Rodney Coe is 6'3" 300lbs

You look before any season and there will be some wrong and irrationally exuberant fans. Saw it a lot with Iowa basketball last year and we're seeing it going into next season as well.

Just say you were wrong, not this, I'm wrong, but so are Hawkeye fans.

I tried to tell you that I didn't think this guy was going to stick. Right from several GA's mouths I heard that. Tom Farniok and Cory Morrissey pretty much show what the other players thought of him. Rhoads would have actually kept him around had it not been a mini rebellion by the players, as Coe had always gotten special treatment and got away with missing meetings, being late, no going to class, etc.

I was probably wrong about Coe. I could search the thread to see if I posted anything about him I honestly don't know.

Coe is in great shape for being 300 pounds and the coaches are raving about his physical ability. If he can get the technique down he'll be solid. If not he'll probably be a decent run plugger.
You might have been wrong about Coe. It took me reading just a few posts at the beginning of the thread to find this.

Rodney Coe thought about asking to come back

Per Tom Farniok and Cory Morrissey in Dallas - Rodney Coe talked with Iowa State's leadership council about coming back to the team. Morrissey said that Coe would have had to come back as a walk-on and be on a very "tight leash," but chose to attend Akron (where he is now) instead. I'll write more about this later. Farniok said things never got very serious. Kind of a non-story but I found it to be interesting.

Or not interesting

You might have been wrong about Coe. It took me reading just a few posts at the beginning of the thread to find this.

Why you going after Bryce like that? We've all said some dumb things on here. No need to single him out or go back and dig up posts from the past.

Why you going after Bryce like that? We've all said some dumb things on here. No need to single him out or go back and dig up posts from the past.
He mentioned he may have been wrong about Coe, so I was just helping him back up his claim with supporting evidence. Just providing a public service. I'm a giver.

Guess who gained five pounds in two years, people?

Hustle Belt said:
Three of the four starters on the defensive line are transfers from Power Five programs. Ohio State Buckeyes transfer Se'Von Pittman, who attended Canton McKinley High School right down the road from Akron before going to OSU. A 6-foot-3, 268-pound junior, Pittman was red-shirted at OSU as a freshman in 2012 before transferring to Akron in 2013. Last year, he recorded 36 tackles and one sack for the Zips.

Next to Pittman is 6-foot-3 305-pound tackle Rodney Coe, previously with the Iowa State Cyclones. In 2013, he recorded 36 tackles with just under five sacks. Coe had to find a new team to play for after leaving Iowa State for a violation of several team rules and policies. Coe spent the fall of 2014 at Iowa Western Community College.
http://www.hustlebelt.com/2015/6/10/8749885/belt-loops-2015-akron-zips-defense

Undoubtedly the most compelling storyline of the 2015 Iowa Hawkeye's, former Iowa commit and Iowa State transfer Rodney Coe recorded two sacks in twelve games for the Akron Zips this season. NFL Draft Scout has him as one of the top 70 DT in the 2016 NFL Draft.