The Greg Davis chatter

He won't leave. After that strong performance against Nebby he has the program on the right track. He'll get a new QB to work with next year. JVB was just hopeless.

Now you are going to name call, real mature, hiding behind your computer on a message board. Why don't you let me know what your real name is, where you live and when you will be home, then I will come over, show you what type of moron you are and teach you something about being a man, you little *****

I hope he responds and you do over there and post a picture of yourself crapping in his front yard. I can't stand the Internet tough guy image. I doubt he is man enough to take you up on our offer. Actually I live in Johnston, if you do get a response please pick me up so I can watch this beat down. :)

Read the thread, moron. It was a PA pass to the FB in the flat, a play run literally dozens of time under O'Keefe, and was being used as a prototypical example of how the GD offense is different than the previous 13 seasons of KF ball. You idiots really need to start paying attention and learn and least a tiny bit about football before you continue to make fools of yourselves.

GD passing offense has little to no resemblance to KOK's passing offense. Stating otherwise is simply trolling, as anyone with even half a brain realizes this.

Now you are going to name call, real mature, hiding behind your computer on a message board. Why don't you let me know what your real name is, where you live and when you will be home, then I will come over, show you what type of moron you are and teach you something about being a man, you little *****

internet-tough-guy.jpg

Break out the popcorn, Martha, it's gettin' good...

Agree 100 percent. Brian Ferentz as OC based on what? Tight end coaching and offensive line coaching? I think someday Brian is going to make a good head coach somewhere. But the idea of him being our OC is ridiculous.

Could he be any worse than the worst offense (or close) of any BCS team? And the only FBS team that played just 1 QB?

Read the thread, moron. It was a PA pass to the FB in the flat, a play run literally dozens of time under O'Keefe, and was being used as a prototypical example of how the GD offense is different than the previous 13 seasons of KF ball. You idiots really need to start paying attention and learn and least a tiny bit about football before you continue to make fools of yourselves.

Good gawd people are dumb and I would like to thank both of you for proving that point today.

THESE MEZZAGE BOREDS ARE SIRIUS BIZNESS!!!!

I just dont think a change in the OC gains us much? Really, not much changed in the new 'system' from the old one... Pretty sure that the HC is the bigger limiting factor than the OC.

And this continued nonsense about Brian Ferentz is a puzzler... nice kid I'm sure but promoting him to OC would be highly questionable. We don't even know yet if he is qualified to coach the Oline?

I know KOK wasn't great, but look what our offense did before Davis, and look what it's done this season. There is absolutely no way whoever is hired will be worse than Davis. We went from around 50th in total offense to over 100th with Davis. I agree that KF will always have some control over the offense, but the offense this season looked a lot different with Davis, and all in a bad way.

GD passing offense has little to no resemblance to KOK's passing offense. Stating otherwise is simply trolling, as anyone with even half a brain realizes this.

Agreed. If someone thinks this season's offense is similar to last season's offense they are either very dense, don't know anything about football, or are trolling.

I'm not going to read all 7 pages of this (read Coker thread) . . . but anyone wanting Brian F as OC is nuts.

My 2 cents . . . promote Soup. He's the coach I feel has the most upside.

I know KOK wasn't great, but look what our offense did before Davis, and look what it's done this season. There is absolutely no way whoever is hired will be worse than Davis. We went from around 50th in total offense to over 100th with Davis. I agree that KF will always have some control over the offense, but the offense this season looked a lot different with Davis, and all in a bad way.

You act like Davis inherited four All-Americans...between injuries and a major lack of talent there really was no way for Davis to implement a viable offense.

You act like Davis inherited four All-Americans...between injuries and a major lack of talent there really was no way for Davis to implement a viable offense.

I completely disagree. Tired of hearing how bad our skill position players are. A senior QB and WR that were both the leading statistical returning players in the B1G. A stable of solid running backs. A VERY solid o-line. An nfl tight end. And a slot receiver with two kickoff returns for td’s. There was literally no one on the offense whose abilities were utilized properly besides CJ Fed (in the last 2 games).

I'm not going to read all 7 pages of this (read Coker thread) . . . but anyone wanting Brian F as OC is nuts.

How is Campbell a better option? He's in his late 40's and a career position coach. If everyone is going to crap on Davis being the guy no one wanted, what does that make Campbell?

Brain already has a better coaching pedigree than Campbell.

Why, because he's the coach's son? What possible upside does Campbell have? I'd say he's in charge of the worst positional unit on the entire team. I know he didn't recruit them all, but jeez. I can't recall a more ineffective group.

I think Brian Ferentz to OC would be a good move. I think it would help with recruiting, and I think he'd provide what many of us would like to see at Iowa: a more creative approach to a pro-style offense. I think this could eventually help with recruiting the WR position, which has been pretty bad throughout the Ferentz era (DJK & McNutt aside).

I don't think GD is a bad coach or OC for that matter. His schemes simply won't work at Iowa and the philosophies that KF wants to play by. You can't have a power running game and a quick hitting passing game. It just doesn't fit. For example who else in the country goes 5 wide with 2 WR, 2 TE, and a converted FB? It is very difficult to have the personnel to do both.

It became painfully obvious this year, that a KOK offense would have been much more productive this year, than the Davis offense was. Maybe mostly because of the personnel that Iowa has, but either way it was very obvious.

Why, because he's the coach's son? What possible upside does Campbell have? I'd say he's in charge of the worst positional unit on the entire team. I know he didn't recruit them all, but jeez. I can't recall a more ineffective group.

I think Brian Ferentz to OC would be a good move. I think it would help with recruiting, and I think he'd provide what many of us would like to see at Iowa: a more creative approach to a pro-style offense. I think this could eventually help with recruiting the WR position, which has been pretty bad throughout the Ferentz era (DJK & McNutt aside).

DJK and McNutt were good receivers...for Iowa. I believe in the Campbell years, we've had one receiver drafted, and zero receivers take an NFL snap.

KOK definitely would have had a better passing game than GD. I am no where near saying KOK should have stayed, but we need to find a vertical passing game whether it's with GD or someone new.

Latest posts