Rodney Coe is 6'3" 300lbs

He's not 300 lbs...he is 305. And he looks like he's 280. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be our best lineman by the 1/2 way point of the season. He still has the great feet and quickness of a RB and he's massive now. He looks like a DT that you would see in the SEC.

It's going to kill Iowa fans when they lose to Iowa State and Coe, Rogers, Gannon, and Tuftee are all big reasons why. Rogers is going to be one that Iowa fans are going to kill Ferentz for not offering.

He's not 300 lbs...he is 305. And he looks like he's 280. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be our best lineman by the 1/2 way point of the season. He still has the great feet and quickness of a RB and he's massive now. He looks like a DT that you would see in the SEC.

It's going to kill Iowa fans when they lose to Iowa State and Coe, Rogers, Gannon, and Tuftee are all big reasons why. Rogers is going to be one that Iowa fans are going to kill Ferentz for not offering.

lolololololololol!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I was thinking about this and I think its clear that because Rodney Coe used to be committed to the Hawkeye's that it should be clear that the University of Iowa can claim partial credit for any accomplishments after leaving Iowa. We should wish him all the success and hope that he fulfills his potential, and recognize that his accomplishments are also Iowa's by some weird right from when he signed a letter of intent. Any all-conference honors or an nfl draft selection should be recorded as an Iowa Hawkeye first and some other team second. Best of luck to you Rodney Coe.

I will bet you whatever you want on this. The only caviet to this is your line might be so **** poor that he could be the best lineman. I will say by the 1/2 way point, RC wouldn't crack Iowa's 2 deeps.

Ummm...actually I guarantee Iowa fans won't kill Ferentz for not offering either. There was a reason we didn't, and a reason Moo U did. Both RC and Rogers would have jumped at the chance to go to Iowa. Additionally, I have spoken with 3 of RC's former IWCC teammates, and they couldn't say enough what a lazy POS he was.

Not only his teammates, but some ISU coaches as well.....lets just say some aren't impressed with his effort.

I will bet you whatever you want on this. The only caviet to this is your line might be so **** poor that he could be the best lineman. I will say by the 1/2 way point, RC wouldn't crack Iowa's 2 deeps.

Not only his teammates, but some ISU coaches as well.....lets just say some aren't impressed with his effort.

You clearly haven't read "The Evolution of Rodney Coe" or all the other fluff pieces regarding him and the d line on Clownfanatic. I suggest you learn up on this.

The reason Rogers wasn't offered will soon be evident to isu fans. I am sure the local retailers can provide help in explaining.

Exactly...I edited because I didn't want to get into it, but you hit the nail on the head.

He is a JUCO transfer and in the article written about him in The Gazette ISU's DL coach makes it very clear that right now he is maybe their 3rd best DT. Cyclones17... man you are swimming in kool-aid with this one. At his age and with his size if he was as dominant as you make him sound he would be far and away ISU's best DT because the Cyclone defensive line has been god awful. He struggled to produce great numbers coming out of IWCC. I get your enthusiasm but I would seriously consider reeling it in quite a bit on this one.

Funny-facepalm-meme-computer.jpg

He's not 300 lbs...he is 305. And he looks like he's 280. There is no doubt in my mind that he will be our best lineman by the 1/2 way point of the season. He still has the great feet and quickness of a RB and he's massive now. He looks like a DT that you would see in the SEC.It's going to kill Iowa fans when they lose to Iowa State and Coe, Rogers, Gannon, and Tuftee are all big reasons why. Rogers is going to be one that Iowa fans are going to kill Ferentz for not offering.
I'll take that bet. I live right next to Iowa City West and I wouldn't touch Rogers with a 10 foot pole. Not only severe character issues, but he ain't that good. Certainly not good enough to see the field as a freshman CB for Iowa. You also throw out two in-state OL, which is absolutely the last position on earth that Iowa needs help at right now, not to mention a project DT when Iowa is loaded at DT and desperate for help at DE. Yes, you'll beat us this year, but it will have nothing at all to do with the fact that those 4 guys play for ISU and not Iowa.

Last edited:
I'll take that bet. I live right next to Iowa City West and I wouldn't touch Rogers with a 10 foot pole. Not only severe character issues, but he ain't that good. Certainly not good enough to see the field as a freshman CB for Iowa. You also throw out two in-state OL, which is absolutely the last position on earth that Iowa needs help at right now, not to mention a project DT when Iowa is loaded at DT and desperate for help at DE. Yes, you'll beat us this year, but it will have nothing at all to do with the fact that those 4 guys play for ISU and not Iowa.
You may wanna keep a very tight grip on that 10 ft pole. It may disappear if Charles gets too close.

This is Wally Burnham on Rodney Coe when asked how he'll impact the upcoming season:

I can't tell you right now. I'm excited from what I have seen. I'm not watching him in particular but he just catches your eye. That is very, very encouraging. I figure we'll have to wait and see and in about three weeks we'll be able to see how he fought through the two-a-days. But I think from what I've seen and what I heard about him this summer in the weight room and things, he's got a lot of potential right now.

I think your sources are ****.

150101]This is Wally Burnham on Rodney Coe when asked how he'll impact the upcoming season:

I can't tell you right now. I'm excited from what I have seen. I'm not watching him in particular but he just catches your eye. That is very, very encouraging. I figure we'll have to wait and see and in about three weeks we'll be able to see how he fought through the two-a-days. But I think from what I've seen and what I heard about him this summer in the weight room and things, he's got a lot of potential right now.

I think your sources are ****.[/QUOTE]

i think they were just surprised he found the stadium and/or hadn't eaten a teammate.

This is Wally Burnham on Rodney Coe when asked how he'll impact the upcoming season:I can't tell you right now. I'm excited from what I have seen. I'm not watching him in particular but he just catches your eye. That is very, very encouraging. I figure we'll have to wait and see and in about three weeks we'll be able to see how he fought through the two-a-days. But I think from what I've seen and what I heard about him this summer in the weight room and things, he's got a lot of potential right now.I think your sources are ****.
You actually fell for that pre-season coachspeak garbage? You're an idiot.

My comments on Coe comes directly from our DC. These aren't comments just on what I'm hoping for. It comes directly from a DC who has forgotten more about football than you clowns will ever know. Rodney Coe is learning but he is bigger and faster than most DT's that you see. He will be very very good.

And lol at Hawk fans who don't think the staff missed on Rogers. Kids going to start as a DB in the pass happy Big 12 as a freshman but yeah you guys didn't miss by not offering. How clueless are you guys?

Latest posts