::sigh:: just thumb me down here

I will say in this case I tend to think HOCKS is credible. As a general policy, I would take this kind of stuff with a grain of salt (especially considering the wider circumstances), but I think there is a very good chance he is legit.

That said, I agree with what Jon says - it might be legit right at this moment (i.e. when the players are just as ****** off as we all are), but who is actually going to pull the trigger at the end of the year might be a different story (that doesn't make HOCKS story any less legit, just saying circumstances could change if Iowa somehow lucks their way into 8 wins).

I haven't talked with him about this, but I will say this; I know who he is, I have spoken with him face to face, which I can't say for 99.9% of the people on here. He also shed some light on his background when I spoke with him a few weeks back. So to me, he's not just some screen name, like BlindDogScooter ;)

That said, transfer stuff is so fluid. Things can change. But it doesn't surprise me in the least to hear that some people are unhappy right now.

As for CJ, I felt in the spring that he was just being placated with the talk of playing both. We'll see what happens.

John you have just officially joined the imature no credibility crowd for saying things that make blind dog scooter upset.

If I had 1$ for each poster who cuts loose on this forum with..."I have an inside source who told me..." I would be moderately wealthy. If then, I had to give up that 1$ for every post that was inaccurate, I would probably be in the hole.

Here is an idea: Ol' 23, have the balls to come back about October 1 of 2015 and tell us all how good your information was at this point in 2014. I would not bet a plug nickel that you will do so, but at least I am giving you an opportunity to be a real hero. Take it and run...

Just so you will know, after the Maryland game, I rode on a shuttle to a restaurant with Jake Dusey's dad and the mom and dad of our place kicker, Marshall. I did not hear one tidbit of inside information, other than the meal they had at the restaurant was really good. I kind of figure that any thing in addition to that would none of my GD business.

I'm still here.. I don't know if it's possible for my old thread to be pulled up, but I made it at a time where EVERYBODY was saying Scherff was leaving.. I gave the info I was given, and here I am.. 10 months later still on the forum. I like it here, my absolute hands down favorite hawkeye message board. If I can add to it in some small part all that it's given me, then I will.

if I'm wrong, ok. I'll take my lumps. I'm not going anywhere though so, I find that challenge to be strange lol.

I knew what was coming when I made this thread, hence the title. Same thing happened last year when I came with the Scherff/Beathard story.

The funniest thing to me, is some of this has actually been discussed by other posters on here... So it's not just coming from my mouth.

as for Mr. M, what we discussed was basically (and I think this is the relevant part to this thread) who told me that information last year. I wasn't going to post it here, where there is a trail that could lead back the kid.. He's still on the team (one of the sources for that info anyways.. The other is not).

Choose to take anything you read on the Internet with a grain of salt, but if (IF) anything is to come of this... You heard it here first :)

Time will tell as there will always be unhappy players when it comes to playing time, etc. It's the name of the game when you are working with so many athletes. If players do leave then that's fine by me because they know what's best for them when it comes to playing college football. I would guess.there probably are a few unhappy people on the offensive side of the ball. Hopefully the players who are in there are giving it their all and I would assume they will and would.

I'm still here.. I don't know if it's possible for my old thread to be pulled up, but I made it at a time where EVERYBODY was saying Scherff was leaving.. I gave the info I was given, and here I am.. 10 months later still on the forum. I like it here, my absolute hands down favorite hawkeye message board. If I can add to it in some small part all that it's given me, then I will.

if I'm wrong, ok. I'll take my lumps. I'm not going anywhere though so, I find that challenge to be strange lol.

I knew what was coming when I made this thread, hence the title. Same thing happened last year when I came with the Scherff/Beathard story.

The funniest thing to me, is some of this has actually been discussed by other posters on here... So it's not just coming from my mouth.

as for Mr. M, what we discussed was basically (and I think this is the relevant part to this thread) who told me that information last year. I wasn't going to post it here, where there is a trail that could lead back the kid.. He's still on the team (one of the sources for that info anyways.. The other is not).

Choose to take anything you read on the Internet with a grain of salt, but if (IF) anything is to come of this... You heard it here first :)

I think you have to be careful what you post on here, as far as things you hear. Maybe for me it is experience speaking, and as you get older, you will realize that many times people like to talk about things, and act like they know something to feel important, or just hear themselves talk. It is pretty obvious that your source isn't the player in question, but rather others who know him/them or maybe even further than once removed. I have personally heard so many things, and most of them seem very credible, and some pan out and others don't (as happened for you, as you seem to be 1 for 1).

As far as your claims here go, I'm not sure what they are? That players don't care to win? That some will be leaving? It seems to me that you have put a flag in the ground so that you can claim you were right no matter who leaves (as some always do).

I think you have to be careful what you post on here, as far as things you hear. Maybe for me it is experience speaking, and as you get older, you will realize that many times people like to talk about things, and act like they know something to feel important, or just hear themselves talk. It is pretty obvious that your source isn't the player in question, but rather others who know him/them or maybe even further than once removed. I have personally heard so many things, and most of them seem very credible, and some pan out and others don't (as happened for you, as you seem to be 1 for 1).

As far as your claims here go, I'm not sure what they are? That players don't care to win? That some will be leaving? It seems to me that you have put a flag in the ground so that you can claim you were right no matter who leaves (as some always do).

ive emailed a couple people here who..

ill say for WR I was told "a couple". I have no specific names and anything I could come up with would be pure speculation.

as for the source.. The guy I talked to today could be considered pretty solid.. As he's on the team and part of my post a lot are missing is in regards to him.

ill say for WR I was told "a couple". I have no specific names and anything I could come up with would be pure speculation.

as for the source.. The guy I talked to today could be considered pretty solid.. As he's on the team and part of my post a lot are missing is in regards to him.

Like I said, just know that people talk to talk. For instance I was told by a pretty reliable source that Marble was gonna transfer after his Fr. year. I was told he didn't like how Basabe was "the golden boy" and felt he wasn't getting enough or featured playing time. I was also talking to another player from a D1 school who was pretty damned disgruntled about his playing time, the program and many other things. Needless to say I would have bet $10,000 bucks he was gonna leave from what he was saying......and he never left. Keep in mind as I said, the kid himself was ripping the program, coaches, etc, yet stayed, so the source was him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rip on you for posting these things. I'm just saying that what you will ultimatley find is no matter how good the source is, you aren't gonna be right on many of these things (IE CJ transfering) and you will be right on some (Scherff staying).

I think much of the team believes that the better QB is Beathard for the following reasons:

1. Stronger arm
2. Better under pressure (he made one throw in the Pitt game that Rudock simply cannot make)
3. Quicker feet
4. Taller, so fewer throws are batted down

I have lost faith in Ferentz and this staff. Beathard simply has more up side than Rudock.

If Beathard transfers, he loses this fan base. I guarantee it.

He needs to play Beathard now. Rudock should be the back up. Period. End of story

Regardless of how valid any of this "mass exodus" inside info is, unless I see something other than on a message board....

That said, a lot of football left and still hope for success. But I am not happy with the OC and his "philosophy". Absolutely any buffoon could have seen the running game was working...and we completely abandoned it...Completely ! This above all is what should have us all concerned...pi$$ed...etc.

Un-freaking-believable.

John you have just officially joined the imature no credibility crowd for saying things that make blind dog scooter upset.

See how silly you are? What is it about your ego that leads you to
believe you have the power to upset me? We're all just pixels on a
screen here, dude. Get over yourself.

By the way, if you're going to suck up to Jon you should at least spell his name correctly.

By the way, if you're going to suck up to Jon you should at least spell his name correctly.

How about once this exodus of skilled players actually happens you promise to do us all a favor and never post again? Seems fair.

We've had this convo before but I have heard similar things regarding 3 skill players. Make no mistake, next year we will have much fewer 'weapons' on offense.

Appreciate your info, its good to get confirmation.

A lot of people are missing the point Dean and others are making: players can change their minds.

The info may be rock solid about unhappy players right now, but if the team turns things around and they decide not to leave, does that mean the poster was "wrong"? It's plausible that CJB, for example, was talked out of leaving in the spring.

What, you're not upset? Dang it.

Regardless of how valid any of this "mass exodus" inside info is, unless I see something other than on a message board....

That said, a lot of football left and still hope for success. But I am not happy with the OC and his "philosophy". Absolutely any buffoon could have seen the running game was working...and we completely abandoned it...Completely ! This above all is what should have us all concerned...pi$$ed...etc.

Un-freaking-believable.

OC again, huh?

OC runs what Ferentz lets him run. Ferentz has gotta go.

just like the mass exodus after Rhabdo? Sure, we'll have a kid or 3 before next fall. It happens at every program, every year. I doubt any of the "big names" are starters, but rather Internet Legends.

Last edited:
just like the mass exodus after Rhabdo? I'm calling BS. Sure, we'll have a kid or 3 before next fall. It happens at every program, every year. I doubt any of the "big names" are starters, but rather Internet Legends. Give me a thumbs down if you like!

Exactly, this is what I'm not buying.

No offense, but where does a Tevaun Smith who is a Jr., transfer to? He has to sit a year, and then get 1 year of playing where he won't even be sure that he will crack whichever team he goes to starting lineup. At Iowa he is gonna be the #1 option next year.

We see it all the time. Pat Angerer was really close to leaving football. LTP was really close to leaving football. It is a TON of work these kids put in, and certain things can be very frustrating. Yet when they get a chance to actually sit back, reflect upon the situation, the emotion calms down and 97% of these kids stay.

Latest posts