the heat can knock it down, though.

Last edited:
I have more mature arguments with my 13 yr old boys. Your whole lame strategy is to twist and automatically go to the opposite point even though it doesn't fit the debate. Go back and read why I stated this particular virus is so nasty and robust. Do I have to Google robust for you? You argue like a child you petulant beeeotch.

I'll just do it for you.

pet·u·lant
/ˈpeCHələnt/

Learn to pronounce

adjective
adjective: petulant
(of a person or their manner) childishly sulky or bad-tempered.
"he was moody and petulant"

You seem to think saying I can't google things is some kind of good jab.

Cool story, once when I was googling something, it redirected me to a place to essentially apply to google for a job.

Sure, I was googling something related to their angular web library:
https://angular.io/guide/attribute-directives

It took me to a linux shell prompt, all within the browser written in javascript. I could download/upload a project to work on, to submit and start the application process. I didn't do it. Web isn't my thing.

But yes, I'm good at googling things.

But back to the topic. You implied that the entire city of Waverly was dumb, and that I was from there. Which came out of nowhere.

Maybe you've been arguing with your 13 year old too much.

Comparison of H1N1 vs. COVID-19:
  • One month after the first confirmed H1N1 US death, the confirmed death total was at 17
  • The first confirmed COVID-19 US death was on February 29. We are less than a month past that point, and the confirmed death total is over 850
  • On August 8, 2009, a little over 3 months after first confirmed US case, there were 477 confirmed H1N1 deaths
  • On March 25, 2020, a little over 2 months after first confirmed US case, there are over 850 confirmed COVID-19 deaths.
  • Globally, 7 months after the presumed start of H1N1, there were just over 6,000 confirmed deaths.
  • On March 25, 2020, a little under 4 months after the presumed start of COVID-19, there are over 20,000 confirmed deaths globally.
H1N1 was declared a global pandemic, and it is estimated (these are not confirmed deaths, but projections based upon modeling and various assumptions) that it killed over 12,000 in the US across the 09/10 flu seasons, and over 250,000 globally.

Interesting times. My wife's employer printed up a letter to use if pulled over while traveling to work and back.

IMG_20200325_132043.jpg

I know of couple people on this feed that can’t wait.

I'm not one of them. My ability to provide for my family is greatly impacted by how severe this ends up being. If that drug starts being used soon and keeps people from dying, then I'll technically be wrong. But I wont go into the poor house and have to beg for food so my little kids can eat. I choose being wrong.

So do you not see the numbers on how quickly this is escalating? Or do you think it just magically stops once it gets really big?

Same team, guys, same team. Let's be civil to one another. If a conversation isn't going anywhere, just walk away.

I'm not getting personal at all. But somehow i know this guy's job, the age of his kid, a ballpark of where he grew up...

Comparison of H1N1 vs. COVID-19:
  • One month after the first confirmed H1N1 US death, the confirmed death total was at 17
  • The first confirmed COVID-19 US death was on February 29. We are less than a month past that point, and the confirmed death total is over 850
  • On August 8, 2009, a little over 3 months after first confirmed US case, there were 477 confirmed H1N1 deaths
  • On March 25, 2020, a little over 2 months after first confirmed US case, there are over 850 confirmed COVID-19 deaths.
  • Globally, 7 months after the presumed start of H1N1, there were just over 6,000 confirmed deaths.
  • On March 25, 2020, a little under 4 months after the presumed start of COVID-19, there are over 20,000 confirmed deaths globally.
H1N1 was declared a global pandemic, and it is estimated (these are not confirmed deaths, but projections based upon modeling and various assumptions) that it killed over 12,000 in the US across the 09/10 flu seasons, and over 250,000 globally.

Good numbers. We are far enough into this now to finally do an apples to apples comparison. Some here still think today's numbers of COVID-19 should be compared to the final numbers of H1N1.

Funny thing is I'm pretty sure they started on the same side of the arguement.

The argument (to me) was only about if it's appropriate to compare the common cold/flu to this epidemic.

So when I see that, I call it out.

We have ER's in New York getting slammed, and tksirus wants us to believe that maybe they all just had a car accident.

The argument (to me) was only about if it's appropriate to compare the common cold/flu to this epidemic.

So when I see that, I call it out.

We have ER's in New York getting slammed, and tksirus wants us to believe that maybe they all just had a car accident.
And Melrose's arguement (I think) was the numbers that TK was crying about are out there to find. You misunderstood him and hilarity ensued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts