Rodney Coe is 6'3" 300lbs

I will give him credit for finding a fanbase who will believe anything thrown at them. I wonder why no one else held out for an all American running back who couldn't qualify and gained 75 lbs in a year. sounds like isu cornered the market on dumb kids with poor weight control.

All you need to do now is recruit dbs who shoplift and you might make it big.

By the way being honest is classy, covering for a putz isn't.

At least Ferentz wasn't 3 for 3 in that 2012 class on recruiting RB's who were arrested a year before stepping on campus. A pair of DUI's from Barkley Hill and Michael Malloy and drug possession from Greg Garmon. And you point your finger at ISU?

Ha ha this is the best postl Klug had poor weight control he came in at 220 and ended his career at 275. Robert Gallery couldn't control his weight he came in as a 245 pound TE and ended his career at 320. Dallas Clark was a 200 pound QB in high school he really showed poor weight control getting up to 250. Hey how did that 27 year old FELON your basketball program awarded a scholarship to work out? It wasn't like he committed armed robbery on a senior citizen and assaulted the poor guy. Ata boy Fran!

Yep you got me. Rodney is a shining example of a college athlete. Gain weight, go to juco and end up with two offers after being a four star recruit. I am surprised more athletes don't do this. You get to play at isu and be considered an all american recruit.

You got a kid who was to stupid to go to Iowa. Your fanbase relates. You want to feel like iowa is slighted. The Iowa program stayed away from this kid for good reasons despite him begging to come back.

I am laughing at the fact you are defending this kid like he is your hero.

Yeah a high school All-American who held offers from virtually every major program in the country (Notre Dame, Florida, TENN, Auburn, Oklahoma, NEB, USC, Arkansas, Mississippi, Oregon and several more) they all wanted him to come and play d-line. Yeah you're right though he would have never made Iowa's 2 deep though. I mean your defensive line is dominant you guys weren't playing a 240 pound true freshman last year who's only experience was 8 man football in small town NE the previous year. You're oblivious!

Who cares what the kid did 3 years ago in high school. Fact of the matter is last year he was barely a blip at a JUCO school against inferior competition. NONE of the original schools that offered him out of HS offered him after his 2 years at a JUCO. His real offer sheet this time around was ISU and South Florida, not one of the other schools you mentioned offered RC this last year.

Yep you got me. Rodney is a shining example of a college athlete. Gain weight, go to juco and end up with two offers after being a four star recruit. I am surprised more athletes don't do this. You get to play at isu and be considered an all american recruit.

You got a kid who was to stupid to go to Iowa. Your fanbase relates. You want to feel like iowa is slighted. The Iowa program stayed away from this kid for good reasons despite him begging to come back.

I am laughing at the fact you are defending this kid like he is your hero.

Define irony: A message board poster rips on an 18 year old kid for his academic credentials and in that very sentence clearly shows he doesn't know the difference between to, too and two. Was he to stupid or too stupid?

Hmm put an 18 year old kid down because he wasn't academically gifted enough to qualify for a Big Ten University. Classy. I can almost guarantee you a large majority of the posters on here couldn't get into the University of Iowa. I'm sure no one here went the junior college route. He's never been in any kind of trouble with the law that I know of. He comes from a good family his Grandfather was an NFL coach. And yet he's a putz and fool? Geez that's just ignorant.

Who is his grandfather?

I'm oblivious for saying an All-American 305 pounder couldn't beat out a 240 pound true freshman Drew Ott who was STARTING for you last year?! Iowa won his services over the likes of North Dakota St, South Dakota St. and Ohio! Ha alright I'm oblivious I guess. Doyle's job is to turn 240 pounders into 300 pounders. Appears Coe was able to do that just fine. End of story.

The troll is being trolled. God, I love OK4P.

Ha ha this is the best post yet. Yeah Karl Klug had poor weight control he came in at 220 and ended his career at 275. Robert Gallery couldn't control his weight he came in as a 245 pound TE and ended his career at 320. Dallas Clark was a 200 pound QB in high school he really showed poor weight control getting up to 250. Hey how did that 27 year old FELON your basketball program awarded a scholarship to work out? It wasn't like he committed armed robbery on a senior citizen and assaulted the poor guy. Ata boy Fran!

I'm not saying Coe has a weight control problem, but those other situations aren't comparable. We're talking about gaining 75 pounds in a year's time. For one thing, only two of the players you listed gained 75 pounds over the course of their careers, and none of them did it as quickly as Coe did.

Again, I'm not saying he has a problem. He certainly looks good for 300 pounds. But if you're going to use Iowa players as examples, find ones who actually underwent similar transformations (both in terms of weight gained and the time it took to gain it).

We'll all get to see how good Coe is in week 3. Coe and ???? vs. the Iowa OL. I like Iowa's chances in this one. Don't really matter how big he is. How's his technique? Does he apply good leverage? Does he have quick hands? Does he know when to shed blockers? How does he handle double teams?

You know he'll be amped to play against the team he actually wanted to play for. So we'll see.

Define irony: A message board poster rips on an 18 year old kid for his academic credentials and in that very sentence clearly shows he doesn't know the difference between to, too and two. Was he to stupid or too stupid?
Oh snap. Got room for me at ISU? I am sure I have some toy guns somewhere.

The troll is being trolled. God, I love OK4P.

I'm not saying Coe has a weight control problem, but those other situations aren't comparable. We're talking about gaining 75 pounds in a year's time. For one thing, only two of the players you listed gained 75 pounds over the course of their careers, and none of them did it as quickly as Coe did.

Again, I'm not saying he has a problem. He certainly looks good for 300 pounds. But if you're going to use Iowa players as examples, find ones who actually underwent similar transformations (both in terms of weight gained and the time it took to gain it).

I have zero clue what you're talking about. Rodney Coe has been in college for two years. He's transformed from a 235 prep to 305 in those two + years. That's an increase of 70 pounds.

Robert Gallery started all 12 games at left tackle his redshirt sophomore year. That's also two + years in college that he transformed from a 240 pound tight end to a 320 pound left tackle. An increase of 80 pounds.

How is this NOT comparable? Dallas and Karl are the exact same examples.

Charlie Coe

Coe never envisioned he would put on 70 pounds in the time since his senior year in high school in 2010. His grandfather, Charlie Coe, a former NFL coach, knew better, telling his grandson he’d eventually play with his hand in the dirt.
There is a history of some sizeable men in the Coe family. Coe wasn’t going to beat genetics.
“Here I am with my hand down,” Coe said.

http://amestrib.com/sections/sports...ike-any-other-isu-defensive-tackle.html#small

Coe never envisioned he would put on 70 pounds in the time since his senior year in high school in 2010. His grandfather, Charlie Coe, a former NFL coach, knew better, telling his grandson he’d eventually play with his hand in the dirt.
There is a history of some sizeable men in the Coe family. Coe wasn’t going to beat genetics.
“Here I am with my hand down,” Coe said.

Football: Coe unlike any other ISU defensive tackle | Ames Tribune
Did his grandpa help him get into iwcc or was that on his own merit? Heard that is a tough one to get into, even tougher than a big 12 school.

Charlie Coe

One year with the raiders. I see he was at Iowa for a year also. Never seemed to stay at one place very long.
I see Rodney also has an uncle in the NFL.

So did Rodney's other grandparents raise him as I see they are the only ones listed in his bio?

One year with the raiders. I see he was at Iowa for a year also. Never seemed to stay at one place very long.
I see Rodney also has an uncle in the NFL.

So did Rodney's other grandparents raise him as I see they are the only ones listed in his bio?

I'm not really sure to be honest with you.

Ha ha this is the best post yet. Yeah Karl Klug had poor weight control he came in at 220 and ended his career at 275. Robert Gallery couldn't control his weight he came in as a 245 pound TE and ended his career at 320. Dallas Clark was a 200 pound QB in high school he really showed poor weight control getting up to 250. Hey how did that 27 year old FELON your basketball program awarded a scholarship to work out? It wasn't like he committed armed robbery on a senior citizen and assaulted the poor guy. Ata boy Fran!

I have zero clue what you're talking about. Rodney Coe has been in college for two years. He's transformed from a 235 prep to 305 in those two + years. That's an increase of 70 pounds.

Robert Gallery started all 12 games at left tackle his redshirt sophomore year. That's also two + years in college that he transformed from a 240 pound tight end to a 320 pound left tackle. An increase of 80 pounds.

How is this NOT comparable? Dallas and Karl are the exact same examples.

According to your first post, Gallery put on 75 pounds. Clark and Klug put on around 50. So the Gallery comparison is fair.

I honestly forgot Coe was at IWCC for two years, though. It doesn't seem like its been that long since his recruitment.

Did his grandpa help him get into iwcc or was that on his own merit? Heard that is a tough one to get into, even tougher than a big 12 school.

Wow pal. The kid was an All-American athlete that had several prestigious scholarship offers. He is getting his education paid for playing major division 1 football. Who knows what the future holds for him. Maybe a shot at the NFL maybe not. Pretty impressive resume for a 21 year old kid. What have you done with your life that's worth two craps? If anything his perseverance has been impressive. He didn't let a bump in the road get in the way of his dreams.

Alright Mr ForeverIowan ,we get it, you like Coe and think he is going to be awesome at ISU. Now move along now back to a Cyclone board and drool about your all american there.