Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not upset at all about the things that have been put in place. I’m lucky enough to be with a mfg that is deemed essential. I’m in Minnesota and think we doing the right things and have Shelter in place order starting 3/27 to 4/10.
I heard that. Sorry, by your posts I thought you were a "this is all an over reaction, there is no need to disrupt our way of life" guy.

Did the 3 experts say in 8 weeks we will be free to do whatever we want? I hope so. I'm just not sure that was the message.
It wasn't, and one expert made it clear that if we try to revert to normal too soon and it backfires we will give back all the ground we gained. He mentioned the very real possibility of baseball getting completely banged this year, chiefly because large stadium gatherings would be the last thing to come back.

The eight week model, so far, seems to be working in China, Japan and S. Korea. There have also been some early mutterings that people who have recovered are developing immunity. That would lead to huge dead ends for this virus as it continues to rage on.

I believe in letting individual states make the calls here. Iowa shouldn't have to play by the same rules as New York or California.

The 2nd wave is predicted for Oct/Nov I think. I don't know what they base that off. I'm sure they will have a better prediction after the outcome of phase 1.

But I assume social fatigue for self isolation is a big component.
A couple months of complete shut down, then at least a couple months of buildup. Hopefully more than that with everyone being more aware and careful. If the 2nd wave hits then, see you basketball season.

State of Minnesota has s total 235 open ICU beds available 17 I think right now have covid19 patients and that could be wrong but i know out of 282 cases 26 are hospitalized and 122 no longer need to be quarantined. MN has tested a total of 6365 people to date.
It will be a couple weeks of buildup from the damage done. Expect those all to be full by then. But who knows. Like you said, the midwest is safer.

I heard that. Sorry, by your posts I thought you were a "this is all an over reaction, there is no need to disrupt our way of life" guy.

Nope I have no problem PC my daughter and my daughter-in-law are both pregnant and my daughter is due in 3 weeks. She lives in Rochester, Mn and he husband works for Mayo. They told her today she will deliver alone! As Sad as that is it’s just the nature of this time we in.

It wasn't, and one expert made it clear that if we try to revert to normal too soon and it backfires we will give back all the ground we gained. He mentioned the very real possibility of baseball getting completely banged this year, chiefly because large stadium gatherings would be the last thing to come back.

The eight week model, so far, seems to be working in China, Japan and S. Korea. There have also been some early mutterings that people who have recovered are developing immunity. That would lead to huge dead ends for this virus as it continues to rage on.

I believe in letting individual states make the calls here. Iowa shouldn't have to play by the same rules as New York or California.
I know china is just now coming out of lockdown. It will be interesting to see how that works out of them. Not that they will tell us the truth anyway.

Speaking of which. I always just assumed China tried to keep this a secret so they wouldn't get blamed by the rest of the world. But they probably did it because they knew their economy was going to get crippled, and if they warned us, the rest of the world wouldn't have taken a hit in their economy. Bastards.

Nope I have no problem PC my daughter and my daughter-in-law are both pregnant and my daughter is due in 3 weeks. She lives in Rochester, Mn and he husband works for Mayo. They told her today she will deliver alone! As Sad as that is it’s just the nature of this time we in.

Man that's bad timing.

I know china is just now coming out of lockdown. It will be interesting to see how that works out of them. Not that they will tell us the truth anyway.

Speaking of which. I always just assumed China tried to keep this a secret so they wouldn't get blamed by the rest of the world. But they probably did it because they knew their economy was going to get crippled, and if they warned us, the rest of the world wouldn't have taken a hit in their economy. Bastards.
Think of what would happen if China ever came to us and said that the rent was due.

So 5 weeks ago i got nailed with a very bad flu but never went to dr as badly as I wanted to I didn’t. I had Fever, cough, extreme body ache, fatigued, headaches and was wheezing like a trucker that had smoked for 30+ years. I was down for the count for 4 days with this fever and took me damn near month to feel 100%. Things that make me go hummm atleast for me it makes me go hummm lol. I’m a territory mgr and travel 7 states so I’m all over the Midwest in and out of hotels etc. it could of very well been the flu. I will be tested to see if I have the Covid19 antibody if that would become available

Note: 5th day my fever broke my wife got it. Our 19 year son that lives at home didn’t get it.

So 5 weeks ago i got nailed with a very bad flu but never went to dr as badly as I wanted to I didn’t. I had Fever, cough, extreme body ache, fatigued, headaches and was wheezing like a trucker that had smoked for 30+ years. I was down for the count for 4 days with this fever and took me damn near month to feel 100%. Things that make me go hummm atleast for me it makes me go hummm lol. I’m a territory mgr and travel 7 states so I’m all over the Midwest in and out of hotels etc. it could of very well been the flu. I will be tested to see if I have the Covid19 antibody if that would become available

Note: 5th day my fever broke my wife got it. Our 19 year son that lives at home didn’t get it.

I had a bad cold in February. Not as bad as yours. But took me 3-4 weeks to get over it. Kept telling my wife how different it was. Dry cough. Going to bed early. Started wearing extra layers because I was getting chills.

I also definitely wonder about that. But sometimes a cold is just a cold...

I had a bad cold in February. Not as bad as yours. But took me 3-4 weeks to get over it. Kept telling my wife how different it was. Dry cough. Going to bed early. Started wearing extra layers because I was getting chills.

I also definitely wonder about that. But sometimes a cold is just a cold...

With how it affects others Differently we might never know, but it certainly has me thinking. I’m thinking we are not alone in our thought process right now.

Think of what would happen if China ever came to us and said that the rent was due.
The google says we owe them 1.1 trillion. So I guess if they come to collect we can tell them they owe us .9 trillion now after the 2 trillion stimulus package they caused us to do.

The google says we owe them 1.1 trillion. So I guess if they come to collect we can tell them they owe us .9 trillion now after the 2 trillion stimulus package they caused us to do.

We were about to coin 2 trillion dollars coins a few days ago.

Its not a problem.

A guy I was in boot camp with in 1975 died from a flu vaccine that we all got. I haven’t taken a flu vaccine since. I’ve only had the flu less than 3 times since then and I just let my body to take the time to heal itself. Like it was meant to be. They used to tell us to get a flu vaccine every 3-5 years. Now they are pushing it on us every year! Before this push for flu vaccines ever started, you very seldom heard of autism or Alzheimer’s. Now those disease’s are now common. Some of those early vaccines contained mercury. Coincidence?

Dude, if you want the virus just go get the virus.

Otherwise, it's not going anywhere until there is a vaccine or herd immunization. And neither of those things are happening in the next 8 weeks.

Stop cutting to the chase. It will not make you popular. (But thanks)

A guy I was in boot camp with in 1975 died from a flu vaccine that we all got. I haven’t taken a flu vaccine since. I’ve only had the flu less than 3 times since then and I just let my body to take the time to heal itself. Like it was meant to be. They used to tell us to get a flu vaccine every 3-5 years. Now they are pushing it on us every year! Before this push for flu vaccines ever started, you very seldom heard of autism or Alzheimer’s. Now those disease’s are now common. Some of those early vaccines contained mercury. Coincidence?

It could be. But think how our diets changed since then as well. Not sure how actual food studies go, but I know how approval goes for new technology such as gmo and varies ag chem and well....people would be shocked

About Alzheimer's though, people are living longer so there would also be more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts