Are you personally worried about getting the Coronavirus?

Are you personally worried about catching the Coronavirus?

• Yes

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 59.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"LINN COUNTY, Iowa (KWWL) - Linn County leaders are sending a scam warning to Iowans after someone claiming to be a county health employee tried to getting into another persons home.

The person told the resident they needed to come inside to make sure proper "COVID cleaning procedures" were followed.

The individual was not a LCPH employee.

The resident didn't let the person into the home and called police.

Police were later able to identify the individual.

LCPH says no employee from public health will be coming to any home in such a manner, and residents are encouraged to call law enforcement if any such incident would occur."
People are disgusting.

haha you guys and your counts, TK and everybody else. You are getting lost looking at one tree in the forest.

The problem is lack of testing, I think after 6 weeks 1.5 million tests have been done in the US out of 330 million people.

The problem is a big lack of PPE and it seems nobody in charge wants to get a lot more of it made and distributed.

The problem is lack of ventilators and logistics of moving ventilators around.

Every taxpayer has helped pay for all our military transportation assets and training for our soldiers and training for military doctors and nurses and they can all do about anything they are asked.

The test results are crucial to the total data collection process. We really need to identify as many variables as possible if we are to fight not only this battle, but also others to come. Testing is a far, far larger element than just positive or negative results data.

Last edited:
Chicago Mayor orders quarantine stating nobody should go anywhere unless it's completely necessary, berates people for playing basketball in the park, threatens arrests for violators, then goes herself to see her hair stylist.

Do as I say, not as I do.

When you're part of the ruling class...you make your own rules.

Meanwhile, Governor Evers of Wisconsin orders a delay in today’s election, an action taken in many states. Meanwhile, the majority party files suit with the State Supreme Court, which overturns Ever’s decision. Meanwhile, the US Supreme Court agrees with the WI Supreme Court. Meanwhile, the election is held, with thousands of voters standing in line with each other, for hours. Meanwhile, in Milwaukee, where a huge % of voters are African American, there are 5 voting sites. Could not find poll workers for the other 158 normal sites. You can fill in the blanks as to which party did what dependent on your preferences. That is all.

Last edited:
When you're part of the ruling class...you make your own rules.
like that d-bag mayor in New York who shut down all gyms and fitness cubs, but he still get's to go and work out at his fitness club. I don't live in NY or care what his political party is, but just for what he did, I hope he loses in the next election for being a hypocrite

like that d-bag mayor in New York who shut down all gyms and fitness cubs, but he still get's to go and work out at his fitness club. I don't live in NY or care what his political party is, but just for what he did, I hope he loses in the next election for being a hypocrite
And his excuse for doing was that he needs to stay healthy. So, he's admitting that not working out makes someone unhealthy. So, these motherfuckers shutting gyms down... :mad:

I noticed the Hy Vee where I live, the isles are now only one way. Each isle has an arrow on the floor at the entrance of each isle.

Also, ABC News reported that African Americans are really getting hit by the virus. Blacks in Chicago make up for only 30% of the population, but 72% of Coronavirus patients in Chicago are blacks.

I noticed the Hy Vee where I live, the isles are now only one way. Each isle has an arrow on the floor at the entrance of each isle.

Also, ABC News reported that African Americans are really getting hit by the virus. Blacks in Chicago make up for only 30% of the population, but 72% of Coronavirus patients in Chicago are blacks.
One community lives in more concentrated housing and in closer proximity where you would expect tactile and aerosol exposure to be greater. The other community largely lives in grassy suburbs with some distance and separation.

Sucks. But life isn’t always fair.

I just saw an overlay of Milwaukee County with its 5 polling places, (normally 158) all of which were in the area of the highest covid-19 infections in the State. Meanwhile, the area is heavily people of color. Nice targeting by the WI and US Supreme Courts who refused to delay the election.

One community lives in more concentrated housing and in closer proximity where you would expect tactile and aerosol exposure to be greater. The other community largely lives in grassy suburbs with some distance and separation.

Sucks. But life isn’t always fair.
Or, the gun is not democratically loaded.

with my daughters recent hospitalization for 10 days and 2 er visits, the medicals bills for COVID 19 isn't going to be manageable. She was in serious condition, but not intensive care. After discounts almost 200k. Couldn't imagine what the COVID 19 patients could rack up in surviving.

No way the system can work unless the Govt mandates more preventative medicine and healthy lifestyles. Those eating and smoking their way to bad health are not sustainable.

According to this info (from several years ago), someone in NYC dies every 9.1 minutes, meaning they would average about 13,100 deaths per day (I am sure there are seasonal variations in that rate).

A week ago NYC had 932 total deaths from COVID.

As of this morning, they had 3,202 deaths from COVID.

Averaged over a week, that is roughly an additional 325 deaths per day. Yesterday there were 727 deaths.

So COVID could be causing roughly a 1-2% increase in daily deaths in NYC. It seems fairly insignificant if you look at it that way. It seems pretty significant when you realize it has basically caused the equivalent of 9/11 in terms of deaths in the last couple weeks. And it is certainly significant to the thousands of families it is affecting.

As always, a single death is a tragedy, and a millions deaths is a statistic.

Nicely done. Thanks.

haha you guys and your counts, TK and everybody else. You are getting lost looking at one tree in the forest.

The problem is lack of testing, I think after 6 weeks 1.5 million tests have been done in the US out of 330 million people.

The problem is a big lack of PPE and it seems nobody in charge wants to get a lot more of it made and distributed.

The problem is lack of ventilators and logistics of moving ventilators around.

Every taxpayer has helped pay for all our military transportation assets and training for our soldiers and training for military doctors and nurses and they can all do about anything they are asked.

No, you simply have it bass ackward. Many of us are looking at the forest. Dude, you're getting tunnel vision on specific trees. You quoted above, we have 330 million people. Testing of everyone just to know ain't gonna happen dude. It just aint. Sorry. 330 MILLION. As stated before, one test of individuals ain't gonna tell shit, unless you have them chained to a bed.

Dr. Anthony Falci: He has made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiencies, both as a scientist and as the head of the NIAID at the NIH. Fauci is "the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases. Dr Falci has been at the forefront of US efforts to contend with viral diseases like HIV, SARS, the 2009 swine flu pandemic, MERS, Ebola, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 [SARS-CoV-2].

Dr. Falci has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases [NIAID] since 1984, advising six presidents. George W. Bush awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008,

Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, the American Philosophical Society, and the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters, as well as other numerous professional societies including the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, and the American Association of Immunologists.

He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, and as the author, co-author, or editor of more than 1,000 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

Peter Navarro is Trump's Trade Advisor who approved of the US purchase of millions of Hudrocloroquine pills despite the medical professions doubt that they will stop COVID-19. One doesn't need a doctor's prescription to buy the pills.

https://www.healthwarehouse.com/solr/result/?q=plaquenil&wiz_medium=SEM&wiz_source=google&wiz_campaign=Search - RX - Coronavirus Products&wiz_term=+hydroxychloroquine

The White House trade adviser Peter Navarro and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the US top expert on infectious diseases, erupted into a fight during a coronavirus task force meeting on Saturday.

At the center of the argument was how much the White House should back a malaria drug called hydroxychloroquine in fighting the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19.

The discussion began when Stephen Hahn, the Food and Drug Administration commissioner updated the task force on what he'd seem fro drug trials and real-life results. At that point, Navarro, who has no background in science or medicine, distributed folders and praised the "clear therapeutic efficacy" of the drug.

Navarro's remarks sparked significant pushback from public-health officials, including Fauci, who said that the drug was still experimental and that there's no proof it's an effective treatment for COVID-19.

Falci said there was only anecdotal evidence suggesting that hydroxychloroquine is useful against COVID-19, which "just set Peter off," people at the scene said. Navarro pointed to the folders and told Fauci. "that's science, not anecdote"

Navarro then reportedly accused Fauci of opposing the President's restrictions on travel from China, saying, "You were the one who early on objected to the travel restrictions with China."

Fauci, who backed the restrictions and has voice support for trump's announcement, "looked confused." Vice President Mike Pence, the head of the task force, was trying to calm the situation, while everyone was just trying to get Peter to sit down and stop being so confrontational.

This was the point where an expert took control of the situation:

Eventually, Jared Kushner, who also has no medical or scientific training, told Navarro to "take yes for an answer," as the task force agreed that hydroxychloroquine should be sent to the most affected areas.

In fact, as health experts and actual doctors have stressed, there is a lot patients could lose by trying hydroxychloroquine given that the drug can cause heart arrhythmia that could lead to cardiac arrest, for starters. "It causes psychiatric symptoms, cardiac problems and a host of other bad side effects, said Megan Ranney, an emergency physician at Brown University.noting that she had never seen an elected official hype a drug as a miracle cure. "There may be a role for it for some people," she said, " but to tell Americans 'you don't have anything to lose, ' that's not true.
Dr. Anthony Falci: He has made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiencies, both as a scientist and as the head of the NIAID at the NIH. Fauci is "the nation's leading expert on infectious diseases. Dr Falci has been at the forefront of US efforts to contend with viral diseases like HIV, SARS, the 2009 swine flu pandemic, MERS, Ebola, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 [SARS-CoV-2].

Dr. Falci has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases [NIAID] since 1984, advising six presidents. George W. Bush awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2008,

Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, the American Philosophical Society, and the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters, as well as other numerous professional societies including the American Society for Clinical Investigation, the Infectious Diseases Society of America, and the American Association of Immunologists.

He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, and as the author, co-author, or editor of more than 1,000 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

Peter Navarro is Trump's Trade Advisor who approved of the US purchase of millions of Hudrocloroquine pills despite the medical professions doubt that they will stop COVID-19. One doesn't need a doctor's prescription to buy the pills.

https://www.healthwarehouse.com/solr/result/?q=plaquenil&wiz_medium=SEM&wiz_source=google&wiz_campaign=Search - RX - Coronavirus Products&wiz_term=+hydroxychloroquine

The White House trade adviser Peter Navarro and Dr. Anthony Fauci, the US top expert on infectious diseases, erupted into a fight during a coronavirus task force meeting on Saturday.

At the center of the argument was how much the White House should back a malaria drug called hydroxychloroquine in fighting the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19.

The discussion began when Stephen Hahn, the Food and Drug Administration commissioner updated the task force on what he'd seem fro drug trials and real-life results. At that point, Navarro, who has no background in science or medicine, distributed folders and praised the "clear therapeutic efficacy" of the drug.

Navarro's remarks sparked significant pushback from public-health officials, including Fauci, who said that the drug was still experimental and that there's no proof it's an effective treatment for COVID-19.

Falci said there was only anecdotal evidence suggesting that hydroxychloroquine is useful against COVID-19, which "just set Peter off," people at the scene said. Navarro pointed to the folders and told Fauci. "that's science, not anecdote"

Navarro then reportedly accused Fauci of opposing the President's restrictions on travel from China, saying, "You were the one who early on objected to the travel restrictions with China."

Fauci, who backed the restrictions and has voice support for trump's announcement, "looked confused." Vice President Mike Pence, the head of the task force, was trying to calm the situation, while everyone was just trying to get Peter to sit down and stop being so confrontational.

This was the point where an expert took control of the situation:

Eventually, Jared Kushner, who also has no medical or scientific training, told Navarro to "take yes for an answer," as the task force agreed that hydroxychloroquine should be sent to the most affected areas.

In fact, as health experts and actual doctors have stressed, there is a lot patients could lose by trying hydroxychloroquine given that the drug can cause heart arrhythmia that could lead to cardiac arrest, for starters. "It causes psychiatric symptoms, cardiac problems and a host of other bad side effects, said Megan Ranney, an emergency physician at Brown University.noting that she had never seen an elected official hype a drug as a miracle cure. "There may be a role for it for some people," she said, " but to tell Americans 'you don't have anything to lose, ' that's not true.

Very interesting. Strange is the new normal.

I'm not sure I believe that one. Do they even put people on ventilators before its absolutely necessary? I'm of the understanding that once their oxygen levels get so low that they will die soon without help, then they put them on a ventilator. I also read that as third of people that go on them never come off. That means that 1/3 of the people get better and 2/3 of the people get worse by going from about ready to die to dead. So I guess in that sense, its correct that a majority of people get worse after going on them. If you really want to look at it that way.

This. Once one is in ICU on a ventilator, their chances go down substantially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts