SIAP: Ulis Decision Friday Night, 7:20 p.m.

Speculation? I have a decade of dirt showing how the Squid operates. He's a sleaze and a cheat, and there is little doubt that he was a sleazy cheat luring this kid in, and he wouldn't hesitate to cut him loose at the first sign of something better.

Fran is a guy who does it the right way. The only thing about this Ulis situation I am disappointed in is that Fran put so much energy into the kind of low character player who would want to play for Squid in the first place.

This isn't a case of Cal swooping in and stealing a guy that seemed rock solid in a commitment to Iowa (like Pierschbacher). Ulis seems to have been strongly interested in Kentucky since before Cal first talked to him. Did Kentucky even have to provide "other" benefits to land Ulis? You're contending that Ulis begged for that offer because Kentucky would pay more than Iowa.

That's not speculating on what Calipari did because of his history. That's speculating upon Ulis' motives based on nothing.

Ulis just dumped us like Lance Armstrong dumped his first wife once Sheryl Crow was available. In a "nut" shell, we ain't a super model yet. We are the really nice, decent looking, loyal first wife. But Fran is getting us some liposuction, a big fake rack, Botox, and a spray tan. So watch out future big time recruits, we are becoming more and more attractive each year.

I don't know who this Jeff Goodman is or what connections he may have. But who's to say he's for sure going to UK? He'll be announcing in a few hours and then we'll know. It's too bad the pitty party and sour grapes have all been started. Nothing would tickle me more then if he announced he's going to Iowa now after all the whiners have come out of the woodwork. Don't get me wrong if he chooses UK I'll be dissappointed as anyone. But if goes to UK it won't be the end of the world for Iowa or the worst decision Ulis ever makes in his life necessarily.

I don't know who this Jeff Goodman is or what connections he may have. But who's to say he's for sure going to UK? He'll be announcing in a few hours and then we'll know. It's too bad the pitty party and sour grapes have all been started. Nothing would tickle me more then if he announced he's going to Iowa now after all the whiners have come out of the woodwork. Don't get me wrong if he chooses UK I'll be dissappointed as anyone. But if goes to UK it won't be the end of the world for Iowa or the worst decision Ulis ever makes in his life necessarily.

Literally every sign is pointing to Ulis going to Kentucky. Iowa and MSU are now exploring other options, and Ulis himself said "hopefully" he'll get to play with a kid who is a strong Kentucky lean and has no interest in Iowa.

I agree it won't be the end of the world, but he ain't coming here.

Not because of anything Calipari did.
I didn't call him stupid, I called him slimy. He knows how to work a bag man.

Look, let's just cut through the crap cake here. Ulis was close with a bunch of UK recruits. He saw what kind of "perks" they were getting, and he wanted his piece of the pie. As far as I am concerned, Squid did us a favor by buying off this punk and saving us the drama. Besides, a 155lbs PG won't last a month on the B1G. So screw him.

DIDN'T

WANT

HIM

ANYWAYS

Look, let's just cut through the crap cake here. Ulis was close with a bunch of UK recruits. He saw what kind of "perks" they were getting, and he wanted his piece of the pie. As far as I am concerned, Squid did us a favor by buying off this punk and saving us the drama. Besides, a 155lbs PG won't last a month on the B1G. So screw him.

DIDN'T

WANT

HIM

ANYWAYS

Sure he did...

DIDN'T

WANT

HIM

ANYWAYS
You and others like you need to grow up and not blast kids who don't go to Iowa. Its his decision and his only. Blast other coachex and teams but not recruits who did nothing wrong besides not pick Iowa. Get a life.

I'm still waiting until 7:20 before I give up all hope. Our going after the JuCo kid doesn't have to be related to Ulis. We have 4 open spots with nothing apparently close to hitting so maybe Fran wants something, anything to get some momentum going.

Latest posts