The Greg Davis chatter

Which play are you talking about? The Purdue game? That wasn't even remotely close to a "horizontal" throw. It was the same fullback flat route that every single pro-style O in America runs, including the great Ken O'Keefe. My god, Tom Busch made an entire career of catching TDs on that play. When did you start watching Iowa football, Sep. 1st this year? My God.

My God.

1. The 4th and 3 was to the tight end, not the fullback.

2. Vandy said in the postgame that the 1-yard flat route was the PRIMARY read on that play. The fullback flat route was the primary read (maybe) near the goal line, and certainly not on 4th and 3.

My God.

1. The 4th and 3 was to the tight end, not the fullback.

2. Vandy said in the postgame that the 1-yard flat route was the PRIMARY read on that play. The fullback flat route was the primary read (maybe) near the goal line, and certainly not on 4th and 3.
I wouldn't waste much time talking to Reno, he has anger issues and clearly doesn't understand football very well.

Check the tape guys...no one respected our vertical passing game. Not sure if this was obvious on TV, but Nebby spent a good part of the game with all eleven defenders within 8 yds of the LOS. Twice JVB threw sideline routes that were obviously his first read (to be honest, this year all he threw too, was his first read) where Keenan Davis was was wide open on the back side of the play...I watched this all year. Granted he didn't always have time to go through his progressions...but it also appeared he had no confidence to give the routes time to develope.

This just wasn't the gunslinger we became enamored with the prior season.

Although I can't name my sources by name, I can say one is the father of a current head coach at Iowa (not football), another is a relative of mine who has been at the school for 30+ years, and two friends who are large donors. With this said, the original hiring of Davis was not a very popular one within my circle. Also, I agree with Jon, this somewhat has legs but also think its up to Davis if he wants to go or not. Do I think he'll be here next year? No. But if he is, both of them will be on thin ice. My donor friends are about to put their wallets back in their pockets as im sure others in that group are probably thinking the same thing.

Maybe Davis will be removed as offensive coordinator by way of a KF resignation. Could it be there really is a Santa Claus? Yah, I know......... And I am the Easter bunny.

#KliffKingsbury4HC

I could never see this happen; he has an offensive imagination, something Iowa folks can't fathom. Also, why leave Johnny Football? As an A&M fan, I just don't see this happening so soon with Kingsbury, maybe bring him in and let him install and run it...that I don't see KF ever doing, actually letting the OC coach.

I could never see this happen; he has an offensive imagination, something Iowa folks can't fathom. Also, why leave Johnny Football? As an A&M fan, I just don't see this happening so soon with Kingsbury, maybe bring him in and let him install and run it...that I don't see KF ever doing, actually letting the OC coach.

You misread... HC not OC

You misread... HC not OC

I didn't misread it at all, I don't see it happening unless KF brought him in and let him do what he wanted, which isn't going to happen. If you think Kingsbury is ready to be a head coach, slow your roll. He fell into a team that has a ton of offensive talent and got a couple of unexpected contributions from some freshman (See: Johnny Football). The whole offensive line will be on an NFL roster at some point with Luke Joeckel going to be a Top 10 draft pick if he comes out. Jake Matthews would be considered one of the best LT in college football if Joeckel wasn't there.

Look Iowa doesn't have the talent for him to turn it around quickly, the style of offense is so much different, it would take him at least three years to start to change things.

Look, keep dreaming if you want, but I don't see him leaving for a year or two, maybe that is what you are thinking, but going to Iowa seems to be a stretch to me.

Ferentz brought in Davis and let him do what he wanted. When did you ever see TE's run out patterns consistently under KOK. When did you ever see WR's run out after out, thus making the field smaller.

This wasn't anything close to the Ferentz/KOK offense. This was all Greg Davis and what he ran at Texas.

I didn't misread it at all, I don't see it happening unless KF brought him in and let him do what he wanted, which isn't going to happen. If you think Kingsbury is ready to be a head coach, slow your roll. He fell into a team that has a ton of offensive talent and got a couple of unexpected contributions from some freshman (See: Johnny Football). The whole offensive line will be on an NFL roster at some point with Luke Joeckel going to be a Top 10 draft pick if he comes out. Jake Matthews would be considered one of the best LT in college football if Joeckel wasn't there.

Look Iowa doesn't have the talent for him to turn it around quickly, the style of offense is so much different, it would take him at least three years to start to change things.

Look, keep dreaming if you want, but I don't see him leaving for a year or two, maybe that is what you are thinking, but going to Iowa seems to be a stretch to me.

I don't even know how to respond other than there is no way we get Kliff and I was trolling a troll post and you got hooked. I do apologize because I love you're insight but not being an a+m fan I don't know what all that means other than Kliff is a pipe dream.

Under Davis, Iowa just needs one little tweak. Iowa needs a QB who can look off the receivers who are runing underneath routes and then scramble and run for 1,000 yards each season.

Ferentz has said many times the "old" playbook is not coming back.

That's proof right there that the offense changed....and it looks a lot like Texas's, but without the players.

I don't even know how to respond other than there is no way we get Kliff and I was trolling a troll post and you got hooked. I do apologize because I love you're insight but not being an a+m fan I don't know what all that means other than Kliff is a pipe dream.

I love my Aggies in football, but love my Hawkeyes in basketball much, much more...my whole family are Iowa fans, I have to come over here now and then. Iowa's real problem is they are not getting the athletes at the skill positions they had been, the under recruited players...weather it is them getting in trouble, or not making grades, or Iowa just whiffing it is baffling to see as Iowa was so good a few years ago at finding these guys...call me hooked, son of a...

We can dream can't we? :cool:

I love my Aggies in football, but love my Hawkeyes in basketball much, much more...my whole family are Iowa fans, I have to come over here now and then. Iowa's real problem is they are not getting the athletes at the skill positions they had been, the under recruited players...weather it is them getting in trouble, or not making grades, or Iowa just whiffing it is baffling to see as Iowa was so good a few years ago at finding these guys...call me hooked, son of a...

You are right thou... no athletes.... attrition hurts

Latest posts