Well some Hawk fans may get their wish

Ferentz is not going to be a head coach for another FBS college school the rest of his life, other than Iowa.

Ferentz is not going to be a head coach for another FBS college school the rest of his life, other than Iowa.

No offense Jon but nobody but Ferentz knows what he will or won't do when presented with an opportunity.

We are not some national powerhouse program with espn or even the B10 network knocking on our door for air time. Yes he makes a boatload of money and yes his job security is as high as it could possibly be but he's set financially for life. Wouldn't you want a crack at a national title given those conditions? I would.

I could see him thinking that better recruits are more likely to follow him to psu rather than vice versa.

Lau tzu parable about two men, some fish and reflecting on what u think know is suitable iin this situation.

No offense Jon but nobody but Ferentz knows what he will or won't do when presented with an opportunity.

We are not some national powerhouse program with espn or even the B10 network knocking on our door for air time. Yes he makes a boatload of money and yes his job security is as high as it could possibly be but he's set financially for life. Wouldn't you want a crack at a national title given those conditions? I would.

I could see him thinking that better recruits are more likely to follow him to psu rather than vice versa.

Lau tzu parable about two men, some fish and reflecting on what u think know is suitable iin this situation.

James Ferentz will be a senior at Iowa next year. Kirk is in his mid to late 50's. He's made enough money for several lifetimes. What you cannot buy with any money is coaching your son's senior season, and spending that time with him.

Not to mention the situation that awaits at Penn State.

Kirk has lived in Iowa far more than he ever lived in PA..same for Mary Ferentz. It's not going to happen at this stage of his life. Those worrying about this are just the kind of folks that worry about anything, IMO

Trolling? How is that? Just stated my arguments and blatantly stated I thought it was only a 30% of it happening. But there is always a chance since Pennsylvania is home for him.

Explain to me how you settled on it being a 30% chance of happening! You are such an idiot!

And why do you think he would? It really makes no sense, but neither does ISU winning one of their last games, so go figure.

And why do you think he would? It really makes no sense, but neither does ISU winning one of their last games, so go figure.
Being the Penn State head coach holds a hell of a lot more clout than being the Iowa head coach. Like I said I hope he never leaves and would put money on it that he wouldnt. I love the predictability of Iowa, why as an ISU fan would I want to see a coaching change?

Right, you wouldn't want KF to leave? Stop being such an idiot. Who does the PSU gig hold more clout to? You, an ISU fan? How do you know what holds more clout to KF? Coaches don't transfer intra conference, and certainly KF isn't going to. Just stop, you're giving ISU fans a bad name, and that's hard to do.

Being the Penn State head coach held a hell of a lot more clout than being the Iowa head coach. Like I said I hope he never leaves and would put money on it that he wouldnt. I love the predictability of Iowa, why as an ISU fan would I want to see a coaching change?

Edited for accuracy.

Not worried about Ferentz leaving. Although it was just reported Mike Stoops was looking to purchase a house in Iowa City and was heard yelling "I got a new head coaching job!" while speeding away on his moped!!

Right, you wouldn't want KF to leave? Stop being such an idiot. Who does the PSU gig hold more clout to? You, an ISU fan? How do you know what holds more clout to KF? Coaches don't transfer intra conference, and certainly KF isn't going to. Just stop, you're giving ISU fans a bad name, and that's hard to do.
Damn you post a new story about Iowa on an Iowa website, you give your opinion on it, and you get a lot of internet tough guys calling you a clown and idiot.

I know I'm late to the party here, but just because KF may be on PSU's short list doesn't mean KF has mutual interest.

I'm pretty sure Bruce Pearl was on our short list when Alford left town too, but that didn't make him our next coach. Thankfully, as it turns out.

It's not a story, it's an opinion, to which you gave your opinion, on a situation that is highly unlikely. It just sounds really stupid that you ran over to Iowa's board to report this "story", but really don't want coach Ferentz to leave because his predictability has lead to ISU winning once in the last 4 years. I'm not an internet tough guy, I'm a parent responding to a child.

Now chance he would touch it with a ten foot pole at this point. Besides he is the highest paid state employee in IOWA. He's not going anywhere. You will continue to see us play for over time untill he decides to retire around 62.

Penn St Football Head Coaching Position Pre-Test

1. If you gain knowledge of sexual activities taking place between a man and what appeared to be a child, even if it was actually a midget, what do you do?

2. How many pairs of slacks should you have available in the locker room on gameday?

3. Repeat after me.... "Commmmmme to PENNNNN STAAAAATE!"

Latest posts