Replace Back in Black with....

I don't think its a good idea. There is a lot of tradition around Black and Black. But if it were be changed than under no circumstances should it be that jungle rap noise. Rap isn't even music ..... its noise with a beat so monkeys can bounce to it and so gang members can talk about how they did something illegal.

Umm, wow. I thought racists liked at least some rap music...

hammerzeit.jpg

Look at me, I'm a music snob! I thumb my nose at those who don't comply to my standards!

Grow up Peter Pan

Back in Black is one of the best rock songs of all time for people who think Applebee's is the greatest restaurant of all time.

I guess the only song I remember pumping me up for a game is, you know, On Iowa.

tons of fun hit the nail on the head there. you mad that if 99% of people like something that it did its job and is probably good music?

and i happen to love applebees. you mad?

yeah you mad

I don't think its a good idea. There is a lot of tradition around Black and Black. But if it were be changed than under no circumstances should it be that jungle rap noise. Rap isn't even music ..... its noise with a beat so monkeys can bounce to it and so gang members can talk about how they did something illegal.

Hahahaha! What are you, like 175 years old?

Rap can be very artistic. Does it have real music? No, no it doesn't. The same repeated rhythms do not music make. But it's never about the music (or lack thereof). It's about the lyrics, and there are very few out there who actually put meaning into their raps anymore. But Eminem is my favorite rapper of all time because he talks about real life issues he's had, whether it's drugs, how he's felt he's failed as a father, etc. It's good stuff. I don't mess with much else.

Rap can be very artistic. Does it have real music? No, no it doesn't. The same repeated rhythms do not music make. But it's never about the music (or lack thereof). It's about the lyrics, and there are very few out there who actually put meaning into their raps anymore. But Eminem is my favorite rapper of all time because he talks about real life issues he's had, whether it's drugs, how he's felt he's failed as a father, etc. It's good stuff. I don't mess with much else.

What the hell are you talking about? Almost any song in any genre is made up of the same repeating rhythms.

What the hell are you talking about? Almost any song in any genre is made up of the same repeating rhythms.

In his defense, only the bands with drums have repeating rhythms. But honestly, how many bands have drums anymore?

What does a drummer call the rest of the guys in his band? The real musicians.

In his defense, only the bands with drums have repeating rhythms. But honestly, how many bands have drums anymore?

What does a drummer call the rest of the guys in his band? The real musicians.

Music snob alert! Sounds to me like Farm Girls can listen to Brian Johnson, but they can't hear Brian Johnson

No way. Don't touch Back in Black. One of the coolest entrances around. I think the song could be shortened a bit so the Hawks don't have to stand there for 4 minutes, but other than that, don't touch this one.

... a cleaned up remix of Black and Yellow by Wiz Khalifa. Imagine the student section bouncing along and chanting Black and Yellow over and over.

This will probably happen the same year they paint the water tower.

Amazon.com: black and yellow wiz khalifa: MP3 Downloads

Too funny I thought the same thing hearing it this weekend, just have him redo it as black and gold and you have a winner, we can use it and also back in black

If you can't tell the difference between actual music and the beat in a rap, you really don't have a clue.

Hate to tell you this Professor but rap is music. It meets every definition of music out there. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not music.

No way. Don't touch Back in Black. One of the coolest entrances around. I think the song could be shortened a bit so the Hawks don't have to stand there for 4 minutes, but other than that, don't touch this one.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I feel like there's too much dead space where the players and the whole stadium is just waiting around once they reach the field, and are waiting for Enter Sandman. Another song to transition into Enter Sandman would be nice (there's like a 2-3 minute gap, IIRC).

Hate to tell you this Professor but rap is music. It meets every definition of music out there. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not music.

It's not good "music". And that's fine, because rap has never been about the music itself. It's always been about the lyrics. Which is why I can't stand a lot of today's rap, because the lyrics don't have any real meaning.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I feel like there's too much dead space where the players and the whole stadium is just waiting around once they reach the field, and are waiting for Enter Sandman. Another song to transition into Enter Sandman would be nice (there's like a 2-3 minute gap, IIRC).

Would it kill them to play something up tempo? I mean, for a supposed "psyche up" song, Back in Black has fewer than 80 beats per minute.

Maybe this would be a good place to post some personal psyche up songs. Playing this at a game would wind me up...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hamKl-su8PE]YouTube - Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot[/ame]

It's not good "music". And that's fine, because rap has never been about the music itself. It's always been about the lyrics. Which is why I can't stand a lot of today's rap, because the lyrics don't have any real meaning.

So you're more of a Kool Moe Dee, KRS-One fan huh? There are tons of songs in any genre where the lyrics don't mean anything. I know you must be disappointed that a lot of the rap today can't match the introspective lyrics of all your favorite Justin Beiber songs.

So you're more of a Kool Moe Dee, KRS-One fan huh? There are tons of songs in any genre where the lyrics don't mean anything. I know you must be disappointed that a lot of the rap today can't match the introspective lyrics of all your favorite Justin Beiber songs.

I've already said that I really like what Eminem brings to the table. It's great stuff. But that's not what the majority of rap is anymore.

Yes, there are plenty of songs in any genre where the lyrics don't mean anything. But when your genre is one based almost entirely on lyrics, it might be a good idea to have some that actually have meaning. At least the other genres can offer something to listen to besides the lyrics.

Sample of Black and Yellow Lyrics:

Stay high like how I'm supposed to do
That crown underneath them clouds can't get close to you
And my car look unapproachable
Super clean but it's super mean

She wanna **** with them cats, smoke weed, count stacks
Get fly, take trips and that's that, real rap
I let her get high, she want and she feel that
Convertible drop fill, '87 and the top peel back

Sounds like a winner to me.

tm, I would say that the issue is not so much that rap has nothing to say, but rather, the rap that pop-music stations play, and hence we get exposed to, has nothing to say. The song under discussion being a great example. As near as I can decipher, it is about how rich the artist is, how lavishly he spends his money, the number of "hos" with whom he copulates, and his fancy car. There is a lot of thoughtful rap out there, it just does not get radio play on any popular station.

edit: I am sure if you pulled out a snippet of "Back in Black" lyrics you could find something with a similar lack of applicability.

Latest posts