::sigh:: just thumb me down here

Look, I've done this for 15 years. I've seen folks come and go and have a decent read on things. I have at least met Hocks in person, which is more than I can say for 99.9% of the over 42000 registered users at this site. He gave me an idea who he speaks with. I have no reason to believe he is intentionally pulling anyone's leg....but with things like transfers, that's incredibly fluid and an attitude of an 18-23 year old can change hour to hour and game to game.

We'll see how the season plays out...if things keep going down the path they are on, sure, I bet some people look elsewhere...but that happen.

I don't dispute any of that, Jon. You have no probelm with me. I only remarked that another
poster said that you had "vetted" Hocks. It didn't sound like you had before and doesn't sound
like you have now. That's not on you. No one would expect you to do that.

I get that you have a journalist 6th sense for certain things but I like accuracy and I've seen
nothing telling me that the guy who said you had "vetted" Hocks was accurate in his assessment.

I still think young guys often have a need to look important so they spread "insider" information
as if it's solid gold fact. My objection is to Hocks characterizing some of our players as intentionally
dogging it in games. That's just wrong.

I was talking to someone today who said that players aren't in to the system, there are multiple playing that "just want to remain uninjured to make it out of the program". There will be some BIG names leaving, and a lot of it has to do with promises made, and not kept by a couple coaches.

The overall feeling is they want to win, but don't care whether they do or dont.

I didn't get any really solid commitment to "THE" problem, but some players are feeling like certain things are done in certain ways that prevent progress. Best players not playing for "insanely stupid minor things" in practice.

Parents of a couple players are making moves on behalf of their kids, talking to other schools. In one instance, despite the kids wishes.

like the title says, just throw your thumbs downs at me, but this is all very credible.

Next season will bring A LOT of new faces.

:-/

Wouldn't be surprised one bit

Rumors, intel, theories and thoughts are great but the OP publicly accused
some of our players of intentionally dogging it during games in order to avoid
injury.... to preserve their viability as transfers.

That's just not right any way you cut it. He owes them a public apology.

Is that what you ment to say Hocks

Rumors, intel, theories and thoughts are great but the OP publicly accused
some of our players of intentionally dogging it during games in order to avoid
injury.... to preserve their viability as transfers.

That's just not right any way you cut it. He owes them a public apology.

He probably deserves at least 10 lashings too.

Is that what you ment to say Hocks

No, BDS is just projecting meaning. I said NOTHING about players dogging it to transfer... I said they're dogging it to make it out uninjured. Little different :)

but it kudos to him for being about the only person paying attention to that part.

No, BDS is just projecting meaning. I said NOTHING about players dogging it to transfer... I said they're dogging it to make it out uninjured. Little different :)

but it kudos to him for being about the only person paying attention to that part.

I'm not too sure these players that are "dogging" it are really thinking this through. If they are "dogging" it, then they aren't performing. If they aren't performing at Iowa, why would another school want them?

I can only think of a handful of successful players who transferred out of Iowa under KF. They really might want to reconsider, as this isn't BB, and most football transfers go down a level, they don't usually sit out a year and make some huge impact elsewhere and make the NFL.

Nothing like a little bye week drama to keep things interesting around here, eh?

Also, fans visit forums for rumors, intel, theories and thoughts. I don't get why anyone would jump down someone's throat when this is why a lot of us are here.

Soonerdog or whoever, is the same type of poster that comes to a football msg board and questions why everyone is commenting about a football game and then tells us how we should go mow the yard instead. How these types fail to recognize the primary function of a football msg board is baffling. Scary even.

Do these types of posters go to Hy-Vee for oil changes or binge watch "teen moms" in order to get their taxes done? The logic is just such a huge failure that it's astounding. These people are proof that a bizzaro world actually does exist although you and i may never experience putting on our socks only to find that the yard got mowed in doing so.

Soonerdog or whoever, is the same type of poster that comes to a football msg board and questions why everyone is commenting about a football game and then tells us how we should go mow the yard instead. How these types fail to recognize the primary function of a football msg board is baffling. Scary even.

Do these types of posters go to Hy-Vee for oil changes or binge watch "teen moms" in order to get their taxes done? The logic is just such a huge failure that it's astounding. These people are proof that a bizzaro world actually does exist although you and i may never experience putting on our socks only to find that the yard got mowed in doing so.

Mind.... Blown.

i can mow my yard by putting on my socks?

Gee... I don't know... this is what you wrote...

"there are multiple playing that "just want to remain uninjured to make it out of the program". "

So... go ahead... I'm listening... this should be good. I suppose he just meant that
they would be giving up playing football. Uh huh...

See how silly you are? I'm not the least bit baffled about people commenting on
football games here or anywhere else. What baffles me is what you all get out of
trashing every aspect of our program when things don't go just the way you think
they should.

I hope the rest of your lives aren't as negative and meaningless as they appear here.

That's what I thought, and he isn't the only one to notice it Last Sat. sure looked like a team with troubles. Hope the work it out.

IowaHOCKS23,

I am not familiar with your work. Please give us an idea of your relationship to the University of Iowa football program and an indication as to why you believe the information conveyed in your post is credible and accurate.

Thank you.

I can't speak for HOCKS23, but I know two football families personally. One Dad, I speak to every week. He told me after the ISU loss similar things to what HAKCS23 wrote. (You can bash the "armchair quarterback" all you want...but many players echo the very same criticisms you'll read on this board. You just won't read it, because of course a player who speaks out kills his career)

His son isn't moving, but he named at least two players he knew were seriously discussing it. Guys it would hurt to lose. He repeated it, with emphasis Tuesday when I spoke to him.

No way I'm going to drop a player's name here. But I assure you it's a guy on the roster and he's been on the field this year. And he speaks about other players being unhappy, more than his kid. So don't give me the predicatable "sour grapes" excuse.

Last edited:

You guys can argue all you want ... but keep me out of it.

The Op is an idiot just trying to get attention. What is he some kind of gossipy teenage

Additionally, there are players now calling out the fans for dogging on a 5-2 football team. This board is a sad sad place now. There is nothing positive on here at all anymore. Have fun being miserable people cause I am out of here.

The Op is an idiot just trying to get attention. What is he some kind of gossipy teenage

Additionally, there are players now calling out the fans for dogging on a 5-2 football team. This board is a sad sad place now. There is nothing positive on here at all anymore. Have fun being miserable people cause I am out of here.

Have fun enjoying a crappy team that is only 5-2 because it's played some of the worst competition in the country.

Latest posts