Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, 8.1% come back positive. Not a reason to do mass testing.

Has any other country done the "let's not test anyone" approach?

On purpose I mean. I've never heard this idea that you don't want to test people spreading a highly contagious virus. Is this being advocated by anyone in the US or anywhere else?

While I don't think any country will ever get free of the virus until a vaccine, it seems like the only countries doing relatively well combined both massive testing and social isolation.

The test results are crucial to the total data collection process. We really need to identify as many variables as possible if we are to fight not only this battle, but also others to come. Testing is a far, far larger element than just positive or negative results data.

Why? Explain. What is it going to do now?

home gym? We live east of Brighton about 15 miles, out in the plains. We have been able to be pretty consistent.
Not much. Just some bands and a few light dumbells. I tried getting whatever I could, but everything sold out pretty fast. I had a bar and plates ordered with Walmart, but they canceled it. I've been using the rafters in the garage for pullups and abs. I've never been so creative before lol.

Not much. Just some bands and a few light dumbells. I tried getting whatever I could, but everything sold out pretty fast. I had a bar and plates ordered with Walmart, but they canceled it. I've been using the rafters in the garage for pullups and abs. I've never been so creative before lol.
You ever seen Rocky 4? That's me.

Isn't that like saying, after calling the fire department, the chance your home burning down goes up significantly?

Why do you have this itch to challenge every statement by others just to get into a pizzing match. It's WEIRD DUDE!

I'm just stating a fact. 1/3rd of Pt's with COVID who are on vents don't survive it.

Last edited:
The German data came from a localized area....Hamburg I think. Not what the Koch Institute - CDC us saying.

So, 8.1% come back positive. Not a reason to do mass testing.

I didnt say anything about mass testing in Iowa did I? I just posted some data. It would be great to test heavily in Linn and Polk counties and a few other counties to find infected people by back tracing. In Iowa there is a large problem of infections around care centers, retirement homes, whatever you want to call them. Well who the hell visited these people over a 2 week span before the residents of those homes and care workers got sick.

If 30 people or 80 in the homes got sick then how many people visited them? Maybe 400, maybe 200? The normal thing to do is backtrack contact tracing and test those visitors. That is basic public health actions.

Now is New York State, City and Long Island etc mass testing is necessary. Find out who are the asymptomatic people who have had the virus and try to contact trace backwards to test. Corral the virus to help drop the peak and the growth.

We do not have good testing. NY state has had 340,000+ tests, 138,000+ positive out of population of about 20 million. That is pathetic testing levels after a month+.

Current data grade:

Tests Hospitalized In ICU On Ventilator
Positive
Negative Pending Currently Cumulative Currently Cumulative Currently Cumulative Recovered Deaths Total test results(Positive + Negative)
138,863 201,195 N/A 17,493 32,083 4,593 N/A N/A N/A 14,590 5,489 340,058
Last updated: 4/07 00:00 ET

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-china-us-flights-430000-people Fox News:

Some 430,000 people flew from China to US after coronavirus first detected: report

Even after the order went into effect on February 2, some 40,000 people – traveling on 279 flights – have arrived in the U.S. from China, according to the analysis from the New York Times based on data collected in both countries.

Those individuals were exempt from the restrictions because they were either American citizens, U.S. passport or green cardholders. Non-citizen relatives were also permitted to enter the U.S., an exemption made by the president to prevent the separation of families.
Some of those flights arrived within the past week from Beijing into major U.S. airports in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New York.

The people who came in from China mentioned in the post I just entered will be I hope an interesting epidemiological investigation as to which ones may have been sick, were they immediately isolated, were they tested ( I doubt it). etc etc.

The travel records from TSA and the airlines show who the people were. Back tracing these people will be interesting to find out if any showed symptoms at any time or were seriously ill. This is the type of info needed to learn how to handle these outbreaks.

I have heard several medical people etc say pressure needs to be put on China to shut down the 'wet markets' and close confinement of live animals near each other that contribute to species to species jumping and mixing of viruses and the viral DNA/RNA.

Why do you have this itch to challenge every statement by others just to get into a pizzing match. It's WEIRD DUDE!

I'm just stating a fact. 1/3rd of Pt's with COVID who are on vents don't survive it.

There was nothing out of line in my post. You didn't even need to respond. It was a rhetorical question. One that I would expect anyone to agree to. Pizzing match? Try a soft ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts