Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you saying his response is dense? If so, which part? Everyone get ready, here comes a well thought out response from TK.
Jfc. He thought the skydiver meme was a serious post. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you didn't understand. :rolleyes:

FOX News: "A man in California was arrested Monday, accused of assaulting his mother after a family dispute over toilet paper dramatically escalated, according to officials.

The Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's station of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said on Twitter that deputies responded to a call where family members were arguing because one relative felt the other one hid toilet paper.

"It turned into a physical confrontation," police tweeted. "One got arrested."

CORONAVIRUS IN THE US: STATE-BY-STATE BREAKDOWN

In the weeks since the COVID-19 pandemic has spread, officials have discouraged hoarding supplies such as paper towels and toilet paper, which have been flying off the shelves in some stores.

Toilet paper still remains a popular commodity. According to market research firm Nielsen, toilet paper sales nationally jumped about 213 percent in the week ending March 13, compared to the same period a year before.

Deputies were called to the home around 3 a.m. when 26-year-old Adrian Yan accused his mother of hiding the family's toilet paper and an argument erupted, Shirley Miller of the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station told the City News Service.

Yan then allegedly punched his mother, according to Miller. The 26-year-old was arrested for suspicion of battery."

If in fact the mother was indeed hoarding the TP she should be punishable by law. Does anyone know in the state of California if one is allowed to place "dibs" on TP in the jails, or does Bubba make the call?

Good grief. Look up “variables” in the dictionary. Race, sex, population density, age, length of illness, survival rates, antibodies produced, drugs tested, social distancing, medical interventions used, and probably dozens and dozens more. Measurement of variables in any statistical study is basic research. Some will seem routine and obvious, but others may be surprising.

It's all about the metrics. Doesn't anyone seriously pay attention to Governor Reynolds daily press conferences? She can't emphasize it enough.

Jfc. He thought the skydiver meme was a serious post. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that you didn't understand. :rolleyes:

And you took my post about your skydiver meme post, WAY too seriously.

I thought it was an obvious joke.

Because that is a subtle way to make a point. Through exaggerations and jokes.

Sorry. To me it was so obvious that he didn't actually think your post was serious that it didn't even cross my mind that you did. I apologize for giving you too much credit. Rookie mistake on my part.

It's all about the metrics. Doesn't anyone seriously pay attention to Governor Reynolds daily press conferences? She can't emphasize it enough.

No I really dont pay attention to her press conferences. Iowa is pretty rural except for about 5 cities and if people dont travel around much and mingle alot the spread in Iowa might be slower and without a treacherous spike or peak.

I keep looking at the number of cases in Iowa and figure there are maybe 2 to 5 times more than that with untested, asymptomatic people.

What's up with Reynolds and her "Hot Pink" Huubba Bubba bubble gum colored clothing?

AP_20073812569162.jpg

Is it even statistically significant if the infected is 5% higher than the percentage of that people in the community? I mean we should expect Hispanic rate of infection to be exactly 29%, if whites make up 35% there's should be 35%, Jews 20% exactly, Gays 8%, you get the picture..

Can a county issue their own "shelter in place" or does it have to come down from the state/governor's decision? I think I read where Black Hawk Co board was going to vote on it.

Is it even statistically significant if the infected is 5% higher than the percentage of that people in the community? I mean we should expect Hispanic rate of infection to be exactly 29%, if whites make up 35% there's should be 35%, Jews 20% exactly, Gays 8%, you get the picture..

Yes, for at least the numbers reported for African Americans in Chicago a couple days ago.

I thought I heard similar for Detroit and New Orleans. But I would need to look that up.

More than half of the people in Chicago who have contracted COVID-19, the disease caused by coronavirus, and over 70% of those who have died are African Americans, health officials and Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Monday. African Americans make up 30% of the city's population, according to the city's data.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/africa...d-19-deaths-in-chicago-mayor-says-2020-04-06/

Sorry. To me it was so obvious that he didn't actually think your post was serious that it didn't even cross my mind that you did. I apologize for giving you too much credit. Rookie mistake on my part.
Dear God, you yahoos are something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts