Woodbury to announce tomorrow

How would Gesell like that? I mean Gesell wants to run point. That isn't happening with Paige at Iowa.

No one knows better than Gesell that he can play alongside Paige (hypothetically)...those two were together this summer on the AAU circuit..along with Woodubry

No one knows better than Gesell that he can play alongside Paige (hypothetically)...those two were together this summer on the AAU circuit..along with Woodubry

Wow....screw getting mad again, that would take us to "insanely furious" at ludicrous speed! LUDICROUS SPEED SIR?!

I know, and that is why Gesell didn't play point on that team.

I don't know much about this stuff. All I know is Gesell has says Fran wants him to run point.

So, my question is would Gesell actually be okay not running point? I really don't know.

But I find this really interesting. It isn't really like Jon to float something like this...

CAAR, I'm with you brother. This is playing out a little strange. Hawknation keep this in prespective. If he comes here excellent if not we move on. This is already a good class.

I think Woodbury picks Iowa, and I think Roy will have to sweat it out until signing day re: Marcus Paige

If you just have a hunch and no inside information this is not something I would just throw out there. There is zero indication Paige is wavering on his commitment.

CAAR, I'm with you brother. This is playing out a little strange. Hawknation keep this in prespective. If he comes here excellent if not we move on. This is already a good class.

+1. This is strange to happen prior to his visit. Any word what time he will announce?

That's a big teaser Jon. Not sure if you know something or are just speculating, but IF you do know something, I would guess its just that we have not quit recruiting Paige.

With the exception of Bowl destinations, when Jon sends these kinds of smoke signals, there usually is a fire.

Who knows? Maybe Roy said something to indicate that a deadline was near and Adam wanted to beat that deadline with his announcement to Iowa.

Or maybe he wanted to come to campus a committed rock star.

I've said it all along. The kid himself said he is a very loyal person. Fran's been in it long before Roy Boy came into the picture. If he were to pick NC before at least taking his official visit that would make him a total liar and a dick. From the interviews he has had he does not come off as that type of person, but just a good ole Iowa kid. It's possible after Roy's visit he realized what a dick Roy is and he wants to lock it down for Fran because Fran deserves his loyalty it return. I hope the naysayers will finally get on the bus with the rest of us after tomorrow. :) Maybe our two four star recruits can gang up and take a PAIGE out Roy's book.........god I would love that.

Last edited:
Guy's, get off Jon's back. I'm sure he is only speculating. He never came across as knowing anything. I don't think it's hard to see where he is coming from. With 2 of his teammates joining Iowa (hopefully) i'm sure they would work on getting Paige to consider joining them as well.

Let's see what happens first before we get our panties in a bunch

Good luck to Paige, the kid is a great player and I hope he has a great career at NC. That said, AW...put on the Black and Gold baby...GO HAWKS! Time to close the border!

If history has shown us anything it's that O'l Roy is a pretty consistent closer when it comes to getting recruits.

It sucks, but don't be surprised to see Adam Woodbury wearing blue next year.

Dochterman got a quote from Paige -

I have a pretty good idea of what (Adam Woodbury is) doing but my word to him is my word so I can’t give it out

Good article with a little more juice by Dochterman on the Gazette's website......brings in a little more doubt.....grrrr is it tomorrow night yet?!

Latest posts