Xavier Foster

HE gone just like DJ
Yep. Dosn't matter how many of these high end recruits Fran is "in on", when he can't get to the NCAA tournament or make any noise in the BIG conference. Won't sign any of them. If I were Fran/Gutless gary, I'd find a bag man or 2 and start cheating like everyone else. Then lawyer up and refuse to cooperate with the NCAA...just like everyone else. Threaten to take them to court....just like everyone else. If the NCAA won't level the playing field, I'd do it myself.

Yep. Dosn't matter how many of these high end recruits Fran is "in on", when he can't get to the NCAA tournament or make any noise in the BIG conference. Won't sign any of them. If I were Fran/Gutless gary, I'd find a bag man or 2 and start cheating like everyone else. Then lawyer up and refuse to cooperate with the NCAA...just like everyone else. Threaten to take them to court....just like everyone else. If the NCAA won't level the playing field, I'd do it myself.
Don't it feel like if your not cheating you ain't trying in this world? Iowa seems to be the case study of if you want to not cheat that's what you'll be. Just an OK program that occasionally can get a home grown kid like Wieskamp to stay or damaged goods like Jok. But if you want the big time difference makers guys like the Cartons and Fosters you'll have to 'play ball'.

Don't it feel like if your not cheating you ain't trying in this world? Iowa seems to be the case study of if you want to not cheat that's what you'll be. Just an OK program that occasionally can get a home grown kid like Wieskamp to stay or damaged goods like Jok. But if you want the big time difference makers guys like the Cartons and Fosters you'll have to 'play ball'.

Why is Wieskamp not a difference maker but Carton and Foster are?

This is all kind of funny to me. Everyone pretty much assumed the blue blood offers were coming. That doesn’t mean Iowa is out of it yet. Didn’t Tyler Cook have a Kansas offer? Didn’t XF grow up in Iowa as an Iowa fan?

I’m not saying we are going to get XF, I’d put chances at 25%, but I just find it funny that when the inevitable blue blood offers come we instantly announce he’s gone.

Why is Wieskamp not a difference maker but Carton and Foster are?
Well Wieskamp didn't have any blue bloods banging down his door and those other two have 5 stars next to their recruiting profile compared to 4 for Wieskamp right? Granted time will tell but Wieskamp feels like a Matt Gatens or Adam Haluska type of player. Pretty darn good nothing to complain about. Those other two mentioned feel like big time difference makers. It's the difference between a program barely making the dance if making it at all and making a run in it...

Well Wieskamp didn't have any blue bloods banging down his door and those other two have 5 stars next to their recruiting profile compared to 4 for Wieskamp right? Granted time will tell but Wieskamp feels like a Matt Gatens or Adam Haluska type of player. Pretty darn good nothing to complain about. Those other two mentioned feel like big time difference makers. It's the difference between a program barely making the dance if making it at all and making a run in it...
Weiskamp committed early. You can bet he would have had interest from those schools had he stayed uncommitted.

Weiskamp committed early. You can bet he would have had interest from those schools had he stayed uncommitted.
I don't think that slows down the blue bloods. If your that caliber of a player they still come at you till you sign. They are constantly trying to poach kids from one another. Poaching one from Iowa would be no different. It sounds as if Weiskamp wasn't entertaining any overtures either so there is that. If your a coaches kid like Frans are that's one thing but Weiskamp I can't say totally falls into that category. Again players like Gatens are really good to have in your program but blue bloods aren't tripping over each other for them

I don't think that slows down the blue bloods. If your that caliber of a player they still come at you till you sign. They are constantly trying to poach kids from one another. Poaching one from Iowa would be no different. It sounds as if Weiskamp wasn't entertaining any overtures either so there is that. If your a coaches kid like Frans are that's one thing but Weiskamp I can't say totally falls into that category. Again players like Gatens are really good to have in your program but blue bloods aren't tripping over each other for them
Exactly. So if Self was trying to poach Weiskamp, but Joe had no part of it and didn’t release it publicly, then Hawk fans in Tn would have no idea that it ever happened. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Either way let’s wait until these guys play a college game before we decide who’s a difference maker.

From the sounds of it he did have a lot of schools interested and he showed no interest back. I think if Foster somehow develops a 5 star attitude, he will be the best of the 3. But that's a big if. Carton will more than likely be the worst of the 3.

It would of been nice to have a really athletic point guard in carton, but I think he only shot around 32% from three point range last year. I doubt he is a one and done type player. There are a lot of athletic point guards that never make the NBA. It would of been nice to have gotten carton, but it will be fun to watch Weiskamp and hopefully Foster in the future. I'm not really an Ohio State fan, so I'm pretty sure I won't be a carton fan either.

It would of been nice to have a really athletic point guard in carton, but I think he only shot around 32% from three point range last year. I doubt he is a one and done type player. There are a lot of athletic point guards that never make the NBA. It would of been nice to have gotten carton, but it will be fun to watch Weiskamp and hopefully Foster in the future. I'm not really an Ohio State fan, so I'm pretty sure I won't be a carton fan either.
I swear Carton's shot is getting lower. The last video I saw it looked like he was shooting from his chest like PMac does. I think DJ might be in for a surprise when he gets to college. Teams aren't going to let him drive to the rim like they do in AAU ball. Something similar already takes place in high school; that's why his stats aren't nearly as good as they are in AAU.

Don't get me wrong, he's a hell of a lot better recruit than Pat McCaffery, but he's no 5 star. Just my opinion of course. :)

OK thanks.

How many NBA lottery picks have been non-Euro white guys in the last several years?

Frank the Tank I think. Maybe Jimmer, can't remember. Just curious.
Not sure but I don’t care much. I’d prefer Iowa to win and have success. Those three that won the award probably won it because their draft potential wasn’t that great, making them stay all four years, which was in turn was great for the college program they played for.

Latest posts