The Greg Davis chatter

Regardless of where Derby lined up, it was a ridiculously stupid play call in that situation, just like many of Davis' calls. You don't call for a pass short of the sticks when, if you fail to advance the ball past them, you turn it over on downs. It's bad enough to do that on third down, which we saw frequently. But to do it on fourth down is absolutely insane.

And Ferentz (with his headphones on, knowing full well what the play was) slept through the call..

they got tired of him because of 1 losing season in 2009 TX went 13-1 losing to Alabama, 2010 TX went 5-7 and MB fired GD to save his own job,
I will be curious as to who gets fired this year after going 8-5 in 2011 and now sits 8-4 before the bowl gasme with a new OC.
GD was not the problem at TX, FANS OVERBLOATED SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT IS THE PROBLEM.
if a team does NOT win a certain # of games each year its " FIRE THE COACHES" TIME

they got tired of him because of 1 losing season in 2009 TX went 13-1 losing to Alabama, 2010 TX went 5-7 and MB fired GD to save his own job,
I will be curious as to who gets fired this year after going 8-5 in 2011 and now sits 8-4 before the bowl gasme with a new OC.
GD was not the problem at TX, FANS OVERBLOATED SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT IS THE PROBLEM.
if a team does NOT win a certain # of games each year its " FIRE THE COACHES" TIME

unreadable.

You know, this is a little BS. I work at a school with a coach who runs a fun offense that gets a bunch of different people involved. It is also one of the most productive offenses in college football.

Because the players are having fun, they play with excitement. Also, the recruiting is going through the roof, bacause kids want to be a part of it.

It is a game and these kids are not supposed to be getting paid. They should also have fun.

You work at ISU?

Which play are you talking about? The Purdue game? That wasn't even remotely close to a "horizontal" throw. It was the same fullback flat route that every single pro-style O in America runs, including the great Ken O'Keefe. My god, Tom Busch made an entire career of catching TDs on that play. When did you start watching Iowa football, Sep. 1st this year? My God.

!BrqCfVQCGk~$(KGrHqUH-CcEvFBItW2KBL0nTkOlUQ~~_35.JPG

You know, this is a little BS. I work at a school with a coach who runs a fun offense that gets a bunch of different people involved. It is also one of the most productive offenses in college football.

Because the players are having fun, they play with excitement. Also, the recruiting is going through the roof, bacause kids want to be a part of it.

It is a game and these kids are not supposed to be getting paid. They should also have fun.

Disagree. If your offense is producing, it's a fun offense. Regardless of what type of offense you run.

I personally get pumped when we are pounding the rock down the field. You don't have to be slinging the rock all over the yard to be considered a fun offense.

Production=fun

You have no idea how ridiculous this statement is. There is so much talent in the state of Texas that you can build a program from their 3rd and 4th tier recruits. Texas gets the cream of the crop every year and they do not even have to work for it. The fans expectations are not "overbloated", in fact they have every right to demand more from their football team. It was painfully obvious that Texas knew what they were doing by getting rid of Greg Davis.

Why wasn't Greg Davis a hot commodity them when he was fired from Texas? NOBODY wanted him except Ferentz.

That's a big red flag.

Why wasn't Greg Davis a hot commodity them when he was fired from Texas? NOBODY wanted him except Ferentz.

That's a big red flag.

We're going to see this again. Unless Campbell gets promoted to OC, we're going to end up with a guy who fell through the cracks and nobody else wanted. I don't want to be a debbie-downer, but I don't see how we're going to be the 1st choice of anybody very good. Or 2nd, or maybe even 3rd.

Jake Rudock ran a pretty fun offense at St. Thomas Aquinas, and he just so happens to be our incumbent quarterback. Who better to have at the helm?

P.S. RenoHightower you're cray.

We're going to see this again. Unless Campbell gets promoted to OC, we're going to end up with a guy who fell through the cracks and nobody else wanted. I don't want to be a debbie-downer, but I don't see how we're going to be the 1st choice of anybody very good. Or 2nd, or maybe even 3rd.

Jake Rudock ran a pretty fun offense at St. Thomas Aquinas, and he just so happens to be our incumbent quarterback. Who better to have at the helm?

P.S. RenoHightower you're cray.
I'm hoping that Iowa could get a younger guy to do this. I don't want 50 plus retreads anymore. Been there, done that.

He was simply saying the pass was to a TE and that was correct, you need to put down the hateraide and relax
Read the thread, moron. It was a PA pass to the FB in the flat, a play run literally dozens of time under O'Keefe, and was being used as a prototypical example of how the GD offense is different than the previous 13 seasons of KF ball. You idiots really need to start paying attention and learn and least a tiny bit about football before you continue to make fools of yourselves.

Regardless of where Derby lined up, it was a ridiculously stupid play call in that situation, just like many of Davis' calls. You don't call for a pass short of the sticks when, if you fail to advance the ball past them, you turn it over on downs. It's bad enough to do that on third down, which we saw frequently. But to do it on fourth down is absolutely insane.
Of course it was a crappy playcall. That was not at all the point you were arguing, however. You were using it as an example of how the offense has changed dramatically in a single year, while I correctly pointed out that is in fact a textbook example of the supposedly "dramatically different" GD offense really being just a carbon copy of the KF/KOK offense in many respects.

Read the thread, moron. It was a PA pass to the FB in the flat, a play run literally dozens of time under O'Keefe, and was being used as a prototypical example of how the GD offense is different than the previous 13 seasons of KF ball. You idiots really need to start paying attention and learn and least a tiny bit about football before you continue to make fools of yourselves.

Now you are going to name call, real mature, hiding behind your computer on a message board. Why don't you let me know what your real name is, where you live and when you will be home, then I will come over, show you what type of moron you are and teach you something about being a man, you little *****

The one thing that occurred this year that I regret the most was the fact that we somehow ruined Northern Illinois' perfect season!

Now you are going to name call, real mature, hiding behind your computer on a message board. Why don't you let me know what your real name is, where you live and when you will be home, then I will come over, show you what type of moron you are and teach you something about being a man, you little *****

DOWN WITH RENOHIGHHORSE.

But now you seem kinda cray too.

And this continued nonsense about Brian Ferentz is a puzzler... nice kid I'm sure but promoting him to OC would be highly questionable. We don't even know yet if he is qualified to coach the Oline?

Agree 100 percent. Brian Ferentz as OC based on what? Tight end coaching and offensive line coaching? I think someday Brian is going to make a good head coach somewhere. But the idea of him being our OC is ridiculous.

Um, a coach--a good one at least--doesn't install an offense or defense designed around the players' level of "fun".

That said, he also SHOULD override a coordinator who isn't getting it done.

Really? I guess according to your post lets just keep things the same since it appears to be working so well.

Latest posts