The Greg Davis chatter

Greg Davis exists on an experiential plane where first down markers are a nonentity.

The rest of us see them. They are bright orange.

Greg Davis exists on an experiential plane where first down markers are a nonentity.

I have a feeling when Greg Davis walks across his living room, he zig zags back and forth. Point A to point B takes awhile.

My God.1. The 4th and 3 was to the tight end, not the fullback. 2. Vandy said in the postgame that the 1-yard flat route was the PRIMARY read on that play. The fullback flat route was the primary read (maybe) near the goal line, and certainly not on 4th and 3.
Derby was lined up at FB in the I-formation on the play in question. Thus, it was indeed a pass to the FB. Do you even understand the basic components of footballl? Did you even watch that particular game? Talk about being clueless.

You are right thou... no athletes.... attrition hurts
Particularly when the staff is too lazy to deal with attrition beyond just accepting losing.

When you have attrition, you deal with it by being the champion of JUCO and transfer recruiting. Guess what? There are FCS guys that could have fixed some if these problems, there are damn sure JC guys.

But the problem is guys don't want to come to Iowa and play in a boring offense that only gets different players on the field when the first guys get beat into the ground.

Derby was lined up at FB in the I-formation on the play in question. Thus, it was indeed a pass to the FB. Do you even understand the basic components of footballl? Did you even watch that particular game? Talk about being clueless.

He was simply saying the pass was to a TE and that was correct, you need to put down the hateraide and relax

It matters very little if Davis leaves and a new OC is hired. The new OC would have to run his offense within the boundries as outlined by KF. As we've seen over the years, it is not the most exciting type of offense college teams run.;) I am trying to be nice about it. In reality the Iowa offense is one of the most boorish things to watch in college sports of any kind.

Without Norm Parker on the sidelines running the defense, this program is not very good. It is clear to many of us Norm was the man behind much of this programs success during the KF era.

Unless KF does a 180 this winter on his philosophies, the football program at Iowa has already seen its best days under KF.

Exactly! I am tired as hell, hearing about Greg Davis. This stuff isn't rocket science. Ferentz can opt to install any offense he wants, regardless of who his offensive coordinator is. People need to wake up..It is Ferentz who has to change. You are absolutely right..

It has a feel to it to me. More than just 'yeah, that's just BS rumor' feel. Not sure if there is anything to it. Had heard an interesting scenario last week but just figured it was false smoke.

Kirk even talking about the rumor in his Presser was odd, or his answer to it and a few other things seemed out if the norm. I liked some of those answers actually. They were raw.

Morehouse tweeted that Davis said he'd talk next week. Kirk also said he'd have a Presser next week too. I think he did that in 2007 as well given there wouldn't be any bowl pressers. Could be an interesting week.

Does it really matter? If Davis is gone does anyone actually think Ferentz will hire an OC that opens up the offense and lets the kids have some fun? If Davis leaves Ferentz will search for another consevative OC and we will suffer 4 win seasons until Iowa can afford to fire him.

Davis should just resign. Installing this offense was just as bad an idea as Lickliter's style of basketball. It's just a program killer in my opinion.

I don't even know why Ferentz though Davis was worth a hire in the first place.

Well, the guy DID have some success at Texas, multiple years, multiple QBs and other personnel.

He isn't a fit here, though.

Not on MY television, they're long dull yellow lines that stretch the length or width of the screen. Sometimes one of the commentators even draws a circle or X by it as a favor to coaches like GD.

Does it really matter? If Davis is gone does anyone actually think Ferentz will hire an OC that opens up the offense and lets the kids have some fun? If Davis leaves Ferentz will search for another consevative OC and we will suffer 4 win seasons until Iowa can afford to fire him.

Um, a coach--a good one at least--doesn't install an offense or defense designed around the players' level of "fun".

That said, he also SHOULD override a coordinator who isn't getting it done.

It has a feel to it to me. More than just 'yeah, that's just BS rumor' feel. Not sure if there is anything to it. Had heard an interesting scenario last week but just figured it was false smoke...

Jon, realize you are in Mizzurah with family as they spend the final days with a dying gma and probably not checking in as much as you might normally do. Can you elaborate on the scenario you heard?

Jon, realize you are in Mizzurah with family as they spend the final days with a dying gma and probably not checking in as much as you might normally do. Can you elaborate on the scenario you heard?

Uh, seriously? Can we let Jon have his private time with family. He will get back to the site when he can.

Well, the guy DID have some success at Texas, multiple years, multiple QBs and other personnel.

If GD isn't a fit here, it's only because of the talent differential IMO. Players like Vince Young will make any offensive coordinator look like a genius.

Um, a coach--a good one at least--doesn't install an offense or defense designed around the players' level of "fun".

That said, he also SHOULD override a coordinator who isn't getting it done.

You know, this is a little BS. I work at a school with a coach who runs a fun offense that gets a bunch of different people involved. It is also one of the most productive offenses in college football.

Because the players are having fun, they play with excitement. Also, the recruiting is going through the roof, bacause kids want to be a part of it.

It is a game and these kids are not supposed to be getting paid. They should also have fun.

You know, this is a little BS. I work at a school with a coach who runs a fun offense that gets a bunch of different people involved. It is also one of the most productive offenses in college football.

Because the players are having fun, they play with excitement. Also, the recruiting is going through the roof, bacause kids want to be a part of it.

It is a game and these kids are not supposed to be getting paid. They should also have fun.

Spot on

side note, in b-ball we got Woody and Gesell to commit because we are going to play a "fun" offense. zero chance we get them if Lick was here another year.

Regardless of where Derby lined up, it was a ridiculously stupid play call in that situation, just like many of Davis' calls. You don't call for a pass short of the sticks when, if you fail to advance the ball past them, you turn it over on downs. It's bad enough to do that on third down, which we saw frequently. But to do it on fourth down is absolutely insane.

It's not hard when you get the type of players that Texas got. Pretty much every QB he had went on to the NFL, and he had world class speed on his teams.

Even with all that people got tired of him there. He's just not very good.

Latest posts