The Mayor picks off another transfer

Thanks for not disputing anything I said. Jok was in double figures again today which makes 5 out of the last 6 games. I just don’t get why you won’t concede the Jok/Thomas debate already.[/QUOT

Dude you have zero clue what you're talking about. Who in the world is Peter Jok competing against in his backcourt for shots/minutes? Gessell, Clemmons, and Oglesby?

Meanwhile Thomas is playing in a backcourt with arguably the best PG in the country in Morris. One of the best shooters in the conference in Long and what was known as the best transfer on the market Dejean Jones.

If you honestly think Jok would be consistently hanging double figures if he played for ISU you are just beyond ignorant. Jok is averaging 7 per Thomas is at 5 per. Also, we are playing against top 25 programs pretty much every single game. A little easier to score when your past few games were against jokes of programs northwestern Nebraska Rutgers minnesota.

Dude, he’s a 3 pt shooter that was shooting in the 20s up until Saturday. The fact that Thomas has those players around him that demand that much attention gets him really good looks from 3. On the other hand, Jok is the only shooting threat besides Uthoff and therefore demands much more attention. Use Naz Long if you want to win this argument, not a bench player thats regressed in every category from a year ago.

What did Ingram and Meyer break up with their girlfriends and needed a change of scenery? I'm sure Fran didnt shove them out the door.

Kids move on for different reasons. Fran has seen 2 kids leave in 5 years, and Fred has had I think 12 or 13 in that time. I'd guess Fran ran off one of them, and Freddie a good 8 or 9 of them.

BJ Armstrong had what...3 NBA titles and lead the league in 3 point shooting for their 3rd title season. How many titles did Hornacek have?

Jamaal Tinsley did not play 12 years. Try again

Hahahahah I am literally laughing out loud here. A couple guys named Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen won those titles not your boy BJ. Hornacek was a near Hall of Fame buddy. As for Tinsley, 2001 through 2013. Pretty long career there.

Thanks for not disputing anything I said. Jok was in double figures again today which makes 5 out of the last 6 games. I just don’t get why you won’t concede the Jok/Thomas debate already.[/QUOT

Dude you have zero clue what you're talking about. Who in the world is Peter Jok competing against in his backcourt for shots/minutes? Gessell, Clemmons, and Oglesby?

Meanwhile Thomas is playing in a backcourt with arguably the best PG in the country in Morris. One of the best shooters in the conference in Long and what was known as the best transfer on the market Dejean Jones.

If you honestly think Jok would be consistently hanging double figures if he played for ISU you are just beyond ignorant. Jok is averaging 7 per Thomas is at 5 per. Also, we are playing against top 25 programs pretty much every single game. A little easier to score when your past few games were against jokes of programs northwestern Nebraska Rutgers minnesota.

Man with all those threats next to him and a great pg, imagine how easy it must be to get good looks. If Jok can shoot 43% from 3 in the B10 with this team, imagine what he would do getting the looks that Thomas gets.

Hahahahah I am literally laughing out loud here. A couple guys named Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen won those titles not your boy BJ. Hornacek was a near Hall of Fame buddy. As for Tinsley, 2001 through 2013. Pretty long career there.

Again, he did not play a 12 year career. Why do you have such a hard time admitting you were wrong?

I don't know how someone could actually believe Thomas is better than Jok. That's like saying Ogs is better than Thomas. Just a stupid argument, but at least Ogs and Thomas are in the same wheelhouse. To this point in time Jok is much better than Thomas.

I'm not saying that the B1G is great this year. They're not, but the Big 12 is overrated and Wisconsin would win by probably just as many games as they will in the B1G. What I wouldn't give to have had Iowa play one of their good game against Texas/ISU instead of one of their crap games.

Bahahaha Iowa got absolutely stomped on a neutral floor vs. a Texas team who has a 6 and 8 record in conference. The publisher of this website pegged them as a legit final four contender. Now that they play big 12 tears and top 25 programs night in and night out they are overrated?? Don't even get me started on the ISU Iowa game. It was a dang circus out there without two of our best players. You guys literally got embarassed on your home floor.

I don't know how someone could actually believe Thomas is better than Jok. That's like saying Ogs is better than Thomas. Just a stupid argument, but at least Ogs and Thomas are in the same wheelhouse. To this point in time Jok is much better than Thomas.

You can look at Thomas' minutes per game and know exactly how even Fred God No-Tie Hoiberg feels about him. 21 minutes per game his freshman year, 15 minutes per game this season. Jok shooting 37% from 3 with not as talented of a team, Thomas shooting 30% from 3 with tons of wide open looks.

But hey, at least Thomas jumped up and down and pounded his chest like HE WAS THE MAN the other night against Texas...lol

Bahahaha Iowa got absolutely stomped on a neutral floor vs. a Texas team who has a 6 and 8 record in conference. The publisher of this website pegged them as a legit final four contender. Now that they play big 12 tears and top 25 programs night in and night out they are overrated?? Don't even get me started on the ISU Iowa game. It was a dang circus out there without two of our best players. You guys literally got embarassed on your home floor.

Remember last year when Iowa State fans were saying how strong the big 12 was and then the Big 12 only had 1 sweet 16 team and ZERO elite 8 teams? That was pretty funny. Even the Atlantic 10 had an elite 8 team.

Texas was a top 10 team that peaked in November, how is that funny? Also, where does this arrogance about the B12’s strength come from? A B12 team hasn’t won a Sweet 16 game in 3 years. Then again, that’s what happens when 40% of your coaches were run out of the B1G.

You can look at Thomas' minutes per game and know exactly how even Fred God No-Tie Hoiberg feels about him. 21 minutes per game his freshman year, 15 minutes per game this season. Jok shooting 37% from 3 with not as talented of a team, Thomas shooting 30% from 3 with tons of wide open looks.

But hey, at least Thomas jumped up and down and pounded his chest like HE WAS THE MAN the other night against Texas...lol

You know what is hilarious? Peter Jok and Adam Woodbury are going to be 2 of your best 3 players next year. Man oh man some rough seasons to come...keep your chin up though boys...

Again, he did not play a 12 year career. Why do you have such a hard time admitting you were wrong?

Yeah, Tinsley didn't play all those years (he was an idiot who was out of basketball for a couple of years due to "personal problems"). Not sure how many of those he played, but i'd probably say 8 or so?

Reggie Evens has had a nice NBA career (I never thought he'd last as long as he has, but he has a unique talent for rebounding). More power to him. Arguing who had a better career between Hornacek and Armstrong is kinda pointless as they both had very successful careers. I think both of our fan bases can agree that neither of us had as much "luck" in landing NBA players recently as we would like, so i don't think either of us should be trying to "out do" the other -> neither is very good at it.

Texas was a top 10 team that peaked in November, how is that funny? Also, where does this arrogance about the B12’s strength come from? A B12 team hasn’t won a Sweet 16 game in 3 years. Then again, that’s what happens when 40% of your coaches were run out of the B1G.

Ha ha ha dude you are cracking me up please stop! Iowa was Texas' 3rd game of the year. They played the powerhouses North Dakota State and Alcorn St. Before blowing out Iowa. Those were monster wins though man they were PEAKING!!

Maybe you should regale us with tales of the Cyclones as they "would have beaten Uconn last year with Niang" or maybe "they're final four contenders" I might read it. I know you have nothing better to do. I generally try to root for other teams from the state, but I don't know if I'd feel too terrible if ISU is a one and done this year. Lord knows there are going to be better teams than Texas Tech in the first round of the tourney.

What is thread about again? Cripes, ISU is good, and has been better than Iowa for a number of years. Hoi berg is a good coach, good recruiter, who has used transfers to build a good team, who cares.

ISU beat Iowa soundly, so did UNI. Both were a long time ago in basketball time. I don't care. I care that Iowa plays well the next month and makes the tourney.

next year we get another try at ISU and UNI. Until then, I hope they do well.

Yeah, Tinsley didn't play all those years (he was an idiot who was out of basketball for a couple of years due to "personal problems"). Not sure how many of those he played, but i'd probably say 8 or so?

Reggie Evens has had a nice NBA career (I never thought he'd last as long as he has, but he has a unique talent for rebounding). More power to him. Arguing who had a better career between Hornacek and Armstrong is kinda pointless as they both had very successful careers. I think both of our fan bases can agree that neither of us had as much "luck" in landing NBA players recently as we would like, so i don't think either of us should be trying to "out do" the other -> neither is very good at it.

Oh I completely agree with everything you just said, its just funny to see this foreveriowan troll talking about ISU's massive number of drafted players over the last 20 years...lol

Hell Ricky Davis's 12 year NBA career puts Tinsley's to complete shame. So while ISU may have had "more players drafted" over the last 20 years it really hasn't amounted to squat compared to Evans and Davis.

Maryland just dunked over Niang again.

Maryland and especially Wisky are solid teams. Not a shock they are first and second in the conference right now. Texas on the other hand has is goibg to finish near the bottom of the bIg 12. the rest of the BIG is just down right not good. Correct me if I am wrong but Iowa is 1-6 in their last 7 games vs. Big 12 teams with four of those losses coming In absolute blowout fashion. Damn that's embarassing.

Oh I completely agree with everything you just said, its just funny to see this foreveriowan troll talking about ISU's massive number of drafted players over the last 20 years...lol

Hell Ricky Davis's 12 year NBA career puts Tinsley's to complete shame. So while ISU may have had "more players drafted" over the last 20 years it really hasn't amounted to squat compared to Evans and Davis.

Ha Reggie Evans and good old Ricky Davis are pretty much perfect ambassadors for the U of Iowa bball program. I'm okay sitting with Hoibergs and Hornaceks jerseys up in the rafters.

Latest posts