::sigh:: just thumb me down here

Exactly, this is what I'm not buying.

No offense, but where does a Tevaun Smith who is a Jr., transfer to? He has to sit a year, and then get 1 year of playing where he won't even be sure that he will crack whichever team he goes to starting lineup. At Iowa he is gonna be the #1 option next year.

We see it all the time. Pat Angerer was really close to leaving football. LTP was really close to leaving football. It is a TON of work these kids put in, and certain things can be very frustrating. Yet when they get a chance to actually sit back, reflect upon the situation, the emotion calms down and 97% of these kids stay.

Agreed, I have no doubt what OP is said in nearly every locker by some players, but mainly in the sense kids are venting. Transferring, sitting and cracking line-up of new team late in your career is tough, unless you're going to a losing program or non-Power5 or FCS

Would it really surprise anyone if there is a mass exodus at the end of this season? There appear to be several players getting playing time that don't measure up to high D-1 standards. The players backing them up cannot help but wonder why they don't get their share of the playing time.

Hey, i live in cedar falls. we would be happy to take some disgruntled University of Iowa transfers. We have been struggling here too.

Hey, i live in cedar falls. we would be happy to take some disgruntled University of Iowa transfers. We have been struggling here too.

Holy crap - the uni team we barely beat is 3-4. This season just gets better & better.

Last season I said Scherff was coming back, and Beathard was leaving.

There are others on this board who will tell you that Beathard was ready to leave, and was all but promised a starting job by the coach.

I also gave my sources for that info to Jon Miller at the recent tailgate.

Thanks, IowaHOCKS23--based on your input and JDM's input, I believe that you have better information than what I'd describe as an "internet rumor".

Thanks for sharing.

Please continue using sound discretion, as disclosure of information is a short-term plus for fans, but can, depending on the circumstances, be a long-term negative for fans, players, and the program (for obvious reasons).

No offense, but where does a Tevaun Smith who is a Jr., transfer to? He has to sit a year, and then get 1 year of playing where he won't even be sure that he will crack whichever team he goes to starting lineup. At Iowa he is gonna be the #1 option next year.

We see it all the time. Pat Angerer was really close to leaving football. LTP was really close to leaving football. It is a TON of work these kids put in, and certain things can be very frustrating. Yet when they get a chance to actually sit back, reflect upon the situation, the emotion calms down and 97% of these kids stay.

Although true, it does not mean that the current information is not accurate. It could simply be irrelevant with the passage of time.

Smith or CJ could go to a lower division team (such as UNI, etc.) and play right away. No, it isn't BCS, but they would likely be starters, whereas they barely sniff the field at Iowa.

It is really a shame we have so many players who have big play potential (or have made big plays in the past) that are being wasted. Other teams find ways to get those guys on the field....at Iowa, they sit on the bench. I really don't understand it.

I know Kirk wants to win every game, but doggone it, when you look at the product on the field (particularly the offense), it sure doesn't look like it.

I don't doubt the intel, but if you're 2-0 in division, 5-2 over all & still very much in the race for a conference championship and unhappy with the progress of the program, I have to question if you'd be happy any where.

Although true, it does not mean that the current information is not accurate. It could simply be irrelevant with the passage of time.

And how do we know it is reliable? He admitted it was coming second hand, plus he is 0-1 on his transfer calls so far. This time he hasn't even named a name, just flaming fires with no real info at all. So a "reliable' source told him "some players" will be transferring. Is this really info???? I could post every year that Iowa will lose from 2-5 players each year, and if 3 guys transfer I could come thump my chest and say I told you so??? Whar the info??? At least when he said Scherff was staying and CJ was transferring he was actually giving information.

I belive the guy has good info. But a lot can change with kids at the end of the year. ( Every kid has a1 on 1 with KF after the season, Im told not many Head Coaches do that ) I have talked to a number of kids who were very discouraged at this time of year. Parents often encourage kids to stick it out. I would guess its the ones who have parents lookin for new schools are the ones to watch

I only believe anonymous posters if they have some internet fantasy of Ferentz being fired and some big name like Stoops coming here.

And how do we know it is reliable? He admitted it was coming second hand, plus he is 0-1 on his transfer calls so far. This time he hasn't even named a name, just flaming fires with no real info at all. So a "reliable' source told him "some players" will be transferring. Is this really info???? I could post every year that Iowa will lose from 2-5 players each year, and if 3 guys transfer I could come thump my chest and say I told you so??? Whar the info??? At least when he said Scherff was staying and CJ was transferring he was actually giving information.

I never gave names, that I recall. It was just pretty obvious who I was talking about.

as for this info, I guess without hearing it from someone's mouth directly you're right, it's second hand.

One part of what I said in the OP is actually 1st hand. So, there's that.

Also, I wouldn't post about it if it was a player that wasn't known. I'm sorry I won't give names and if it's not who I was told, I will own up to it.

:)

I never said it was accurate and, quite frankly, have no way of knowing. However, JDM has "vetted" this poster to some degree, so his post carries more weight with me than a normal internet rumor. Basically, I am storing it away in the back of my voluminous brain for later retrieval.

And it sounds to me that 23 has more info than just "some guys", but is (properly) choosing not to disclose. That said, I agree with every poster on here that states that this is the type of emotion that comes and goes for college-aged players.

I never gave names, that I recall. It was just pretty obvious who I was talking about.

as for this info, I guess without hearing it from someone's mouth directly you're right, it's second hand.

One part of what I said in the OP is actually 1st hand. So, there's that.

Also, I wouldn't post about it if it was a player that wasn't known. I'm sorry I won't give names and if it's not who I was told, I will own up to it.

:)

No worries my man. I just think it is kind of pointless right now, as we could end up winning the B1G, or we could end up losing 6 in a row, and anywhere in between for that matter. When players transfer (which we will always have some move on), we will all be discussing it again at that point.

I was talking to someone today who said that players aren't in to the system, there are multiple playing that "just want to remain uninjured to make it out of the program". There will be some BIG names leaving, and a lot of it has to do with promises made, and not kept by a couple coaches.

The overall feeling is they want to win, but don't care whether they do or dont.

I didn't get any really solid commitment to "THE" problem, but some players are feeling like certain things are done in certain ways that prevent progress. Best players not playing for "insanely stupid minor things" in practice.

Parents of a couple players are making moves on behalf of their kids, talking to other schools. In one instance, despite the kids wishes.

like the title says, just throw your thumbs downs at me, but this is all very credible.

Next season will bring A LOT of new faces.

:-/

Can you give any info on specific players?

I really don't understand the vitriol over stuff like this. Sure, time was where I was less than enthusiastic about it, but I have evolved. As long as people aren't tossing out actionable allegations, take stuff or leave it.

OK. "Vitriol" sounded a little harsh compared to many other posts I see on this forum, but so be it. I deleted my post because if there is some risk that my comments are out of bounds, I would rather not have it posted. I apparently missed the evolution you experienced on this matter...sorry.

Latest posts