The Greg Davis chatter

If Greg needs someone to help pack his bags and drive him back to Texas, tell Careful Kurt that he can buy me a plane ticket up to IC, free Basketball tickets, and I'll drive him and his stuff back, horizontally that is.

If Greg needs someone to help pack his bags and drive him back to Texas, tell Careful Kurt that he can buy me a plane ticket up to IC, free Basketball tickets, and I'll drive him and his stuff back, horizontally that is.

I think Greg can do that himself. He has proven it over the last year.

Kurt's got plenty of time. Maybe, he could look for a recruit or two while he's in Texas.

this year has QB Shimonek, who just led his team to the 1st round win in the TX 2A state playoff
avg over 50 yards rushing with over 600 yards thru 11 games.
playoff game he was 10-14 1 TD and 1 INT for a team that avg's 284 yards rushing pg, he also had 2 games back to back where he went 10-11 for 180 yards, then went 11-12 for 165 yards, he does not pass a lot but avg's over 190 ypg passing, 29 p TD's 12 rTD'S 5 INT's,
after a jr year of 191 of 293 2932 yards 39 ptd's 3 int's and 8 rushing td's on over 300 yards rushing,
he adso led his tean to the playoffs last year for the 1st time since 1974, and the Playoffs this season
13-1 last year and 11-1 this season to date,
this kid is a 3 sport star, All star SS who TX was recruiting, not to mention threw a no hitter this spring, and was awarded the Sectional MVP for his Basketball by avg 21 ppg and 13 rpg as a JR. not to bad of a 1st recruit for Davis, his ability to play SS will allow him to be very agile and makes his listed 40 time suspect,

Redhawk55, You usually tell us how many stars he is. Could you please fill that in and also give me the stats of the other Texas kids who have committed. Thanks

EDIT. What was his suspect 40 time.

Not ripping on the kid, your just having a off day on listing all the measurables.

So is the rumor true that he is stepping down. Press conference tomorrow? I don't have a source. My friend heard this and text me. I am just trying to find out if this is remotely true.

Let's all admit it now: Iowa's offense has to be more 'octane' because the defense can't 'cut it' any more.

What happened to Wisky's offenses of old? What happened to Robinson at Mechigan? What happened to the B1G's offenses of old? Even Pelini, coach at Nebby, was lamenting bygone offenses of the B1G after the Iowa game.

Unfortunately, Iowa's defense seems content in scheming defenses to stop offenses like Ron Dayne's Badgers of 1999.

Last edited:
All you haters mocking Greg Davis' horizontal passing game will eat crow when the NCAA rotates the field 90 degrees next year.

Greg Davis is ahead of his time and I, for one, am glad he's on our side.

That's another reason I've wanted him. Arizona's defenses weren't lights out, but they were pretty damn solid. And as soon as he left, it went in the tank for Mike. I have a hard time believing that's just a coincidence.

Well, it sucks that Stoops is now at Kentucky, he would be better off at Iowa...not sure why anyone would really be willing to go attempt to coach football at Kentucky. Anyway, good luck in a couple years...

Latest posts