Replace Back in Black with....

Anyone who wants to replace "Back in Black" for ANY song should be flag poled at high noon and poked repeatedly with a stick and mocked by others.

Thank you,

Shane from Marshalltown

Shane,

Do you realize you average over 12 posts A DAY? I know Marshalltown is lame, but come on man. Get a hobby.

How about this one...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5T8FJ7TldU&feature=related]YouTube - Three Amigos - My Little Buttercup HD[/ame]

Since when did Back in Black become a sacred part of the game day experience? In fact, how does one even hear the music from the PA system in Kinnick at all? You have the crowd cheering and the marching band blaring, how do you even register anything else? Either you guys have nosebleed seats, or your Kinnick experience is warped.

(BTW, did anyone register the OP as saying "Black and Yellow wiz"?)

Since when did Back in Black become a sacred part of the game day experience? In fact, how does one even hear the music from the PA system in Kinnick at all? You have the crowd cheering and the marching band blaring, how do you even register anything else? Either you guys have nosebleed seats, or your Kinnick experience is warped.

You're kidding me, right? You can clearly hear Back in Black as the team walks out to the field, and you can hear most of it, even on a loud day. Plus the song stays on for quite a while, after the teams at the tunnel entrance and waiting for Enter Sandman to come on. Even Enter Sandman, that does get drowned out when the Hawks come charging out, can be heard when it first comes on.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRJuGo_GoME&feature=player_detailpage"]YouTube - Iowa vs Penn St 10/02/10 Black and Gold Spirit Stripes[/ame]

In this video, you hear Back in Black for like 2 minutes after the team's at the tunnel entrance and standing around. Actually, it's that 'dead space' where I wish we'd throw in some clips or something. Keep people pumped up and loud between that initial moment the players come out and when Enter Sandman begins blasting over the speakers.

Last edited:

You can easily hear the music as they come out of the tunnel. The band doesn't even play during Back in Black. They play when the team rushes the field. Everything gets drowned out by the crowd when that happens (band/Enter Sandman).

But you can hear the music just fine right up until the team actually runs onto the field.

Everytime my kids ( age 9 and 7 ) get in the car they ask me to put in the Hawkeye Song.... especially when my 9 year old is on his way to practice or a game...they are referring to Back in Black. They go nuts and want me to crank it up... NO WAY DO WE REPLACE IT!

While we are at it why don't just go ahead and do something like add the name Mediacom Court to CHA ...errrh ...wait....oh yeah... well, never mind.

They should play it during a TV timeout. That would maybe get the kidz going.

The only song that would ever be a logical choice to replace Back in Black would be...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcjWd-O4jI]YouTube - Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam[/ame]

Why don't people realize that the song Back in Black doesn't fire up our team. It fires up 70 some thousand Hawkeye fans and THAT fires up the team.

Why don't people realize that the song Back in Black doesn't fire up our team. It fires up 70 some thousand Hawkeye fans and THAT fires up the team.

This is what I alluded to earlier. Students might get pumped by Black and Yellow, but pretty much every fan gets pumped by Back in Black.

Players tend to listen to more rap/hip hop nowadays. Which is why THAT plays during warmups (if you get there early enough to watch that, as I typically do).

Like most popular hip-hop songs Black and Yellow will be obsolete in a couple of years. Everyone knows Back in Black and it's been that way since it was first recorded in the early 80s.

Don't mess with Back in Black or Enter Sandman...other than to shorten Back in Black so the players aren't standing around in the tunnel for so long (cut the guitar riff solo).

Like most popular hip-hop songs Black and Yellow will be obsolete in a couple of years. Everyone knows Back in Black and it's been that way since it was first recorded in the early 80s.

good point, what ever happend to good music? i feel sorry for the kids today, seems like it all sucks

Shane,

Do you realize you average over 12 posts A DAY? I know Marshalltown is lame, but come on man. Get a hobby.

uni972,

Do you realize that by pointing out my post count, you're actually contributing to my hobby? Thanks for the concern though! It's much appreciated!:)

They played Black and Yellow in the stadium before (and maybe during I don't remember) some of the games last year... it should (and I'm confident will) keep exactly that same role.

Wha??? Are you joking?

Back in Black >>>>>>> Black and Yellow.
The music these days just isn't as good as it used to be.

I guess I am over ruled here, but in the probably 80+ Iowa football games I have been to in the past (almost) three decades, I can't remember once getting pumped up by Back in Black. And on a personal note, I don't remember being pumped up by that song period. It is certainly not one of AC/DC's best.

Latest posts