Woodbury to announce tomorrow

Exactly, it's Iowa fault that they haven't been a major player in hoops in years. But the feeling is Fran will turn it around, what better than to join the revolution? This is a very good class that could be great tomorrow night.

Given that he had a visit from Roy and that he has not scheduled a visit after, it would appear good for us. That being said, he is announcing on a Wednesday giving a few days before he has his visit to Iowa. That would seem good unless he was going to announce he was going elsewhere, thus announcing before he comes Iowa for the visit.

With that being said and knowing the little that we do know, I have no idea. I would love to draw the same "logical" conclusions, but we don't know.

Call me a "glass half-empty" guy, but we've been burned too much to count him somewhat in the bag.

I have no idea what this all means. That being said, what I do love is Storm giving some positive vibes for us.

Adam is a Hawkeye. He and his family have too much respect for Iowa to announce a Saturday visit before accepting Roy's offer. He will go down in history as the recruit that brought the Hawkeyes back to respectability, under the able guidance of Fran and crew. We will be a legitimate top 25 recruiting class and we are not finished yet. Now we are starting to get the attention.

Roy's desperate move is beyond pathetic and despicable.

That is beyond dumb. God forbid a coach visit one of his top uncommitted targets.

I really don't understand all of the hate for Roy. It's one thing if you just don't like him or the way he coaches. But, to not like him because of the way he recruits is ridiculous. It's the former coaches from Iowa and ISU that are to blame for NOT landing these in-state recruits and not building up the wall around the state.

I really hope Fran lands Adam and makes Marcus at least do a double-take.

1. raef
2. nick
3. kirk
4.harrison
5. marcus

enough said, stay home Adam and tell Ol Roy Boy to pillage some other midwest state.

I really hope Jon is right, but I am leaning towards Woody grabbing the UNC offer before it goes away. I guess we'll see.

I can assure you that Woody is a Hawk and Paige is a Tarheel unless something changed in the last hour.

That is beyond dumb. God forbid a coach visit one of his top uncommitted targets.
Just out of idle curiousity, j, why do you have a problem seeing Roy as the pitiful clown he is presenting himself to be.....

Open your eyes and observe the timing of his last pathetic pleas to Adam. It is more than obvious to anyone with half a brain.....

Sorry, didn't mean to accuse you of having half a brain.....

:)

Just out of idle curiousity, j, why do you have a problem seeing Roy as the pitiful clown he is presenting himself to be.....

Open your eyes and observe the timing of his last pathetic pleas to Adam. It is more than obvious to anyone with half a brain.....

I don't like Roy Williams. But Fran made a similar visit to Woodbury's home last week. I suppose he's desperate, too?

Woodbury is one of the top prospects in this year's class. He's signing in the early signing period. Coaches who are still in on him (Fran and Roy) are going to be giving him a lot of attention.

There's nothing pathetic or despicable about Roy making an in-home visit to an uncommitted recruit. That's part of the job. The timing is all part of that as well. If he think perhaps he's losing ground on a guy that he wants, would you expect him (or any other coach in that position) to just sit back and let it happen without making a push of his own?

I can't stand Roy but there's nothing out of the ordinary with his in-home visit. It's called recruiting.

And even if Roy really doesn't "prize" Adam as one of his top targets, it's still not despicable of him to make a run at him for the sake of keeping a recruiting line open. There are much worse things that go on in college recruiting than what Roy pulls. Roy is just really good at closing on his top targets, that's recruiting.

Iowa is getting Woodbury. This is going to create excitement around the basketball program that we have not seen since Iowa won the BTT. It is going to feel good to FINALLY see Iowa win a recruiting battle over one of the boys, especially Roy.

Per Doug Gottlieb and Jeff Goodman (CBS Sports writer) they are both saying that its Iowa over UNC.

Words can not express my feelings right now. I am an Iowa basketball fan #1 and football a distant #2. Its been a decade of misery that could instantly be turned around.

Good thing i have to work all nite, cuz to giddy to sleep! I'm pathetic, I know, but it's been a long time since Hawkeye BB was relevant. If AW commits tomorrow, that's exactly what they'll be.

Channel 13 just reported that Woodbury told Roy he would NOT be taking a visit to UNC. (Sorry if this has been reported already.)

As long as we are shooting for the moon ya think Barnes will transfer to Iowa and just give us a title contender over nite haha

Its nice to see Iowa and ISU both loaded with 4 and 5 star players.

Its about time this rivalry gets going again!

Congrats on landing your bigman prospect.

Um, because he is doing his job that he is getting paid a lot of money to do? That and he seems to recruit good kids and they play an exciting brand of basketball. Finally, they are usually the best bet to take down Duke each year in the ACC.

Per Doug Gottlieb and Jeff Goodman (CBS Sports writer) they are both saying that its Iowa over UNC.

Words can not express my feelings right now. I am an Iowa basketball fan #1 and football a distant #2. Its been a decade of misery that could instantly be turned around.

I must have missed that...

Goodman said:
Big man Adam Woodbury choosing tomorrow. From what I have been told, it'll be Iowa or UNC.

And Gottlieb just RT Evan Daniel from Scout and Goodman.

Unless I missed something, neither are saying that it's Iowa over UNC.

Latest posts