Well some Hawk fans may get their wish

Serious question, you make the argument that Penn State is Kirk's dream job. Is there any basis to that or is it just because he's from there?

your first mistake was to ask the opinion of a clown about a hawkeye question....

to answer....I don't think KF has EVER said PSU is his dream job...just speculation because of connections to the area.

He is going to turn down a "dream job" based on his kid having one more season of football left to play? No way. I doubt Ferentz goes, but I would not be shocked, I would say about a 30% chance. Mike Stoops to Iowa? Not as a defensive coach but as head coach?
It is no longer a dream job. Who would want to follow something like this. Plus, and I hate bring this up again, we had our own sexual abuse scandal a few years back where coach ended up testifying. I don't think the PSU selection commity would be stupid enough to offer coach a job. Not after this.

Just threw a number out there. The chances are greater than 0 and less that 50%. I hope he stays and keeps his whole staff in tact to be honest. No change need in Iowa City.

Chances are great then 0 and less than 5

It is no longer a dream job. Who would want to follow something like this. Plus, and I hate bring this up again, we had our own sexual abuse scandal a few years back where coach ended up testifying. I don't think the PSU selection commity would be stupid enough to offer coach a job. Not after this.
KF retires a Hawkeye, IMO.

ESPN's Joe Schad is reporting that Kirk Ferentz would be on the immediate short list for the Penn State job. Along with: Urban Meyer, Al Golden @ Miami (Fla.) would be the main candidates to start out with.

while this may be true, my money is on Schad pulling this right out of his *** ... KF's name has always come up re: PSU since he is from WPA ... any hack reporter could throw it out there again

But there is always a chance since Pennsylvania is home for him.

Incorrect.

Scout.com: Pre-PSU: Ferentz OTS

Q: Do you consider yourself a Pennsylvanian?

Ferentz: Nah, not right now. I grew up there, I wasn’t born there. I am a Michigander by nature I guess. My parents have passed, so the connection isn’t near what it was. I used to go back there frequently and now it’s occasional, only because my wife’s parents are there and my brother is there, but I am an Iowan now. Sorry about that, you are stuck with me.

Incorrect.

Ferentz: Nah, not right now. I grew up there, I wasn’t born there. I am a Michigander by nature I guess. My parents have passed, so the connection isn’t near what it was. I used to go back there frequently and now it’s occasional, only because my wife’s parents are there and my brother is there, but I am an Iowan now. Sorry about that, you are stuck with me.
Sounds good to me. Please note I dont want Ferentz or O'Keefe or Parker to go anywhere.

bush_fingers_crossed_112.gif

george_bush_holding_breath.jpg

Incorrect.

That is the difference between alford and Ferentz. alford would speak his mind and Ferentz will mind his speak.

Do you know how many lawsuits are going to be filed over this costing the university millions not to mention its tarnished reputation forever. ISUer how can you come on to this board day after day and continue to embarrass yourself? Don't get me wrong it is entertaining. Ferentz has his dream job. Get paid 3.8 mil a year to go 8-4 or 7-5 with an occasional 9-3, 10-2 sprinkled in.

I don't see Ferentz walking into that because of his personality though that's just a hunch. I couldn't see him wanting to play Iowa consistently either, again because of his personality. Meyer quit Florida because of stress related heart issues I believe, I don't see how that would change. Golden I could see because he is trying to fix a scandal filled school though that was uncovered while he was there and possibly had no prior knowledge of it when taking over (I don't know the full story so I could be wrong.

My guess is a lesser known coach takes over.

I'm not sure we see any big name coach walk into that mess. Why would a guy like Meyer leave his gig at ESPN for PSU now?

He is going to turn down a "dream job" based on his kid having one more season of football left to play?

The fact you claim to believe this verifies you and your posts aren't worth serious consideration.

Latest posts