***OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD***

I must be the aberration here. I like Soriano. It's not his fault that Hendry threw all that money at him. He is a hard worker, has made himself into a decent outfielder with a strong arm (remember his early days out there?), has the occasional hot streak that can carry the team, is a favorite of his teammates and a model citizen.

I must be the aberration here. I like Soriano. It's not his fault that Hendry threw all that money at him. He is a hard worker, has made himself into a decent outfielder with a strong arm (remember his early days out there?), has the occasional hot streak that can carry the team, is a favorite of his teammates and a model citizen.

I like Soriano as well, but lets face it, he isn't part of the future after this year with the Cubs. Might as well bring in a prospect if you can that can help with the future.

I like Soriano as well, but lets face it, he isn't part of the future after this year with the Cubs. Might as well bring in a prospect if you can that can help with the future.

I realize that Alfonso isn't going to be a part of of Cubs resurgence, but giving him to the Yankees for a handful of magic beans AND paying his salary makes little sense to me. If he had more years on his contract, I could perhaps see the point. As it stands now, he is really the only power hitter the Cubs have. Rizzo started out hot, but really is just a doubles hitter.

He's a shmuck and the king of the solo hr. How many times did he go 3-3 or 4-4 in a meaningless blowout? He's never been clutch and he used a 2X4 for most of his career b/c he thinks he's Hercules. All pitchers have to do is throw 3 straight benders into the dirt and he's bound to take a hack at it. How in the world did the cubs allow that to go on for so long and his dumb little skip before he caught a can of corn?...strange.

He's a shmuck and the king of the solo hr. How many times did he go 3-3 or 4-4 in a meaningless blowout? He's never been clutch and he used a 2X4 for most of his career b/c he thinks he's Hercules. All pitchers have to do is throw 3 straight benders into the dirt and he's bound to take a hack at it. How in the world did the cubs allow that to go on for so long and his dumb little skip before he caught a can of corn?...strange.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^he mad

I like Soriano but I understand he is not in the long term plans. But if the Yankees expect the Cubs to eat most of the contract and not give anything back but a couple of fringe prospects then why trade him? He is not blocking anybody and his presence in the clubhouse is positive.

I like Soriano but I understand he is not in the long term plans. But if the Yankees expect the Cubs to eat most of the contract and not give anything back but a couple of fringe prospects then why trade him? He is not blocking anybody and his presence in the clubhouse is positive.
I agree with this 100%. The Cubs have the luxury of just keeping him if they can't get much in return. The Yankees need him more than the Cubs need to unload him.

Gregg lowers his trade value each time the Cubs send him out to save a game. I wish they would have traded this guy a month ago.

Yeah, you could kind of see him reverting to form a few weeks ago. He kept getting saves, but they were getting more and more perilous each outing. Frankly, I wasn't that thrilled when the Cubs re-signed him remembering how atrocious he was back in '09 with his near five ERA and the thirteen HR's he gave up, but he was pretty effective for the first couple of months.

For some reason Sori leaving symbolizes an end of an era to me. The Cubs have gotten young quickly. Hopefully they can compete by 2015.

I felt the exact same way when they flashed Sorianos stats as a Cub on WGN right before the game started.

Latest posts