Well some Hawk fans may get their wish

I predicted ISU would finish 7-5 since August. As for Iowa I thought 8-4 in August.

Iowa might finish 8-4, but the chance of ISU finishing 7-5 are 0.01%. ISU will not go to a bowl game for the forseeable future. Average margin of victory in the next 3 games will probably be 30.

And if KF wants to take the PSU job, he can feel free. However, he would have to literally be an idiot to do so.

He is going to turn down a "dream job" based on his kid having one more season of football left to play? No way. I doubt Ferentz goes, but I would not be shocked, I would say about a 30% chance. Mike Stoops to Iowa? Not as a defensive coach but as head coach?

I wouldn't exactly call following Joe Paterno, on the heels of this scandal that may get even worse, a dream job.

Don't think Ferentz would not be offered the PSU job.

I am guessing all the negative press out there regarding rhabdomyolysis would eliminate KF. It would be difficult to spin that one at a school that needs to sell parents on the fact your kids will be fine if you send them here.

And yes there is a big difference between what happened at Iowa vs PSU in terms of the events.

This has to do more with the pr within Penn State

Iowa might finish 8-4, but the chance of ISU finishing 7-5 are 0.01%. ISU will not go to a bowl game for the forseeable future. Average margin of victory in the next 3 games will probably be 30.

And if KF wants to take the PSU job, he can feel free. However, he would have to literally be an idiot to do so.
Interesting, noted.

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Go somewhere with those issues and make about 2 mill less per season. Joe Schad is a dumb ****

I predicted ISU would finish 7-5 since August. As for Iowa I thought 8-4 in August.

So ISU will win 2 out of it's last 3 games? Who do they beat? Oklahoma has played bad a couple of times, but they are still Oklahoma. K-State...maybe, but they are still pretty good. Okie State? Better pray for bad bad weather in Ames for that game to even it out. I'll go on record and say that I will be shocked if they win 2 out of the last 3. Maybe 1, maybe.

If Kirk Ferentz truly wishes to win a national championship before he hangs it up, he'll go to Penn State. He has a far better chance of ending the season in the top 2 and playing in the BCS title game in State College than in Iowa City.

He's not going to Penn St. Besides, Iowa is as equal to or a better program currently than Penn St. That job is over valued.

Please tell me you don't actually believe that.

I don't think KF is going anywhere, mainly because James is going to be a senior, and the publicity surrounding PSU and changing jobs within the conference. That just doesn't happen.

So, let me get this straight. You start a thread telling us Ferentz will leave for the PSU "dream job" because the last coach is a legend and that's impossible to live up to, the huge scandal that's going on now, and so he can take a pay cut to coach somewhere that's at the same level as what he rebuilt up to? Just when you thought you have seen it all.

Please tell me you don't actually believe that.

I don't think KF is going anywhere, mainly because James is going to be a senior, and the publicity surrounding PSU and changing jobs within the conference. That just doesn't happen.

You don't think IOWA is a better job than Penn State right now, today, November 9, 2011?

11270859.jpg

You serious, Clark?

He is going to turn down a "dream job" based on his kid having one more season of football left to play? No way. I doubt Ferentz goes, but I would not be shocked, I would say about a 30% chance. Mike Stoops to Iowa? Not as a defensive coach but as head coach?

It's not his dream job. he has said he's more of an Iowan that Pennsylvanian because he's lived here longer. I would be surprised if he went, but not shocked.

Latest posts