Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

How exactly does the rule apply? Technically there is more than 6 feet between the woman on the far left and the hand on arm on the far right. Do all 10 individuals have to be inside a 6 foot radius? Has there been any definition as to how social distancing rules apply to groups of 10 or less?

I still don't see how you can promote both social distancing and groups of no more than 10. To me they contradict eachother.

New poll today. 80% of Americans, republicans and democrats, approve of the information presented by Dr. Fauci. Interesting. Multiple poll report by USA Today with clear data.

No I really dont pay attention to her press conferences. Iowa is pretty rural except for about 5 cities and if people dont travel around much and mingle alot the spread in Iowa might be slower and without a treacherous spike or peak.

I keep looking at the number of cases in Iowa and figure there are maybe 2 to 5 times more than that with untested, asymptomatic people.

Sorry its been a running joke. She brings it up countlessly, but has never really gone on to actually discus what these "metrics" are.

Sorry its been a running joke. She brings it up countlessly, but has never really gone on to actually discus what these "metrics" are.

Yeah there are 12 metric points and I haven't been watching but I have never heard anyone say who came up with the metrics and who decided the tipping point of each metric and why 10 metrics have to be tripped to order a state shut down.

Like I say a lot of Iowa seems to have few cases so if people just keep their distance they should be ok with the basic shutdowns of food places and bars. But the Gov ignored both the St Dept of Health and the Iowa Med Assoc who both wanted a shutdown.

News just on NPR that FEMA is closing their public health testing stations (who knows why) because the states can handle it. This Fed Govt leadership is just running away from the problem.

So many people just had to laugh to keep from crying at how bad this White House handled and lacked help for Puerto Rico after the hurricane. Their lack of help is just effing mindblowing for all the money they budget and spend

Yes, for at least the numbers reported for African Americans in Chicago a couple days ago.

I thought I heard similar for Detroit and New Orleans. But I would need to look that up.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/africa...d-19-deaths-in-chicago-mayor-says-2020-04-06/

Yes, it's alarming the higher rate for African-Americans. But I was talking about people tweeting that the death rate for a group is only 5% higher than the rate they are among a population. 40% though, yeah, that's troubling.

New poll today. 80% of Americans, republicans and democrats, approve of the information presented by Dr. Fauci. Interesting. Multiple poll report by USA Today with clear data.

I doubt those 80% have similar credentials in order to fairly evaluate what he puts out - so all they are doing is approving of Fauci himself and relying on hopeium that he's right.

Last edited:
I doubt those 80% have similar credentials in order to fairly evaluate what he puts out - so all they are doing is approving of Fauci himself and relying on hopeium that he's right.

Of course. Any poll would share that characteristic. I still find it encouraging that many are approving of a reliable source.

Is it even statistically significant if the infected is 5% higher than the percentage of that people in the community? I mean we should expect Hispanic rate of infection to be exactly 29%, if whites make up 35% there's should be 35%, Jews 20% exactly, Gays 8%, you get the picture..
It's a 17.2% increase from where it should be, 34/29

Yeah there are 12 metric points and I haven't been watching but I have never heard anyone say who came up with the metrics and who decided the tipping point of each metric and why 10 metrics have to be tripped to order a state shut down.

Like I say a lot of Iowa seems to have few cases so if people just keep their distance they should be ok with the basic shutdowns of food places and bars. But the Gov ignored both the St Dept of Health and the Iowa Med Assoc who both wanted a shutdown.

She kind of explained the other day how she didn't feel comfortable or think was fair to shut down the entire state of Iowa, when we are pretty much taking those measures now anyway, when it might not be fair for a number of counties that don't have any cases or very few.

She also explained how the metric works, what makes up the numbers and the reasoning for it. Much of it is measuring the cases, hospitalizations, and availability of beds (ICU as well) and vents.

tk - you have done an outstanding job of revealing how this "pandemic" is, at best, nothing more than a seasonal influenza.

If that is not true then why have the mainstream media been continually caught in outright lies and misinformation? If what they are trying to present is actually correct then they wouldn't need to resort to such fake news tactics.

The truth would stand on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts