Woodbury to announce tomorrow

Roy is a slease, Gessel commits 1 hour later Roy offers a scholarship, Woodbury announces his scherduled visit to Iowa, Ol Roy schedule his home visit the same week, yeah Roy is a real sleaze 22hrs 43 min to WOODY DAY

Roy is a slease, Gessel commits 1 hour later Roy offers a scholarship, Woodbury announces his scherduled visit to Iowa, Ol Roy schedule his home visit the same week, yeah Roy is a real sleaze 22hrs 43 min to WOODY DAY

People like you are funny Roy is not a sleaze in anyway shape or form for recruiting Woody.....stop hating just because he knows how to win and recruit.

He wouldn't say otherwise until/unless Woodbury makes it official that he's coming to Iowa. You probably don't want to be seen as wavering if you're a UNC recruit.

Again, it's a longshot, so it's just as likely that he truly is 100% on UNC. And we still have a long way to go before Woodbury is in the Black and Gold.

This. Paige couldn't say anything else right now and in his mind he may be 100 percent committed to UNC. But, assuming Woodbury commits to Iowa, it is certainly possible -- not probable, but possible -- that Paige begins to have second thoughts about not playing with his AAU teammates for this energetic new coach who seems to have Iowa hoops on the right path and is putting together a pretty good class, and that he could be part of that party. Until the LOIs are signed and in, minds can be changed.

It would also help if Roy Williams had a heart attack.

While the thought of Paige Reconsidering is definitely dreamy, we have to keep in mind that having Gessell and Woody both locked up should drastically increase our chances to land one more top tier recruit no matter who he is. Sure I'd take Paige in a heartbeat, but I'd also take any other stud recruit like him we can get... and telling future recruits we already have 2 top 100 guys should help us get that stud!

Congrats on Woodburry. Even though I'm a Clone, it's nice to see Iowa kids staying instate and not following that jack*ss Roy

Thanks a lot for posting this. Now my stomach will be in knots for the rest of the day.:(

I'm staying positive cause I believe in Fran. He's a Hawk.

Paige is going to say he is 100% committed to UNC until he

a) isn't
b) signs with them

;)

images

Wouldn't it be sweet to not only get Woodbury, but to steal one back from Roy Boy and get Paige, too? Hoo-boy, that would be a high porch picnic!

Granted, the first (very big) shoe has to fall first. Come-on Adam, you'll look great as a Hawkeye!

yea i call him a sleaze he had all summer to offer, no need to offer right after the Gesell commit, then Woody schedule his visit then sleaze bag just had to immediately schedule his in home visit, he has the fall to schedule his visit

I am not too worried about Iowa landing Woodbury.

And I am not surprised in the least bit that Paige told Doc that he's all good.

That being said, I heard something last week re: Paige that I found interesting, but not enough to quote anyone...I sort of filed it away...then today all signs point to Woodbury choosing Iowa. This sort of lines up with what I heard last week...I think there are those close to Marcus who would like to see him go to Iowa. I think that Gesell and Woodbury will certainly put a bug in his ear. I think it's a long way to signing day, figuratively ;)

All of this, and someone else I know very well in the same line of work I am in, has heard the same things, from different people from where I heard it.

I am NOT saying Paige is going to Iowa; chances are he still winds up at UNC...its hard to back out.

However, I would also no be blindsided and dumbstruck if he has a change of heart between now and mid November and I believe some will be chipping away at the wall Roy has built there...mostly because I think the door has been left open, if only a sliver.

In the battle between the rock and water, water always wins..not because it's stronger, but through sheer persistence ;)

Wow, we are all Grasshopper to you being the Master. Not going to believe Woodbury is here until it happens. We've been jilted too much to believe it. And maybe Paige is putting the bug in Woody's ear about UNC instead of the other way around?

This. Paige couldn't say anything else right now and in his mind he may be 100 percent committed to UNC. But, assuming Woodbury commits to Iowa, it is certainly possible -- not probable, but possible -- that Paige begins to have second thoughts about not playing with his AAU teammates for this energetic new coach who seems to have Iowa hoops on the right path and is putting together a pretty good class, and that he could be part of that party. Until the LOIs are signed and in, minds can be changed.

It also helps that Paige would be close to home, I know the family would love that.

yea i call him a sleaze he had all summer to offer, no need to offer right after the Gesell commit, then Woody schedule his visit then sleaze bag just had to immediately schedule his in home visit, he has the fall to schedule his visit

That's not sleazy, it's recruiting. Sleazy is being a snake oil salesman, bait and switch type stuff. What Roy has done over the past couple months re:Woodbury is called recruiting.

Latest posts