Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely you are right about about our food supplies especially the white starchy foods and the fructose corn sugar and other sugars added to a lot of processed foods. Genetics and hormonal imbalances play a big part of it and how our cells react to sugar, our brain reacts to Leptin etc.

As far as family I know what you mean. I was fine until I reached 45 years old and then boom the weight gain started. I have two older brothers who are a few inches shorter than me, not that that is causal, but they have been big eaters like me all their lives and they can hardly and have hardly gained weight. I gained weight just like my dad did when he was in his 40's. Lots of diabetes in my dad and his siblings and they were all heavy when older but even with my higher weight I am not diabetic (maybe due to some genetics I got from my mom).

it is way more complicated than just every obese person putting down their fork and spoon.

Anyway back onto the thread topic although obesity is part of the covid 19 picture.

I agree, but boy do I enjoy eating. That said, I'm eating less produce lately due to fewer trips to the grocery store. Working hard on my garden.

So if they now know that people were dying weeks before the first documented death, that means the actual number of deaths is higher than the reported number.

Truthfully, it would only raise the number by 50 tops since only a few hundred people total had died by late March. But still, if TK can use a handful of examples to suggest the count is way higher than it should be, I can use this as an example that it's way too low.

Antibody tests in New York suggest 2,700,000 people have already had it. If accurate, there's a .5 death rate in the state.

Yes that would be 10 times higher than the reported confirmed cases from our paltry testing system.

Experts around the globe more than a month ago said the true count was probably 5-10 times higher than measured.

The USC and Stanford antibody screening tests are finding 20 or times higher out there.

Does this really surprise you PCHawk when about 40% of infections or so are asymptomatic?

Awesome. Glad to see Ashton trying to help out Iowans. Dude is incredibly smart - top .1% IQ score, too bad he mostly plays buffoons as an actor.

I’ve always agreed with the premise that we need to let this play out. It’s my opinion on this matter. I feel we will look back on how we handle this and regret it and personally feel we will create a far greater problem. I hope I’m wrong but do think our actions will Cause us to lose more lives. Our Government and a lot of state Govenors living in fear! We created this fear and now the end game will be far more catastrophic.

Sweden rolled the dice and showing signs it might be working. Kudos to them..
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/04/22...ockholm-could-see-herd-immunity-in-weeks.html

I’ve always agreed with the premise that we need to let this play out. It’s my opinion on this matter. I feel we will look back on how we handle this and regret it and personally feel we will create a far greater problem. I hope I’m wrong but do think our actions will Cause us to lose more lives. Our Government and a lot of state Govenors living in fear! We created this fear and now the end game will be far more catastrophic.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/04/22...ockholm-could-see-herd-immunity-in-weeks.html

I've see things that suggest COVID is kicking Sweden's economy's ass too.

Woops ... :)

Yes that would be 10 times higher than the reported confirmed cases from our paltry testing system.

Experts around the globe more than a month ago said the true count was probably 5-10 times higher than measured.

The USC and Stanford antibody screening tests are finding 20 or times higher out there.

Does this really surprise you PCHawk when about 40% of infections or so are asymptomatic?

It doesn't surprise me at all. It is right in line with what I expected. .5% death rate is 5 times worse than the flu and it sure seems like it spreads faster with the world in lockdown than the flu does with us not un lockdown. That explains how the US has 40,000+ deaths on the last 4 weeks.

Woops ... :)

The longer this plays out, the more the math tells us. Just like my comments on New York yesterday. It's almost impossible now to suggest there is only a .1% death rate like some people are guessing because that would mean almost the entire population of New York has already been infected.

So if they now know that people were dying weeks before the first documented death, that means the actual number of deaths is higher than the reported number.

They also know that many more people have been infected than initially thought and did not end up sick, or at least not seriously ill. It's likely that the % of deaths to infections is much lower than being reported.

They also know that many more people have been infected than initially thought and did not end up sick, or at least not seriously ill. It's likely that the % of deaths to infections is much lower than being reported.

And if we had had 100 times more testing or even 50 times more testing in the last 7 weeks, maybe 20 to 30 million people in larger cities and hot spots, then we could be re-opening sooner rather than later with more knowledge that fewer people are around to catch it and get sick.

People should be demanding the Feds coordinate and get testing done at a huge level.

And I see Bloomberg is going to head up a NY State level testing program. I hope it works really well just to show the Fed leaders it could be done earlier.

"FOX News: President Trump and public health officials argued on Thursday that higher temperatures and humidity, as well as direct exposure to sunlight, quickly kills the coronavirus, leading to hopes that the threat of the contagion could drastically recede during the summer months.

Bill Bryan, the head of the science and technology directorate at the Department of Homeland, said that solar light along with high temperatures and humidity have a “powerful effect” of creating environments less favorable for the virus to survive.

A chart released by during the White House coronavirus task force by the DHS showed that the novel coronavirus dies within two minutes in hot summer humidity while on surfaces and a minute and a half while in the air.

"Coronavirus dies at a much more rapid pace when exposed to sunlight and humidity,” Bryan said during the White House briefing. “The virus dies the quickest in direct sunlight. Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds."

Bryan, however, warned that the results from a DHS study were still in the nascent stages and cautioned Americans to continue practicing social distancing and other hygiene measures outlined by the federal government."

The longer this plays out, the more the math tells us. Just like my comments on New York yesterday. It's almost impossible now to suggest there is only a .1% death rate like some people are guessing because that would mean almost the entire population of New York has already been infected.

The longer this plays out we will be damn near close. Plus the deaths in NY are astronomical. It’s not adding up

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html

Status
Not open for further replies.