Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Telling doctors that they expect a COVID-19 diagnosis in most cases based on nothing is appropriate? I agree that you read my post, you just didn't comprehend it. If we can't have an intelligent conversation, maybe we should just stop. Have a nice day.

I don't read "based on nothing" in the CDC guidelines. It is too much to assume it would be based on the judgement of the doctor?

And if we don't use the judgement of the doctor, and we have a lack of testing preventing the cause of death the be determined by that, what are the other options?

Just not count the death? Again, government would love that.

What do you think about the doctors reporting that the ventilators are actually making their conditions worse?
I'm not sure I believe that one. Do they even put people on ventilators before its absolutely necessary? I'm of the understanding that once their oxygen levels get so low that they will die soon without help, then they put them on a ventilator. I also read that as third of people that go on them never come off. That means that 1/3 of the people get better and 2/3 of the people get worse by going from about ready to die to dead. So I guess in that sense, its correct that a majority of people get worse after going on them. If you really want to look at it that way.

I don't read "based on nothing" in the CDC guidelines. It is too much to assume it would be based on the judgement of the doctor?

And if we don't use the judgement of the doctor, and we have a lack of testing preventing the cause of death the be determined by that, what are the other options?

Just not count the death? Again, government would love that.
Add to that, in many cases there is substantial evidence of Covid-19 (lungs) but no test to confirm it. It's certainly not just a shot in the dark.

Add to that, in many cases there is substantial evidence of Covid-19 (lungs) but no test to confirm it. It's certainly not just a shot in the dark.
If a cruise ship sank and they pulled out 10,000 corpses, they would probably just mark them all down as drowning victims. Its possible some got miss counted by falling debris hitting them in the head, but when you're dealing with that many in a short period of time, does it really matter?

So here's a doom and gloom post. New York has more positive cases than Italy now, and they got there by testing less than half as many people. 43% of people who got tested in New York are positive. 18% for Italy. I think iowa is around 10%. That means it's probably more wide spread in New York than in Italy. The death rate probably (hopefully) won't be as high, but if way more people get it, the total deaths in New York will probably end up higher than Italy.

TK, lets just us say we are over counting our deaths. Like you are suggesting.

What is the point? What do we do next?

Perfect response to those who want the very EXACT count is not much difference between 11000 and 10000 deaths if some died at home or were very sick to begin with.

No some people in assisted living centers with underlying issues greater than Covid-19 that have not much time left have gotten this and it's listed as a Covid death.
I could be wrong, but my wife, the former nurse, said that if there is a new illness that exacerbates an existing condition and that results in death; the new illness is listed as at least a partial cause of death. She said it happens with the flu all the time.

Oh, I thought we were talking about under reporting of cases.

Anyway, my thoughts on the death count. Where are we, about 3% death rate on average? We have to remember, many of these individuals were very bad off prior to COVID and many may have been terminal. So, It's not completely saying these individuals died from just COVID so that 3% number should go down just a bit, maybe 1.8-2%.

Also, without COVID, NY and everywhere else have deaths everyday and many of those should be incorporated in the %, I think. It would be interesting to know on average how many deaths NY had in a day prior to the pandemic. I think that average should be put into perspective as well.

haha you guys and your counts, TK and everybody else. You are getting lost looking at one tree in the forest.

The problem is lack of testing, I think after 6 weeks 1.5 million tests have been done in the US out of 330 million people.

The problem is a big lack of PPE and it seems nobody in charge wants to get a lot more of it made and distributed.

The problem is lack of ventilators and logistics of moving ventilators around.

Every taxpayer has helped pay for all our military transportation assets and training for our soldiers and training for military doctors and nurses and they can all do about anything they are asked.

Why are people dying in their homes? I saw a video that showed every hospital has zero patients in them.

Well if you are home alone and this virus hits you really hard and fast and you dont call 911 or someone to help you could die at home for lack of oxygen or buildup of carbon dioxide.

I could be wrong, but my wife, the former nurse, said that if there is a new illness that exacerbates an existing condition and that results in death; the new illness is listed as at least a partial cause of death. She said it happens with the flu all the time.
Point being that this would not be anything new, but a common and established behavior. Why would doctors do anything different for a pandemic.

"LINN COUNTY, Iowa (KWWL) - Linn County leaders are sending a scam warning to Iowans after someone claiming to be a county health employee tried to getting into another persons home.

The person told the resident they needed to come inside to make sure proper "COVID cleaning procedures" were followed.

The individual was not a LCPH employee.

The resident didn't let the person into the home and called police.

Police were later able to identify the individual.

LCPH says no employee from public health will be coming to any home in such a manner, and residents are encouraged to call law enforcement if any such incident would occur."

Chicago Mayor orders quarantine stating nobody should go anywhere unless it's completely necessary, berates people for playing basketball in the park, threatens arrests for violators, then goes herself to see her hair stylist.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts