The Greg Davis chatter

its interesting People say we need speed to stretch the field, well didn't have it, the last 2 classes appear to have addressed that need,
rather than getting 4.6-4.7 40 guys, we have got 4.4 - 4.5 40 guys in the 2012 class
Mabin 6'2 4.4 40 kid out of Florida, rsd shirting this year
Smith 6'2 4.4 40 kid out of Conn. played
Wilson 6'2 4.5 40 out of Ohio red shirting
Kittle 6'4 4.5 40 out of Oklahoma red shirting
in the 2011 class
Hillyer 6'4 4.5 40 out of Texas played this year as a RSFR
IN THE 2013 Class to date
Harris 5'11 4.4 40 out of Missouri
Mitchell 6'0 4.45 40 out of Missouri
Willies 6'3 4.4 40 out of Illinoios,
none have yet signed

the most intrigue of this class is Mitchell, as a jr he played QB, WR and RB.
60 carries 518 yards 3 TD'S, PASSES 808 yards 10 TD's and 7 INT'S, catches 20 277 yards 2 TD'S.
Defense 39 tackles and 1 int's.. possible Wildcat QB if they try to use him in that role

Lol everytime you do this

I don't even know how to respond other than there is no way we get Kliff and I was trolling a troll post and you got hooked. I do apologize because I love you're insight but not being an a+m fan I don't know what all that means other than Kliff is a pipe dream.

How about this scenario in two years:
HC-Bob Diaco
DC-Kerry Cooks
OC-Does it matter, the team needs a total mindset change.

I just dont think a change in the OC gains us much? Really, not much changed in the new 'system' from the old one... Pretty sure that the HC is the bigger limiting factor than the OC.

And this continued nonsense about Brian Ferentz is a puzzler... nice kid I'm sure but promoting him to OC would be highly questionable. We don't even know yet if he is qualified to coach the Oline?

I wasn't a real KOK fan. We were never dynamic and rarely explosive. Late in his tenure I joined the group ready for a change and thought we had moved from un-dynamic to stale. However, A LOT has changed under the 'new' system. Regardless of the lack of glamour in KOK's offenses, we didn't see complete ineptitude. No, we've had some less than stellar offenses, but this season was the worst of the worst. Perhaps not in the raw numbers (I haven't checked) but certainly from the standpoint that what occurred on the field was so often completely illogical. Bad offense is one thing. Stupid offense is something else entirely.

Last edited:
HC-Bob Diaco
DC-Kerry Cooks

bring the former Hawks home!

also, talking scheme and talent, we need to scheme with the talent we have. we can find the "beasts" of the trenches around these parts. skill position players are hard to come by. probably need to just stick with the ground and pound attack, but need a vertical passing game to compliment it.

this year our formations alone told the D what was coming. we rarely ran a bootleg PA pass off of the outside zone run, so when they saw it coming, the LB could cheat up to stop the run with no threat of a pass. that's just one example.

HC-Bob Diaco
DC-Kerry Cooks

Of any assistant coaches out there, Diaco or Mark Stoops would be at the top of my wish list to eventually take over for Ferentz.

bring the former Hawks home!

also, talking scheme and talent, we need to scheme with the talent we have. we can find the "beasts" of the trenches around these parts. skill position players are hard to come by. probably need to just stick with the ground and pound attack, but need a vertical passing game to compliment it.

this year our formations alone told the D what was coming. we rarely ran a bootleg PA pass off of the outside zone run, so when they saw it coming, the LB could cheat up to stop the run with no threat of a pass. that's just one example.

With Diaco, Iowa could recruit out East again, like in NJ where they used to get a lot of kids. I think Iowa football, just like Iowa basketball is trying to get back to recruiting places where they had a presence. Fran is opening new areas like Georgia, but getting back to old ones like Michigan. Get back to who you are and have historically been.

what about these recruits that no one is talking about
Palpatine 5'8" 5.0 40 out of Iowa, redshirting
Inky 6'2" 4.0 40 out of Jail
Blinky 6'3" 4.0 40 out of Jail
Clyde 5'11" 4.0 40 out of Jail
Obama 6'3" 4.4 40 out of Chicago, lame duck
Flintstone 5'8" 5.5 40 out of Bedrock
Squarepants 3'2" 5.0 40 out of Bikini Bottom

i will now barrage you with some other intersting nmbers and ,, punctuation` fun my room number in Rienow was 1137 my drivers licenz has 2 AAs in it** ^ Fibonacci runs a 40 in 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 *$#

Of any assistant coaches out there, Diaco or Mark Stoops would be at the top of my wish list to eventually take over for Ferentz.

don't know that much about Mark. Diaco was a "bell cow" per Hayden and a natural leader.

i will now barrage you with some other intersting nmbers and ,, punctuation` fun my room number in Rienow was 1137 my drivers licenz has 2 AAs in it** ^ Fibonacci runs a 40 in 0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 *$#

Magnificent.

Is Rienow 11 a "quiet lifestyle" floor? I lived on 2 frosh and soph years.

i played DB in HS and ran a 4.55, does that count for something? though i'm way too short and light to play college ball, i did have good speed/ran track. maybe i could make it as a gunner on special teams, that's what i did in HS...

don't know that much about Mark. Diaco was a "bell cow" per Hayden and a natural leader.

I don't know all that much about Mark on a personal level, other than I think he's at least less insane than Mike. But Mark has long been the Stoops brother I most wanted in Iowa City.

I don't know all that much about Mark on a personal level, other than I think he's at least less insane than Mike. But Mark has long been the Stoops brother I most wanted in Iowa City.

He has had his success away from the other two brothers...everywhere he coaches his units are flat out good.

Only Ferentz would have hired Davis in the first place. Hire someone who will not challenge his authority or innovate, that is the Ferentz way. The offense this year is the same we ran under O'Keefe--ineffective, predictable and conservative. I don't think we have great talent, but we have better than 4-8 talent, but our staff gets the least out of the talent year after year. No QB or WR in the country could have fared better under this "doomed to fail" offensive philosophy. I have lost count now, 3-4 televised games this season alone where the announcers rant about how lame our offense is. Listen to Eddie P. on the radio--he knows a little about football.

He has had his success away from the other two brothers...everywhere he coaches his units are flat out good.

That's another reason I've wanted him. Arizona's defenses weren't lights out, but they were pretty damn solid. And as soon as he left, it went in the tank for Mike. I have a hard time believing that's just a coincidence.

I don't buy it. There was enough talent for a decent offense. Does northwestern have that much more talent than Iowa? No way! What they do have are coaches that arent stuck in 1987! Ferentz needs to wake up to 2012. This offense is not watchable, and frankly has not been for many years! Boring!!!!!!

First off no way we sign any of those kids after the poopstain we laid this year. Also do you think Kurt would ever allow a kurtcat qb?

IF we do run it as a wildcat, and do not call it a Kurtcat, it will be the biggest travesty in the history of the world. I will hold Teh Ghost accountable, and I will write my congressman; requesting the ban-hammy.

Latest posts