Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I usually enjoy this board, quite a bit. But man, there’s some serious negativity and bitching, complaining and quite frankly ‘Braska type antics with y’all going at each like you guys are experts or something.

look on the bright side, perhaps selfishly. If you’re reading this you ain’t pushing up daisies. Probably ain’t on a ventilator. Probably aren’t even in a hospital. Hopefully some of you are still working. Hopefully some of you snuggle up next to a woman who is letting you slide one past the goalie a little more often than normal. It’s still America, and you’re still Hawkeye fans.

Rob - can you make a rule that every negative post has to be followed by a positive post?

Wow. I usually enjoy this board, quite a bit. But man, there’s some serious negativity and bitching, complaining and quite frankly ‘Braska type antics with y’all going at each like you guys are experts or something.

look on the bright side, perhaps selfishly. If you’re reading this you ain’t pushing up daisies. Probably ain’t on a ventilator. Probably aren’t even in a hospital. Hopefully some of you are still working. Hopefully some of you snuggle up next to a woman who is letting you slide one past the goalie a little more often than normal. It’s still America, and you’re still Hawkeye fans.

Rob - can you make a rule that every negative post has to be followed by a positive post?

Here's a crazy thought. You don't like? Just don't look.

A real breathe of fresh air this one... ;)

Made me chuckle!

And genetic...Sickle Cell.

On a side note, the gene for sickle cell or rather the recessive allele that can give someone sickle cell offers the body the ability to ward off malaria. Sickle cell is a single gene disease. A person with both copies of the allele for sickle cell will be sick and in the past usually died at a young age. A person with one allele for normal shaped blood cells on one chromosome and one allele for sickle shaped blood cells on the other matching chromosomal gene site will be called heterozygous for one of each allele and will have protection against malaria.

Those people who are homozygous for normal shaped blood cells having both normal gene alleles will not suffer sickle cell but are more prone to catch malaria and die living in those parts of the world.

This is one reason why a deadly genetic trait does not disappear from the human genome. And it is amazing how the bad traits can be good.

Depends on what you mean by negativity. Disagreement? You with TK? You with PC? Most is pretty decent debate with some exceptions.

Better rules would be:

Look up the credibility of the Source. Don't care if liberal or conservative, but the historical accuracy.

Show some understanding of those on the other side.

There is a lot of unknown and fear, some from the virus and some by Govt actions.

Some of it is pretty entertaining.

By the way, I hate passing though on the Denver tollways near the airport.

On a side note, the gene for sickle cell or rather the recessive allele that can give someone sickle cell offers the body the ability to ward off malaria. Sickle cell is a single gene disease. A person with both copies of the allele for sickle cell will be sick and in the past usually died at a young age. A person with one allele for normal shaped blood cells on one chromosome and one allele for sickle shaped blood cells on the other matching chromosomal gene site will be called heterozygous for one of each allele and will have protection against malaria.

Those people who are homozygous for normal shaped blood cells having both normal gene alleles will not suffer sickle cell but are more prone to catch malaria and die living in those parts of the world.

This is one reason why a deadly genetic trait does not disappear from the human genome. And it is amazing how the bad traits can be good.

Interesting. I was thinking of some with the disease not being well.

tk - you have done an outstanding job of revealing how this "pandemic" is, at best, nothing more than a seasonal influenza.

If that is not true then why have the mainstream media been continually caught in outright lies and misinformation? If what they are trying to present is actually correct then they wouldn't need to resort to such fake news tactics.

The truth would stand on its own.

Wow. Experts have reported that lung xrays of these sick and dead people show a distinct attack on the whole lung and respiratory system which is different than influenzas we have seen which attack either upper or lower respiratory tract. And the genome of the covid virus is in a different family than flu viruses which is why medical people do not call it influenza. Not even going to say much about your thoughts on the media as they are mainly reporting numbers and details from the experts.

Agree, probably more genetic than socioeconomic.

You may be guessing. Yesterday a French researcher mentioned they are seeing a higher percentage of obese people dying or getting very sick. This may have been mentioned here. We have not heard what the specific characteristic breakdowns are for the dead and very sick african americans. It could be that group is high in obesity, high blood pressure, other problems that are not always genetic.

Interesting. I was thinking of some with the disease not being well.

When you say 'some with the disease' I am not sure if you mean sickle cell or covid. The people who get sickle cell and get ill have both copies of the gene chemistry for sickle shaped blood cells. People with neither copy or only one copy of the sickle cell gene do not have the disease.

Depends on what you mean by negativity. Disagreement? You with TK? You with PC? Most is pretty decent debate with some exceptions.

Better rules would be:

Look up the credibility of the Source. Don't care if liberal or conservative, but the historical accuracy.

There is a lot of unknown and fear, some from the virus and some by Govt actions.

I'd like to reiterate that I'm not at the extreme opposite end of the debate as TK. It just looks that way because he's the one that is so extreme with what he posts that I cant help but call out how bad it is. If his end is a 0 and the opposite end is 100, I'm probably around 65.

I'd like to reiterate that I'm not at the extreme opposite end of the debate as TK. It just looks that way because he's the one that is so extreme with what he posts that I cant help but call out how bad it is. If his end is a 0 and the opposite end is 100, I'm probably around 65.

If it's any consolation, I understand that.

Wow. Experts have reported that lung xrays of these sick and dead people show a distinct attack on the whole lung and respiratory system which is different than influenzas we have seen which attack either upper or lower respiratory tract. And the genome of the covid virus is in a different family than flu viruses which is why medical people do not call it influenza. Not even going to say much about your thoughts on the media as they are mainly reporting numbers and details from the experts.

You really likin' some "experts". Stockholm Syndrome.

Better rules would be:

By credibility, you mean if it isn't left wing, it's not credible.

When you say 'some with the disease' I am not sure if you mean sickle cell or covid. The people who get sickle cell and get ill have both copies of the gene chemistry for sickle shaped blood cells. People with neither copy or only one copy of the sickle cell gene do not have the disease.

I've never studied it. I learned from my wife whe she was a school nurse as to how bad it can be. Learned more today.

tk - you have done an outstanding job of revealing how this "pandemic" is, at best, nothing more than a seasonal influenza.

If that is not true then why have the mainstream media been continually caught in outright lies and misinformation? If what they are trying to present is actually correct then they wouldn't need to resort to such fake news tactics.

The truth would stand on its own.

We are in a really bad situation and the media is trying hard to make that really bad situation look even more terrible than it is for better ratings. That doesn't mean that the really bad situation has to be no big deal at all luke you suggest. Your arguement is like saying if someone tries to pass an 8 off as a 10, she must be butt ugly, otherwise why would they say shes a 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts