Xavier Foster

I just see it differently. Yes it was his senior year. Always felt he didn't do it more due to his knee. Go back and look at some highlights. Not the majority but they are there along with the pullup and good passing. He did in passing that something currently missing. JBo passes from the side. Jok hit the shooter square up.

Listen Jok was 6'6 and of course he is going to drive to the basket occasionally. That doesn't mean that is a strength of his game, and I think that is what people are talking about.

I would say the only time he ever attacked the rim was with a wide open lane or when he caught the ball off a screen and his defender was closing out of control in an attempt to not give him space.

Listen Jok was 6'6 and of course he is going to drive to the basket occasionally. That doesn't mean that is a strength of his game, and I think that is what people are talking about.

Never said it was his biggest part. He could do it. Otherwise why didn't they take away his feet?

I would say the only time he ever attacked the rim was with a wide open lane or when he caught the ball off a screen and his defender was closing out of control in an attempt to not give him space.

Yep, pretty much. Here's Jok scoring 29 points against Purdue his senior year. One drive with the ball using a screen and getting past Swanigan (3:08 mark). Other than that, jump shots off screens or pull ups. One layup off of a steal.

outside the box thinking here, but I heard XF broke his foot and is out for some time. Does this delay his explosion up the rankings and does it allow Iowa to stay with him like they did Jok? Or, is it not that big of an injury and the blue bloods are gonna stay with him?

I don’t wish injury on foster obviously, but him missing significant AAU time does Iowa a favor. Roy Williams and bill self aren’t going to watch him if he’s recovering on a couch in Oskaloosa. From what I understand Peter Jok had this happen to him. Up and coming recruit, had the injury and bug programs backed down.

Yep, pretty much. Here's Jok scoring 29 points against Purdue his senior year. One drive with the ball using a screen and getting past Swanigan (3:08 mark). Other than that, jump shots off screens or pull ups. One layup off of a steal.

And those are just the shots he made. His ratio of dribble drive layups/floaters to 18 ft jumpers or deeper is like 15/1 or more maybe. It was just not his thing to put it on the floor and go to the hoop much. That play he made going through Swanigan weaving to the hoop was really impressive and a little more of that would have been nice. But he was pretty darn good at what he did do best too..

I bet your 30% guess is as high as anybody should go on it too... Mine might be closer to 20. I just think losing Carton is going to make that tough... Unless Fran really pulls a fast one and lands Brooks I think we're swimming up hill

How is his "D", do you know?

No clue honestly. All I've seen are a few highlights of him and those are all on the offensive end of the floor... There's probably some guys on here that have seen his games in person that can better attest to that

need some help here, Osky, Ottumwa [my former home town!]

i actually think we are really well situated with Foster. all the accounts i've read are that he is a very humble soft spoken kid who doesn't necessarily like or want the star treatment and would like to remain in a smaller pond. but we'll see.

i actually think we are really well situated with Foster. all the accounts i've read are that he is a very humble soft spoken kid who doesn't necessarily like or want the star treatment and would like to remain in a smaller pond. but we'll see.

yep, i am aware of all of that. my point still stands. everything that i've heard is that Foster isn't necessarily interested in the bright lights and would pick Iowa if he wants to over UK, UNC, Duke, UCLA, etc, etc, etc because he's very comfortably with the staff, the players and the school.

No clue honestly. All I've seen are a few highlights of him and those are all on the offensive end of the floor... There's probably some guys on here that have seen his games in person that can better attest to that

As a 5 star recruit, I would assume one them is for defense. Doesn't that make some sense? And what are all those stars for? Quickness? Basketball I.Q.? Offense? Color of their Nike's?
Now that tksirius posted Duke's interest, I'm lowering my % to 10.

It sounds like the coaches are telling Foster their school is the best place for him becoming a pro. I don't remember any talk like that with the point guard that ended up committing to ohio state.

It sounds like the coaches are telling Foster their school is the best place for him becoming a pro. I don't remember any talk like that with the point guard that ended up committing to ohio state.
I know that XF believes he can be a one and done.

Latest posts